An American in Ibiza 2008

This is kind of reading like a film script.....

I have moments of thinking that it's a wind up, with a couple of suspects in mind.

But if it was a fabrication then you would have had all your clothes stolen at Es Cavellet and rode home naked.

So, you've got me. I still think it's for real....just.

Come on then....Let's have some more!

It's hugely entertaining in it's naivety.

... all your clothes stolen at Es Cavellet
and rode home naked ...
naked ?
why didn´t you pay attention ? :lol:
he didn´t had to drive home NAKED
because he rode home wearing a ****ing ...

... DIAPER ! :lol: ! :lol:

("... I’ve left my shirt in the locked area under the seat
and through nice leftovers from a good scotch buzz have managed
to fashion a short sleeved polo into a diaper ...")

naked ?
why didn´t you pay attention ? :lol:
he didn´t had to drive home NAKED
because he rode home wearing a ****ing ...

... DIAPER ! :lol: ! :lol:

("... I’ve left my shirt in the locked area under the seat
and through nice leftovers from a good scotch buzz have managed
to fashion a short sleeved polo into a diaper ...")

Sir, I am paying attention.
If you read what I wrote.
I said that 'IF it were a fabrication THEN he would have rode home naked'.

I was basiclly saying that if it were a made up story then then story teller would have been more inclined to take that route.

Sir, I am paying attention ...
2isfh9i.gif

... so it was me who wasn´t paying attention -
maybe because i was listening ibizaglobalradio veryyery LOUD
because the sound was so good :)

2pu0sxe.jpg

ps:
where is letsgetdownanddirtybaby ?

Last edited by a moderator:
ps:
where is letsgetdownanddirtybaby ?[/quote]

A very good point here....

Where is he now?

Not in Ibiza any more and highly unlikely back in Iraq already...

So, I hearbye announce the 2008 World

Championships of....

''Guess where letsgetdownanddirtybaby is right now''

Ok...me first.

I'm going for.............mmmm

Dubai

Brilliant, thanks for the stories!! I totally agree about the sad lack of Crown Royal, it was hard to drink JD all the time. Well I managed somehow ha ha

What is Larios?

I'm back in Iraq of course...

and I appreciate the posative comments. I've been given a tremdously larger amount of responsiblity at work and am now kind of "mission" important. There will be a slight delay in continuing the trip report but not to worry as I took notes.

I really do live a Forest Gump style of life and there is no need to put anyone on or embelish. I've seen so many things that you wouln't belive...I've seen C beams twinkling like stars neer the Tanhauser gate....and it all will be lost when I die. Like tears in the rain.

Sob. Sob.

Back at it in a day or so...the mission calls...

An evening spent in a Philadelphia Drug War.

I’m a little worried and weaving slightly from the Scotch. Driving past DC10 I had the little scooter going as fast as it would go with one hand on the throttle and the other constantly checking the tucks are right on my impromptu wardrobe. Through the traffic circle and I figure I’m nearly home free. Getting back to the hotel wearing only a Polo Diaper is only a grind when you consider the walk from the parking lot crosses the front desk and the lobby.

I’m forced to hit the breaks hard as there is a nice screech-scream-thunk-scream-murmer-murmer stoppage just past Space.

Myth # 8: Crosswalks give pedestrians the right of way. Go ahead Ibizians…Walk right out in front of traffic from behind parked cars. Assume you have the right of way every time no matter what the speed of the car.

I finally saw the “accident waiting to happen” about 25 yards in front of me. Some idiot doesn’t bother to look and walks right out in front of a car to be toppled over the hood. That looked nasty. I wondered if you get hit by a car in Spain in a cross walk if perhaps you were told as a child “it is how you get 59 virgins in heaven.” Maybe its olives or something, I don’t know, but it must be that or the equivalent of winning the lottery. Why else would people continue to walk in front of fast moving cars just assuming they will stop? There should be a notice as you’re leaving the airport that Ped’s in a crosswalk have the right of way as in the countries I’ve been to you have to wait for the light.

There is no reason for me to stop and render aid as I am not a doctor and the multitude of drivers from the taxi stand have surrounded the victim forming a “gawk-es-sphere” of protection for the injured. As I drive around the fray, one Itali-teen notices my wardrobe and I give a one handed, “Chow, baby.”

