Afterlife at Hï Ibiza 2018

I still have yet to go to Hi, it still hasn't really tempted me.

Did they install a slide copying Ku? Do people actually use that?

What is the old premier etage now? Can you still go up there?

Is el salon, sunset terrace and main terrace all knocked into one room now?

there's a slide but hasn't ever been open to people I think - just optical gimmick.

the premier etage is open as a bar - no music though.

el salon and sunset terrace are both open air terraces with bars - no music. the one where el salon was has some teepees.

what was the main terrace is now the 'club' room.

Was my first time in this venue since it became HI. Was distraught seeing what they did to the terrace. I mean it’s just a tiny box now. You can have a room like this literally anywhere in the world. I can think of maybe 5-7 similar venues in manhattan. Just a small square box with low ceiling. So strange they did this. But also, if I never seen the terrace and knew what they destroyed I would enjoy it just fine. The soundsystem is not the same but it’s not bad, certainly freaking loud. Also I was there when Ame was playing b2b rodhad and they were killing it. What a set. All in. Aggressive yet melodic. Energetic but just right. Never losing control.
I thought main room was good. Overall I like what they did to the place. It fits today’s ibiza well I feel. Space is really dated compared to what is there now. There is nothing at all unique about the club but at same time I see zero wrong with it.
Strangest thing of all the b2b with Jamie Jones was totally fine. He was playing older tracks. Really nothing to complain about honestly.

The only strange thing for me was how short the crowd was lol I’m from New York and usually when I go out in ibiza, even in heels, most men tower over me or are just taller. Here, I was looking down at men’s heads. It was strange to have this outside New York. Also, some people smelled in there. Which is normal for some countries and clubs but not really common in ibiza. Not good or bad just unusual for what I’m used to in ibiza.

My advice to anyone..... Even if you see the stairs open to what was the Premier Etage..... DO NOT go up there. You will cry when you see what it is now.

Anyone can just freely walk up there? I've never seen it but I mean I just go between the main room, club room and that outside smoking area

re smell - might have to do with the heat on the terrace. whenever I've been this year, it's been the hottest (temperature wise) floor I've seen on the island this summer. where's the aircon?

Re: smell, far-and-away the worst I've attended has been Solid Grooves. A sausage-fest heavily attended by male workers. Imagine the distinct scent of ketamine-laced sweat, mixed with the aroma of a 16 year old's bedroom to get an idea.

Anyway, I digress.

jon hopkins not playing tonight, apparently he injured his ass while walking, according to twitter.

Back