Amnesia closing party!

So you could enter the Amesia closing with a Matinee ticket (if you were inside already)?

yes. it was ONE event and as far as i know there was only one type of ticket! the event had no break, there was one entry for the party. it was just a combined closing, not a separate party!

trestrazos, from 8am onwards on the terrace, you didn't feel anything from matinée anymore. the only thing you saw was the matinée writing above the floor (where they did the shows during the night) and a few people (musclemarys without t-shirts) where you could exactly tell they had gone to amnesia during the night for matinée. but they did not disturb at all. i really don't see the point being negative about it, especially when you haven't been there!

trestrazos, from 8am onwards on the terrace, you didn't feel anything from matinée anymore. the only thing you saw was the matinée writing above the floor (where they did the shows during the night) and a few people (musclemarys without t-shirts) where you could exactly tell they had gone to amnesia during the night for matinée. but they did not disturb at all. i really don't see the point being negative about it, especially when you haven't been there!

Musclemarys without t-shirts!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Funny expression! :)

Nostrum, I'm a big fun of Amnesia, to me is the best club I've ever been.
But... at the same time, Amnesia's closing is always in my mind like one of the bests events during the summer in Eivissa.
I believe you... no matter... it's just difficult to me imagine both parties together.
That's it. I believe you. And yes, this year I have'nt been there in the closing, but I lived lots of them in the past.
Next year, probably I'll be there.
No negative point... just a point of view. ;)

The funny thing is most of my friends say they want the music policy (specially in the sunset terrace) to be like the old days, when lets face it, it was a bit on the cheesier side, but then you get loads of the new clubbers (and older ones) who come on here and who say it's too commercial..

Can't be easy to decide the music policy in this situation.

Having said that the music inside the new terrace and discoteca i've always found excellent at Space on a sunday.

Yeah I agree....is tough because they have fewer hrs of daylight to cheese it up so feels like its far more serious than the old space. I also suspect there is a good dose of nostalgia amongst those (me included) who want the sunset terrace of old and perfectly understandable if you have never even experienced the old terrace in full anthem swing to think its too commercial....but I think Amnesia in comparison doesnt have any unfavourable comparisons to a different past so seems to get all round better press these days, esp as it now has arguably the islands flagship nights.

As an aside I am going to stop talking about my ibiza trip. Think i bored/annoyed a few people at a party I went to on the weekend talking about it. In a good way of course!

Yeah I agree....is tough because they have fewer hrs of daylight to cheese it up so feels like its far more serious than the old space. I also suspect there is a good dose of nostalgia amongst those (me included) who want the sunset terrace of old and perfectly understandable if you have never even experienced the old terrace in full anthem swing to think its too commercial....but I think Amnesia in comparison doesnt have any unfavourable comparisons to a different past so seems to get all round better press these days, esp as it now has arguably the islands flagship nights.

100% agree.

Regarding a few of my other posts which seem to be misinterpreted.. I'm in no way shape or form having a go at Amnesia's music policy for the closing, in fact completely the opposite. Every tune I see on youtube clips I love.

Which is why perhaps my next years schedule for the closing weekend (assuming they're on the same weekend) will be get up early on the sunday, head over to Amnesia closing. stay till its over then freshen up and catch Space closing, hopefully before the sunset terrace / car park is over.

And all this on my 30th birthday 8)

I'm sure I read on here somewhere that Amnesia basically had a nightmare with the Matinee contract and gave them one too many weeks by mistake, they should have been due to finish the weekend b4. I was at the closing last year and it was solely an Amnesia party. Im sure this will be the case again next year.

Amnesia closing 2009:

ONE OF THE BEST PARTIES IN MY LIFE !

was nice to meet you all!
see you next year..?
8)

Back