I think I could have been naked on the walk back to the room from the parking lot. No one even notices me and I figure I must have taken a brief interlude from being in my usual opposite world. I’m expecting to have to sneak in at the beach due to being underdressed for the lobby but even the people waiting to check in don’t turn around.

Back at the room I gather some well deserved clothing. The shoes don’t come off as I wash the sand off the important regions in the B’day. Got to love the non-shaving French…at least they know how to keep their asses clean. Sweat pants are on and I’m ready for the power lounge/nap on a Saturday afternoon in Ibiza. One small problem… In my zest for party making the night before, I seem to have all but finished the small fifth of JD that I purchased upon arriving. That will not due so it’s find-a-shirt time and out the door to the local intoxicologist.

Skipping the retail dealer and going right to the pusher, I exit the Garbi lobby and follow my right hand since I have no idea where I am going. I find a little place across the street that has some interesting prices and at least a bottle of what I am looking for. I decide to shop for the next few days and look like Arthur balancing a rock glass on a Bentley as I make several trips to and from the front counter. Two shopping bags and 4wait-I-have-to-get-one-more-thing” statements later, I’ve given the store enough business at tourist prices to close up for the day.

I’m carrying the bags in one hand and opening various products to stuff my now nearly sober face. Of course I wander through the cross-walk without looking and force a car to slam on the brakes. I nearly end my vacation involuntarily and realize I am my own worst enemy.

Back at the room, I stocked the fridge that will not come on (I forgive you again for the broken fridge, Garbi). I pour myself a nice Jagermeister, hit a shot, and then head to the first floor balcony. I’m dragging green bottle, Bose, and a Heineken with me to the small plastic table. I get the attention of the entire pool area as I turn up “Getting Away with it” by Electronic to a volume that drowns out the sound system by the pools.

I’ve had several shots by the end of the song and decide this is the best time to go to the bathroom. I’m halfway through a piss when I realize I’ve accidentally “Rick-rolled” the pool since out of 1900 songs my Ipod has selected Rick Astley’s “Together Forever.” I’m nearly peeing on myself as I’m running for the remote. I choose to keep the curtains pulled shut as I turn down the volume. I’m hoping that the Bose doesn’t walk away as I am not going to show my face for a while on the balcony.

I’ve decided at this point that I am going to watch a little TV and there is one channel in English: CNN International. I have no desire to watch this but I’ve brought with me Season 5 of the series The Wire. It’s a half of a bottle of Jack Daniels and just after midnight when I’ve decide to pull away from the 5 episodes I’ve watched in a row. What a great series but the shower beckons me to clean for at least a few hours of night out. I’ve decided to stay in Playa and just hit a couple of the local clubs so wont that be fun and a slight change of pace?

...I stocked the fridge that will not come on
(I forgive you again for the broken fridge, Garbi) ...
1073nsg.gif
- this is inexcusable.
didn´t you demand/didn´t they give you another fridge ??
an american in ibiza with WARM drinks ... can´t believe this ...

... I’ve had several shots by the end of the song
and decide this is the best time to go to the bathroom.
I’m halfway through a piss
when I realize I’ve accidentally “Rick-rolled” the pool
since out of 1900 songs my Ipod has selected Rick Astley’s “Together Forever.”
I’m nearly peeing on myself as I’m running for the remote.
I choose to keep the curtains pulled shut as I turn down the volume.
I’m hoping that the Bose doesn’t walk away
as I am not going to show my face for a while on the balcony ...
:lol:
262s5qg.gif

The cab ride home is relatively uneventful. When you’re walking home on a Friday morning in the U.S. with your club clothes at 7 am, there are people going to work and usually a frown or two. Most of the time there is at least one person giving you a tisk-tisk. I find it ironic they can look down on you with their suit clad ideals clinging to the ceramic-dick caffeine cup they suck on. But, such is being an American is simply ironic on its own and another slice of life best eaten with a Spork.

The streets of Playa Den Bossa are deserted and I am beginning to wonder who actually works in this town.
Most of the people that live permanently in Playa d'en Bossa live further inland where the rent is cheaper and they are not getting woken up in the middle of the night by noisy tourists. There are no office blocks, wharehouses or other industry on the road that runs paralel to the beach. You should see the place in winter. It's like a ghost town.

It's a great story so far. We want more. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back