Andrea Pelino: New Era for Circo Loco at DC10

interesting thing about the licence the other day in ultima hora:

http://ultimahora.es/ibiza/noticia/...tividad-por-el-precinto-municipal.html#tabs-2

La fiesta que se celebrará, la denominada CircoLoco, está prevista que empiece a las 12 del mediodía. Desde el Ayuntamiento de Sant Josep de sa Talaia confirmaron ayer que tras la petición para abrir a esta hora se le ha concedido la autorización ya que cumple «con todos los parámetros». Y es que según la ordenanza municipal reguladora de establecimientos y espectáculos públicos y actividades recreativas se establece que las discotecas, salas de fiesta, salas de baile y cafés concierto y cafés conciertos que celebren sus fiestas de apertura entre el 25 de mayo y el 5 de junio podrán solicitar una autorización especial para adelantar su horario de apertura a las 12 de la mañana en lugar de las 16,30 horas, tal y como hacen durante el resto de temporada estival.

Broad Translation: The party that will take place, Circo Loco, is forecast to start at 12 noon. The Sant Josep Town Council confirmed yesterday (27th May) that after a request to open at this time, they have given authorisation since the request keeps to/obeys 'all parameters/aspects" (of the law).

And it is according to the municipal regulations about establishments, public events and recreational activities that says clubs, dance halls, cafe conciertos, etc can request to have a special authorization to open at 12 noon, instead of 4:30pm like the rest of the season, if they have their opening parties between 25th May and 5th June

So in other words, dc10 asked if they could open at 12pm and the Ayuntamiento said "Yes!". I'd say that was a strong case for ongoing weekly parties in 2010!!

yes i went. obviously it was a lot quieter than the opening but if you're going for a dance and with your mates, all the better in my opinion.

mix of sexes, not just guys!

Dixon was quality as you'd expect.

they have a new sound system and have spent a **** load of money it and on new amps/hardware. i think it probably needs some fine tuning over the weeks but it's easily one of the best in ibiza now.........you pick out the different frequencies in the bass much more clearly than the rest of the clubs. space is the only that compares.

with cocoon opening next week, reckon it's gonna be another busy one!

those red horn type speakers atthe front?? Did there used to be a bar in the back left corner of the terrace ( just to the right as u walk in) thats now gone?

Does anyone know what the license situation is and how they are keeping from being shut down this time?

the red horn speakers are at the front and back yeah.

the bar on the right as you walk in the terrace is still there.

re: licence, read the post above. Sant Josep Council gave them permission to open for the opening.........doesn't sound like the kind of thing they'd do, if they weren't prepared to let it go ahead and continue all summer.

so it would appear they have anew license for more than 67 or whatever ridiculous number it was before. Or there are some major backhanders going on

Dixon @ DC10 monday just gone....

I am interested in how this was?
Anyone go?
How did he go down?
Presumably he was on the terrace?

lol, maybe the authorties now prefer a bunch of clubbers tucked away from it all in DC10, as opposed to raving on the beach in a family resort!

So looking at facebook it looks like their parties start at 4:30 like everyone else. I hate that time, smack in the middle of the day......might not be easy to recover for Cocoon...

Hi Guys, I read that on the Opening Party DC10 was so overcrowded, you couldnt move!!
I'd really like to go but wouldnt like ending up in a sweat pit!

Could somebody please tell me if the situation got more normal in the following parties?? And at what time does the place get going? (I wanna coordinate things well on monday since there's also cocoon later on during the day)

Cheers...

Hi Guys, I read that on the Opening Party DC10 was so overcrowded, you couldnt move!!
I'd really like to go but wouldnt like ending up in a sweat pit!

Could somebody please tell me if the situation got more normal in the following parties?? And at what time does the place get going? (I wanna coordinate things well on monday since there's also cocoon later on during the day)

Cheers...

id agree with going around 7/8 as i did myself, bit of bad luck prevented me goin in a bit earlier, went the monday just gone (14.6) and was pure quality all the way through to the end, definitely worth the 2 year wait, i had enough space to throw my shapes about!

I'd never actually been to DC10 before the opening this year (closed all last year and I flew back just before the 'opening/closing' while in 2008 was my first time in Ibiza and I knew nothing..), and it is most definitely my favourite club on the Island. If the weekly nights are anything like the opening it's gonna be so good. Just love the insane atmosphere, the fact there are places to chill outside, that everything is slightly less extortionate, that it's completely going off at 4pm while the sun is blazing and of course the unparalleled music.

Anyway, here is one of my videos of the event: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNw1O2Yz60c

Cannot wait to go back, 26th July for 3 more Mondays of madness!! If there is a combination of Vulcano, Raresh/Rhadoo/Pedro and Tanzmann on those days I will be very very happy... Wish there was a Circo Loco Londra in the mean time but with Matter's demise I'm guessing it's not too likely.

Back