Age & its effect on our clubbing & partying

moesalama

what to do when someone become bored with the activity we all share in liking - which is attending techno & other related music genres parties, festivals & events?

what i used to like two years back does not interest me anymore & i dont enjoy doing much events, is this something we all experience with age?

very few events now grabs my attention & make me want to attend.

the same is happening with my friends also.

were thinking of taking a good break.

so i was just wondering if some other people experienced the same?

happens at any age mate. i had a break from clubbing at several points in ny life.

its a hobby/fun activity. when it stops being fun, stop and find sonething else you like doing.

its not a job remember

For me it’s now just quality over quantity. While I love finding new things, the days of say going out every night to “filler” nights in Ibiza are over. Stick with the real quality, and then seek new stuff - and this helps if you know people to give you some good tips (like on here).

In London the thing that has kept things fresh are the number of day events. There is so much that is now midday to midnight on a Saturday. The hard reality is I can’t go to 10am Sunday and then be at a desk at 8am Monday. The day parties have really helped.

10am Sunday haha. I’m more like 7pm Saturday with baffies (slippers) on.

I can’t sleep all during the day either at home or away. Seems a waste. It’s definitely an age thing :confused:

i'm still 18 :D..

1 more :cool:
some i spot here, 68+ for sure :lol: even on their 20's or 40's (no hard feeling , guys :p)

Break from Paris scene for sure, from ibz, step by step..

The power or ROCK!!!still younger after all these years :cool:

Everything in moderation...when I was 20-28 I went out most weekends and loved it...nowadays I dont party that much...

I wait till Ibiza and then party then or go to a party in Madrid that I think I will enjoy! before going back to ibiza 2 years ago I did not go partying for 2 years

After you taking a break you will probably enjoy it again

I don't know how old you are FGP or actually care. you try to goad me on here week after week about my age but you're wasting your time. if you have a larger collection of branded club wristbands then I'm delighted for you - I've no doubt your wrist has seen a lot of action... whatever makes you happy.

I went out a lot over 20 years from 1992-2012 and a lot less now. Why? Because of relationship and work and moving country/city, losing touch with friends and coming up against cliques and fewer decent DJs playing and all sorts of other factors you don't anticipate. I don't think most people voluntarily pack it in, although I guess some people overdo the lifestyle and their body/mind calls time for them.

I can’t sleep all during the day either at home or away. Seems a waste. It’s definitely an age thing :confused:

Me neither - when I partied all night I was almost always back out by 11am in Ibiza, or stayed up the next day after an all-nighter (anything beyond 6am) either at home or away. Really don't enjoy 36-48 hour plus days much any more - they always involve loads of caffeine and I increasingly get a big energy crash a couple of days after, which can go on for days. That's almost certainly age !!

You can list a number of reason's why people go clubbing and stop clubbing. Some for the ladies, some for the men, some for the drugs, some because it's cool, some to be seen, I am firm believer that if your reason for clubbing was the love of good music then longevity will exist.

After all the other reason's have 'reason' to fade whereas you just simply can't stop enjoying good music.

No one would question me going to a Foo Fighters gig earlier this year so why should i be questioned enjoying tech house in Ibiza. Age 47 or not. Simple as that really.

I still enjoy clubbing, but don't really do it in the UK any more for a number of reasons - but mainly because clubs seem a bit more sensitive nowadays to people getting on the md. I wrote here recently that I came close to getting thrown out for doing half a bean (not even at once, but in two bits!). Bollocks to that. I'll save my clubbing money for Ibiza. Still go to gigs..

Yeah couldn’t tell you the last time went proper clubbing in the UK (Blackpool on a stag doesn’t count). Looking at probably the Arches 15/16years ago for Inside Out.

There are lots of great nights still happening by all accounts, like you I save my nights and money for Ibiza.

Back