Age & its effect on our clubbing & partying

Personally as I get older (only 26 but a bit old before my time...) I can’t help but think a lot more about my health and longetivity. Priorities change as well, I’m a lot more focused on things like my career and fitness.

So stuffing my face with pills, coke and booze every Friday and Saturday night just really doesn’t appeal to me whereas a few years ago it was my life.

I usually plan one big dance night every few months to give me something to look forward to and get away from everyday responsibilities. I don’t have the passion I used to for it though, no doubt.

For me personally I find it is more what you experience/expect over age

For me now the big killer and is putting me off going out is over crowding it just seems worse than ever to me this year. Once you have had nights in the past where it wasn't an issue and you could get lost in your own space to the music. Every event that does not provide that just kills my mood, vibe and enthusiasm. I have expectations now

You iz gettin' jaded bruv :lol: Take a look at the vids from Ku back in the day on the space to dance front and you can imagine what it's been like "adapting" for the slightly older among us !

For me it’s now just quality over quantity. While I love finding new things, the days of say going out every night to “filler” nights in Ibiza are over. Stick with the real quality, and then seek new stuff - and this helps if you know people to give you some good tips (like on here).

In London the thing that has kept things fresh are the number of day events. There is so much that is now midday to midnight on a Saturday. The hard reality is I can’t go to 10am Sunday and then be at a desk at 8am Monday. The day parties have really helped.

This, one million times this.

My own party is moving to days next year, just can't hack it anymore, even just working til 9 / 10am on a Sunday running a club night. (I do it sober too, until I get home).
Night parties are gradually becoming a thing of the past I feel. (In the UK, anyway)

Just go with the flow. This is my missus and I, we very rarely feel out of place.
0_PAY-TRANCE-RAVING-INTO-THEIR-FIFTIES.jpg

You were at the last Transcend weren't you?

Back