Angello playing with a pre-recorded cd

...I don't want to be in a club where the DJ is playing remixes of Coldplay's Clocks or any of this other commercial garbage ...

Disagree with this. Those kind of tracks have their time and place. Mark Knight dropped clocks at the perfect moment at Global Gathering two years ago, and the tent went mad.

Have to agree with warren there.If i made the mistake of going to see these jokers and they played cocks by coldplay i might never go out again..:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Disagree with this. Those kind of tracks have their time and place. Mark Knight dropped clocks at the perfect moment at Global Gathering two years ago, and the tent went mad.
Clocks wouldn't do it for me.

But I will point to the absolutely magical moment 2 or 3 years ago when Danny Tenaglia dropped a killer remix of REM's Losing My Religion at around 7:30am at the closing party of Be at Space. *sighs*

But I will point to the absolutely magical moment 2 or 3 years ago when Danny Tenaglia dropped a killer remix of REM's Losing My Religion at around 7:30am at the closing party of Be at Space. *sighs*

He did the same at Sankeys a couple of years back, unforgettable moment.

As for the claptrap about pyrotechnics, if I wanted a firework display, I would go to a firework display not a dance event.

But that was the point I was going for, those few songs like The Scientist (Maarten De Jong Bootleg) and the like, raise it up another notch, In my opinion. They are like super weapons, and should only be used sparingly.

And songs like Miami 2 Ibiza has a place, in the commercial clubs like Oceana, or The Syndicate, or Liquid. Just not in the underground scene.

But that was the point I was going for, those few songs like The Scientist (Maarten De Jong Bootleg) and the like, raise it up another notch, In my opinion. They are like super weapons, and should only be used sparingly.

And songs like Miami 2 Ibiza has a place, in the commercial clubs like Oceana, or The Syndicate, or Liquid. Just not in the underground scene.

I was at cream last year, sneaked a peek at the main room & fery corsten dropped the scientist.

Not my thing, but seeing the reaction of the crowd from the balcony almost brought a tear to my eye. Can not be a bad thing for so money people to be having the best night ever.

It's because of this kind of thing that I don't go to Space anymore. :lol: Space was underground and different. Not anymore.

It's because of this kind of thing that I don't go to Space anymore. :lol: Space was underground and different. Not anymore.

Are you a miserable git in real life Wazza, or is it just a net persona?

Last edited by a moderator:

Awwww - not even Kehakuma at the start or end of the season ? Come on, mate - at bit on the severe side that, isn't it ?

I was at cream last year, sneaked a peek at the main room & fery corsten dropped the scientist.

Not my thing, but seeing the reaction of the crowd from the balcony almost brought a tear to my eye. Can not be a bad thing for so money people to be having the best night ever.

If they're having the time of their lives that's what matters in the end ? ..
- freudian slip or typo ;) ?

R.I.P The Original Syndicate in Blackpool....closed for good last week.

oh yeh because theres so many places you can go on a sunday afternoon from 4.30 in the afternoon til 6:30 monday morning listening to quality music with thousands of other clubbers :lol:

plus kehakuma and revoulution is definatly underground enough for most peoples tastes surely!?:eek:

Wouldn't really say Coxy is underground .... :confused: very much on the 'commercial' side for me (so is Nic Fanciulli - highly over-rated imho ... but I digress) .. OK for an occasional foray if he's on form ? Some of the guests at Revolution are OK too. The whole night is a bit rammed and hectic tho'..

Wouldn't really say Coxy is underground .... :confused: very much on the 'commercial' side for me (so is Nic Fanciulli - highly over-rated imho ... but I digress) .. OK for an occasional foray if he's on form ? Some of the guests at Revolution are OK too. The whole night is a bit rammed and hectic tho'..

the night as a whole though got, nicole moudaber, loco dice, tini, ritchie hawtin, josh wink, cirillo, dj sneak, green velvet, tim green, dubfire, magda!! loads of underground talent in there surely??

along with the bigger acts obviously but even so can't really knock carl cox, nic fanciulli, john digweed, laurent garnier, yousef etc's music?

still looks very strong to me especially with the state of some of the other nights about like with all this hip hop and urban **** getting about!:evil:

the night as a whole though got, nicole moudaber, loco dice, tini, ritchie hawtin, josh wink, cirillo, dj sneak, green velvet, tim green, dubfire, magda!! loads of underground talent in there surely??

along with the bigger acts obviously but even so can't really knock carl cox, nic fanciulli, john digweed, laurent garnier, yousef etc's music?

still looks very strong to me especially with the state of some of the other nights about like with all this hip hop and urban **** getting about!:evil:

Yep - that lineup had enough. John Digweed & Laurent Garnier I agree completely - 2 of my favourite DJs. Carl Cox & Nic Fanciulli, not necessarily. Cox has his epic moments but I've never heard Fanciulli play a set that keeps me interested long enough to stay around. They both often play what to my ear is just mainstream filler techno, which just doesn't float my boat. Any DJ, though, can play a sh!t set.

Each night is different and it's as much about the crowd, the atmosphere and the people you're with as the music ? If the underground 'feel' goes then so does some of the magic. I think perhaps Warren D is referring as much to this as to the mainstream takeover bid ?

Back