Another one bites the dust.....

your front room doesnt count

I know you're being flippant but I'll take your comment at face value - parties at my flat cost nothing to get into, have no corporate branding rammed down yer face, no boneheads on the door, finish when we decide, no east european perverts on steroids groping your girl mates, top notch vinyl throughout and refreshments of all varieties on request...

know which I prefer :D

Other option would be a prohibitively expensive taxi ride, wouldn't it? Or hang out and wait for the tube.

Re: The End
Did anyone quite figure out to whom they sold the place and what will become of it? I tried reading that interview but after reading over and over again what a great team they are and how it wouldn't be the same if one of them left so best that they all quit now, I got bored and stopped :lol:

Property developers... not sure if it's flats or offices going up. Mr C probably got a decent mid credit crunch bid & thought f*** it... u can shove acid house up yer a**.

Soon London will comprise of just flats, offices & Tescos.

i know you're being flippant but i'll take your comment at face value - parties at my flat cost nothing to get into, have no corporate branding rammed down yer face, no boneheads on the door, finish when we decide, no east european perverts on steroids groping your girl mates, top notch vinyl throughout and refreshments of all varieties on request...

Know which i prefer :d

stop going to liquid then!

What a terrible shame :( :( :( The End is awesome :D

Well i think we can all be very smug and thankful that we DID get to go to all the original London clubs before they shut down and had amazing nights at them 8):D8)

I feel sorry for the youth of today and tomorrow that they will not be able to have such great nights at those great clubs, just like they won't be able to experience Ibiza like it was when it didn't cost a stupid amount of money to go to a club, or when you could go to Space at 8am etc and 55 different brand names weren't rammed down your throat every 10 minutes.

WE NVER HAD IT SO GOOD :lol:;)

So other than MoS and Fabric (which i both still love going to when i can), what other decent medium/big London clubs are left?

It used to be that London was the best place for clubbing in the UK without question but that claim IS somewhat open to question now!?!

Oh and in a few years i bet people sayign they were at the closing nights for all the old great clubs are going to be like the amount of people who say they used to go to Shoom etc :D

Cable St Studios is doing more n more big parties with potential carry - ons as well (they just need to re open after a guy got shot outside). Theres Scala and Koko too. Im not filled with confidence

What a terrible shame :( :( :( The End is awesome :D

Well i think we can all be very smug and thankful that we DID get to go to all the original London clubs before they shut down and had amazing nights at them 8):D8)

I feel sorry for the youth of today and tomorrow that they will not be able to have such great nights at those great clubs, just like they won't be able to experience Ibiza like it was when it didn't cost a stupid amount of money to go to a club, or when you could go to Space at 8am etc and 55 different brand names weren't rammed down your throat every 10 minutes.

WE NVER HAD IT SO GOOD :lol:;)

So other than MoS and Fabric (which i both still love going to when i can), what other decent medium/big London clubs are left?

It used to be that London was the best place for clubbing in the UK without question but that claim IS somewhat open to question now!?!

a few here, which vary in quality

egg - midsized - seedy atmosphere tho - personally hate it although loft is ok
se1 club http://www.seone-london.com/intro.html
pacha (each to their own..)
cargo - (some good house nights - generally live/soul/broken/jazz - never for prog fans!)
east village (consistently best lineups around, if you like the deep, druggy stuff - location means occasional struggle to keep the ben sherman/beer boys out tho)
koko (old camden palace - if you're desperate)
dex (amazing venue - rooftop spa included)
hub - near Liverpool St - on 2 floors, still in embryonic form, think it's leased to NUS - potentially very good
plan b brixton - new basement gives it a more raw flavour - upstairs, getting high st crowd in avoid - classic house lineups, no messing about
333 - old street - dark, dingy, one for the alternative/electro crew - painfully cool... do your homework first...

Egg in theory should already be doing really well cos of the other kings cross clubs shutting but it just doesnt seem to cut it somehow. The garden's good in the sunshine but they need to step up abit i reckon

I don't like Egg either, or Pacha.

SEOne is good though and some of those other places sound interesting :)

12 Acklam Rd (formerly Neighbourhood) has potential as a venue... was great for a while, but then lost it's way in the fog.
Ahh! The old Acklam Hall,then Subterrania,was it Neighbourhood next?
Had some great gigs there..:) London's clubland is forever changing, I find it laughable that someone say's"we did get to go to all the original London clubs before they shut down" Maybe he should try Ronnie Scott's (ron's gone)but the club is still kicking..8)

you're someone clearly embroiled in a mid-life crisis, so I wouldn't attach too much weight to your opinions...

What the fcuk? You have your opinion some good some bad and then come out with cr@p like this. You would like people to respect yours and therefore respect other people's whether right or wrong Ducky!

Venues are only as good as the people you go and party with. I go most nights with just me and the missus and don't give a **** where it is aslong as the music is right. Me and the missus could stroll down Baghdad High Street and still have a party and enjoy ourselves! As Morbs said I don't notice or care who is dancing (or prancing depending on the venue) around me.

The Ministry has probably the best most consistent line up of each DJs at the moment. Granted some the venues you mentioned especially East Village in churning on some good do's too. Frabric and The End also have wicked nights.

I personally prefer smaller parties and more intimate venues. Some of the best parties have been in my mates bar and that closes at 2 but it's what you make it. Then i've been to wicked nights out with thousands of people.

However back to topic, The End is a loss but so was Turnmills and The Cross. We must regroup troops and show bouncebackability as they say!

Morning rant over.

TTFN

Absolutely, yr not here for the Birthday next week are you? That line up is HUGE!
No, unfortunately, I'm not there until the 20th. Heading out East to check out the new club Matter on that night. Probably another visit in October though...

Egg in theory should already be doing really well cos of the other kings cross clubs shutting but it just doesnt seem to cut it somehow. The garden's good in the sunshine but they need to step up abit i reckon

freaky place

I think it's a shame the egg attracts such a terrible crowd.

I went over easter for the dtpm/trade naked zoo thingy...quentin harris played upstairs for 8 hours (!!!) and the garden was in full swing.

Because it was a semi-gay promotion, the crowd was actually quite good (very rare in that place) and the garden has so much potential.

It's in the middle of nowhere on an industrial estate so they can crank up the volume as much as they like...and it's all outdoors!

They need a really nasty door selector to make that place work I think.

Oh lord what's happening to London eh? It was only 2005 that the place was at its peak! :eek:

...I also fear that with this 2012 bollox that the local authorities are really going to clamp down on east end licensing and everything's going to get horribly corporate.

Back