Arches in glasgow forced to move to over 21's policy due to police

It's a farce. It's like sticking your finger in the hole, only for another one to open up. Seems like Police Scotland haven't heard of cause and effect. The venue isn't the reason Scotland has a drug problem. Post industrialism and thatcher are the biggest contributors. Looks like the city is going to lose a great performance art space, the revenue for clubbing helps keep it running.

Coloursfest - generally a yearly bam/ned/chav get together with yearly drug issues - license every year

T in the Park - robberies, assaults, stabbings, people carted off after collapsing - license every year

Arches - a handful of publicised incidents amid many events catering to thousands - shut

disgrace

It's all about proving a point. Whats the bettering they try enforce a curfew next.

Right ravers, home before the street lights come on.

Who knows maybe we'll get some good underground stuff whilst the appeal happens. Been a while since I've been for a boogy in an abandoned warehouse.

Growing up in Glasgow i probably went to the Arches about 15 times for Inside-Out, 3 times to Colours and a few times to Slam at Pressure.

Not once did i see any trouble. Even the great snowball fights on the Boxing Day or 27th December parties were legendary for the good nature. Every clubber coming out the club to find the street even under the bridge full of snow and joining in.

Whilst i am not saying that the drug issues are not a concern. The Arches are not to blame for idiots who choose to stuff pills in little bags up thier arse.

My local club in Essex has had at least 3 murders in the last few years alone and weekly violence including a reputation for drugs and it continues to operate without any such political interest.

Very sad to think that the many clubbers and fans of the other art endeavours are going to loose what is a great establishment.

Growing up in Glasgow i probably went to the Arches about 15 times for Inside-Out, 3 times to Colours and a few times to Slam at Pressure.

Not once did i see any trouble. Even the great snowball fights on the Boxing Day or 27th December parties were legendary for the good nature. Every clubber coming out the club to find the street even under the bridge full of snow and joining in.

Whilst i am not saying that the drug issues are not a concern. The Arches are not to blame for idiots who choose to stuff pills in little bags up thier arse.

My local club in Essex has had at least 3 murders in the last few years alone and weekly violence including a reputation for drugs and it continues to operate without any such political interest.

Very sad to think that the many clubbers and fans of the other art endeavours are going to loose what is a great establishment.

Having witnessed a massive brawl this weekend in a seemingly upper class area after a national tournament where its totally ok to 'get on the lash' at 11am i find it sickening that things like this are happening. The mind boggles

The people who own the building have put in planning permission to build student flats. I think the main site is where Jumping Jacks is, but I think the request named the full building. So that includes Yates and the 02. And I should of said ABC not academy. Spent to long lying the sun enjoying Scotland's 4 days of Summer.

I should add, this is second hand information from a black cab driver. So I'm not sure on the validity of the claims.

Back