Afterlife @ Hï 2023 - Reviews & Reports

I went last week. Club room on top form as usual. Massano with some very good melodic techno including some of his new & unreleased stuff. Got there too late to see Rebuke unfortunately but still a fun time.

Didn't catch much of Tale of Us. The main room was very busy & far too bright for the brief time I was there. There was big beaming pink visuals on the ceiling & back video wall. Stayed for a couple of tracks, none of them good. There was high pitched vocals & then one with an insanely long breakdown. It felt like an age of dead air silence before there was a very poor drop.

I have the same feeling as previous years, the main room is usually hit & miss at Afterlife. Tale of Us tend to get sh*tter every year but the club room never disappoints.

Last edited:
How sad it is, a forest of phones
Very sad, nobody seems to be dancing either.
Breathtaking as they might be this over the top visuals have ruined clubbing in my opinion.
I don't mind some light's effects but all this cinematic stuff I found it very distracting same goes for performers I'm afraid to say.
It is not just TOU overdoing it, Eric Prydz is just as bad.
Thank God there are still places like Underground where the music is all that matter.

Far to many Phones and the lack of dancing is poor but not surprising

But I must admit the Video/Visuals where it looks like the Roof Opens up is very Cool

Very sad, nobody seems to be dancing either.
Breathtaking as they might be this over the top visuals have ruined clubbing in my opinion.
I don't mind some light's effects but all this cinematic stuff I found it very distracting same goes for performers I'm afraid to say.
It is not just TOU overdoing it, Eric Prydz is just as bad.
Thank God there are still places like Underground where the music is all that matter.

yep, i’ve said this on here for YEARS. the golden rule is: the more spectacular the LED the shitter the music.

I wonder who/what the TBA on 31-Aug is in the Club Room? Something big, or just a miss? Not updated on Hi Website either.

1689582858088.png

events like this one are so far removed from what 'clubbing' actually stands for. I get it the production is next level at afterlife and holo for example. but genuinely the sea of mobile phones and people just standing there are turning me off 100%.

where's the dancing?
where's the getting lost in music?
where's the escapism?
where's the dancefloor's feeling of unity?
where's the social interaction between clubbers?
where's the artitsts' spontaneity and improvisation?

just call it a modern art exposition already, because this is certainly not what a PARTY looks like in my books.

events like this one are so far removed from what 'clubbing' actually stands for. I get it the production is next level at afterlife and halo for example. but genuinely the sea of mobile phones and people just standing there are turning me off 100%.

where's the dancing?
where's the getting lost in music?
where's the escapism?
where's the dancefloor's feeling of unity?
where's the social interaction between clubbers?
where's the artitsts' spontaneity and improvisation?

just call it a modern art exposition already, because this is certainly not what a PARTY looks like in my books.
Amen 🙏
I feel very old and completely disconnected from this scene.
People are paying 100 euros just to be able to have a video to post on Instagram.
Just to feed their narcissism.
Pathetic.

Amen 🙏
I feel very old and completely disconnected from this scene.
People are paying 100 euros just to be able to have a video to post on Instagram.
Just to feed their narcissism.
Pathetic.
i hear you, im paying that 100 euro to go to Hi in october , but i got a ticket for DC10 a few nights later , as that seems to be the closest to the spirit that space used to be when i was last in Ibiza. Them visuals are unreal to be honest .

Back