Another one bites the dust.....

I think it's a shame the egg attracts such a terrible crowd.

...I also fear that with this 2012 bollox that the local authorities are really going to clamp down on east end licensing and everything's going to get horribly corporate.

Prawn and E sandwiches???:lol:

a few here, which vary in quality

egg - midsized - seedy atmosphere tho - personally hate it although loft is ok
se1 club http://www.seone-london.com/intro.html
pacha (each to their own..)
cargo - (some good house nights - generally live/soul/broken/jazz - never for prog fans!)
east village (consistently best lineups around, if you like the deep, druggy stuff - location means occasional struggle to keep the ben sherman/beer boys out tho)
koko (old camden palace - if you're desperate)
dex (amazing venue - rooftop spa included)
hub - near liverpool st - on 2 floors, still in embryonic form, think it's leased to nus - potentially very good
plan b brixton - new basement gives it a more raw flavour - upstairs, getting high st crowd in avoid - classic house lineups, no messing about
333 - old street - dark, dingy, one for the alternative/electro crew - painfully cool... Do your homework first...

Validate me forum. Validate me

I think it's a shame the egg attracts such a terrible crowd.

I went over easter for the dtpm/trade naked zoo thingy...quentin harris played upstairs for 8 hours (!!!) and the garden was in full swing.

Because it was a semi-gay promotion, the crowd was actually quite good (very rare in that place) and the garden has so much potential.

It's in the middle of nowhere on an industrial estate so they can crank up the volume as much as they like...and it's all outdoors!

They need a really nasty door selector to make that place work I think.

Oh lord what's happening to London eh? It was only 2005 that the place was at its peak! :eek:

...I also fear that with this 2012 bollox that the local authorities are really going to clamp down on east end licensing and everything's going to get horribly corporate.

nail on head

Ummm - perhaps except that my brain obviously thinks it's april. the party in question wasn't easter...it was in fact the august bank holiday.

:eek: :lol:

I bet you felt like a right 'nana turning up in your bunny outfit with a basket of cream eggs!:lol:

The point you made about 2012 is a pretty good one though, that can't be good for clubbing in London.

Ummm - perhaps except that my brain obviously thinks it's april. the party in question wasn't easter...it was in fact the august bank holiday.

:eek: :lol:

I think the final ever Trade at Turnmills also had the after party at Egg :?:

No, unfortunately, I'm not there until the 20th. Heading out East to check out the new club Matter on that night. Probably another visit in October though...

you coming for cox to matter? just booked my ticket - excited to see what this place is like! 8)

Dare I say it but hated The End, in fact there haven't been many clubs in London that I have liked.

I use to like The Cross, but it was too small and well basically a corridor.

Venue is VERY important to me but so is the music and the people.

Back