Afterlife at Hï Ibiza 2018

41552547_1378876932242309_3201787412090978304_o.jpg

I think I just died. Proper excited about this.

Probably asking too much here, but I hope they don't give Baumel the graveyard shift like he's been lumbered with all season.

Probably asking too much here, but I hope they don't give Baumel the graveyard shift like he's been lumbered with all season.

Might not be as he's done it all season? You can only hope. Lots of folks here would want peak time though...

As an aside, any chance of having the Ibiza Spotlight Afterlife playlist updated? ;)

The man is a genius, can play the warmup better than anyone but it seems unfair that he keeps getting that gig. Outstanding selector for peak time, would love to see him close down the second room at bananas am.

So a report on yesterday.
I was pretty much assuming the worst from it after my 2 experiences of Hi last year and everything I read... however I was very wrong.

Unlike last year I felt the crowd last night was really into the music. The atmosphere was pretty good. I spent all night in main room as Maceo and TOU was so good and everytime i went to club room it was quite boring.

Also the sound is 100% louder too, in fact dancing near front was hurting our ears so moved further back.

My friends and I definitely feel like our faith in Hi has been slightly restored. I hope it wasn't a one off.

I finally had a chance to go to this last night and after reading all the reviews I was geared up and prepared for a very mediocre night, atmosphere wise. I must say that I was proved wrong, maybe lucky but I didn’t see any of the bad aspects everyone talked about and personally I didn’t think the crowd was that bad at all, good party vibe and no more phones in the air than any other night I’ve attended. Needless to say music wise was spot on! I think the closing party is now a must!

So a report on yesterday.
I was pretty much assuming the worst from it after my 2 experiences of Hi last year and everything I read... however I was very wrong.

Unlike last year I felt the crowd last night was really into the music. The atmosphere was pretty good. I spent all night in main room as Maceo and TOU was so good and everytime i went to club room it was quite boring.

Also the sound is 100% louder too, in fact dancing near front was hurting our ears so moved further back.

My friends and I definitely feel like our faith in Hi has been slightly restored. I hope it wasn't a one off.
Great to hear I’m not the only one then

It’s September now, when the crowd tends to be a bit older and more there for the music as opposed to the younger crowds that visit in peak summer.

@white_isle_calling called it months back, let’s see how the next few weeks go...

The crowd is always a little off in a party’s first year in a new club. I think next year you’ll see it improve as well (if it stays there, which I’m sure it will).

I finally had a chance to go to this last night and after reading all the reviews I was geared up and prepared for a very mediocre night, atmosphere wise. I must say that I was proved wrong, maybe lucky but I didn’t see any of the bad aspects everyone talked about and personally I didn’t think the crowd was that bad at all, good party vibe and no more phones in the air than any other night I’ve attended. Needless to say music wise was spot on! I think the closing party is now a must!
100percent agree, I didn't pay mind to the crowd really when I went. I just done what I had to do and put my sunglasses on. One of the best nights of my trip for sure.

100percent agree, I didn't pay mind to the crowd really when I went. I just done what I had to do and put my sunglasses on. One of the best nights of my trip for sure.

Likewise, think we're all in agreement on last night. Hadn't been to Hi since a Black Coffee night last year when I said Id never darken its doors again but was massively impressed last night.

Spent my whole night in the Club Room and Schwarzmann (Henrik Schwarz and Frank Wiedemann) was by far the best part of my trip so far. Much more club-leaning and less jazzy than I expected, and the lads vibe off each other brilliantly, thoroughly enjoying themselves. Mano closing the room was quality too.

Definitely a fair few dopes in the crowd but easily ignorable.

Will have to go back for KiNK next week.

Back