Afterlife at Hï Ibiza 2018

sorry to hear man. ket needs to be taken in really small doses!

good to see you at km5 though!!

Having done a few Afterlife parties as well as other events where TOU have played (Junction 2, Awakenings NYE, etc.), Tale of Us seem play better when:

• Solomun is on the same stage / in the same room
  • There are DJs from the harder side of techno on the same stage / in the same room

'Better' is, of course, subjective.

Last edited:
Have to say was really disappointed with this one as well. Had done the opening and rather enjoyed it but this was up there with the worst Ibiza events I've attended this year.

Arrived about 11:30pm and stayed till about 2! was probably a mix of a few things but just couldn't get in to the night and compared to Cocoon the crowd was shocking! Felt lots of people had no idea where they were and just didn't really get going for me so thought it was time to call it a day after around 42 hours without sleep! (the first 14 hours I was at work and traveling to Ibiza so cant really count those)

Safe to say I have really gone off Hi and absolutely feel in love with Pacha this year, even went back on Friday night after Destino for HS82 and again had a good night that system is juts amazing!

Glitterbox is the only event I can say I had a proper good night in Hi and that I would return for over the last 2 years. Overall though cracking trip and think ill be giving Afterlife a miss next year if it stays at Hi.

Wasn’t too impressed with afterlife tbh, it was really busy and the music was a bit crap overall. Speaking of crap, since I had a KFC at about 3pm I’ve not been off the bog and my stomach is in agony. Don’t think I’ll be making it anywhere tonight!
Both me and my mate felt awful after a kfc last week in San An, he was vomiting all night

I left Km5 at 12 and got to afterlife at 1am. Paid 55 at the door.
I was open minded but really really unimpressed. The old terrace is unrecognisable and has not character at all, although mind against where good as was Marcel detman and people were dancing.

The main rook I didn't like at all, the sound was poor. The whole club was really busy even walking the corridors. A lot of phones out when TOU came on.

To top it all off I tried ket for the first (and last time). Went into a massive k hole and literally thought I was going to die, had to be helped out by a few Scottish guys haha it was scary
Every time I've had ket I've overdone it. There seems to be a very fine line between not feeling affected by it at all then absolutely doing yourself in.

Every time I've had ket I've overdone it. There seems to be a very fine line between not feeling affected by it at all then absolutely doing yourself in.

Are you drunk every time you do it? Does not mix well with alcohol.

If not, it’s pretty easy to do small bumps to the point where you start to get a little bit too wobbly and then you pump the breaks. Never do lines.

Il hold my hands up and say it was my own fault. Took some then took more before I started to feel the first bump. Id say I would of been fine if I was with my own mates who I fully trust, but I was just with a group I had met a few days before who did look after me but obviously just not the same as feeling safe within your own group of mates

Are you drunk every time you do it? Does not mix well with alcohol.

If not, it’s pretty easy to do small bumps to the point where you start to get a little bit too wobbly and then you pump the breaks. Never do lines.
Yeah I've never done it without alcohol prior. Noted for next time!

I do lines of coke mixed with ket, just as your slipping into the k hole the coke rips you back out over and over again

Sounds like a good way to kill yourself, horses for courses i suppose, but i wouldn't recommend that. Please dont take is as judging, I'm not, feel free to do you, but mixing ups and downs directly together wouldn't advise it.

I usually just mix everything after i get drunk but make sure I don't take too much of any one substance

And Afterlife is a great event. It's what every other ibiza night lineup wise should be and I get that made for ibiza feeling. I do miss that morning sun at Privs Vista Room tho.

Yeah I'm a broken record, but the truth must be repeated!

Back