Afterlife at Hï Ibiza 2018

Still underwhelming and still a disappointment, but last night does give me some hope that the September crowds might salvage something from the season.

I wonder if in hindsight they should have strarted early June, 1 room and before Abode etc. They may have attracted more workers, a better June crowd and stopped some of the mixed publicity they are getting. It’s just insane that all that talent is getting wasted.

can anyone explain me why Afterlife is allowed to close at 7h00am while some house parties there such Glitterbox closed 6h00am?

Can we expect afterlife closing ending at midday?:D

can anyone explain me why Afterlife is allowed to close at 7h00am while some house parties there such Glitterbox closed 6h00am?

Can we expect afterlife closing ending at midday?:D

glitterbox closes early sometimes because it empties out.

I don't think afterlife closing will go on that late no. maybe they continue a little in hotel8289 section (the backstage bit) but not sure how long. it's still over a month to go anyway though so let's see.

aah all this talk of soulless atmosphere is making my worse fears come true.

I'm due to go on 13th of September and was hoping this night would've gathered some momentum by then :(

I've sometimes thought they need to dim down those lights in the main room. 2 times I've been there it's been far too bright. Not sure if that would help but..

I'm due to go on 13th of September and was hoping this night would've gathered some momentum by then :(

I've sometimes thought they need to dim down those lights in the main room. 2 times I've been there it's been far too bright. Not sure if that would help but..

I’ve only been once to this night this season, but from that experience (which was musically good but crowd poor), and from countless tales from workers and other visitors, I sadly believe this night is beyond saving from a credibility perspective. They need to say Byë to Hï ASAP.

Likewise! Think I'm going to wait and see if Tipic get someone decent for their Cocoon closing party that night instead. Apollonia in Sankeys might even be appealling..

Lineup on the 20th with KiNK back and no real alternatives that night means I'll probably be there then though.

Next week the club room looks interesting again. A shame that Rodhad was given full license to go wild with a solo set, but I suspect the music will be of a high standard regardless.
Sadly the theatre screams avoid :(
Rodhad is not playing b2b with Ame? Where did you hear this? I didn’t see any updates/changes about the lineup anywhere on socials..

I’ve only been once to this night this season, but from that experience (which was musically good but crowd poor), and from countless tales from workers and other visitors, I sadly believe this night is beyond saving from a credibility perspective. They need to say Byë to Hï ASAP.
I'd like to know what they (ToU) thought the night would be like when they did the deal with Hi. The reports on here of what the night is like have hardly come as a surprise.

Rodhad is not playing b2b with Ame? Where did you hear this? I didn’t see any updates/changes about the lineup anywhere on socials..

He is playing B2B with Âme. Spelling mistake, was supposed to read "wasn't"- sorry for the confusion.

FB_IMG_1535015624902.jpg

I’ve posted many times of my hatred for Hii and i know there’s many others like myself but I’m interested to understand what people’s views would be on Hii if the club was built in a different location and Space was still open?

Would a lot people still hate the place as much or would the club be a welcome addition to the island even if it does have many commercial lineups?

I’m interested to understand what people’s views would be on Hii if the club was built in a different location and Space was still open?

Would a lot people still hate the place as much or would the club be a welcome addition to the island even if it does have many commercial lineups?

This is a good point. I think it’s a mix of Space, and it being Ushuaia’s club etc.

I think if you look back pre season, many people were open to giving Afterlife @ Hï a chance (even some of the biggest critics). I think many of us falsely believed that in the same way Pacha and Amnesia can one night have a Techno night and then a Guetta type party the next night, and there probably be 0.01% crowd cross-over.... then the same would be the case for Hï. But I suppose in hindsight, that was mad. It took Pacha, Amnesia Etc years to establish this. Plus having an EDM night at Ushuaia on a Thursday would always mean that a % of people would just go to Hï after midnight.

So it’s probably a combination of Space, Ushuaia, and many other factors.

And I’m guessing all this talk of Solomun, Marco etc going to Hï will be put to bed. You don’t spend years building up credibility to then throw it away.

He is playing B2B with Âme. Spelling mistake, was supposed to read "wasn't"- sorry for the confusion.

View attachment 5617
Jamie Jones gets everywhere these days. He done an Afterlife set last year, really can't see him fitting into the afterlife sound. . I was hoping that this brand keeps apart the oioi lads lads crowd distant to the music heads.

And if that sounds snobbish well maybe it is. Stick to paradise, DNS etc. I bet a majority of Brits that go haven't heard of anyone apart from JJ & tale of us. By saying tale of us I mean heard not actually seen in action.

This is a good point. I think it’s a mix of Space, and it being Ushuaia’s club etc.

I think if you look back pre season, many people were open to giving Afterlife @ Hï a chance (even some of the biggest critics). I think many of us falsely believed that in the same way Pacha and Amnesia can one night have a Techno night and then a Guetta type party the next night, and there probably be 0.01% crowd cross-over.... then the same would be the case for Hï. But I suppose in hindsight, that was mad. It took Pacha, Amnesia Etc years to establish this. Plus having an EDM night at Ushuaia on a Thursday would always mean that a % of people would just go to Hï after midnight.

So it’s probably a combination of Space, Ushuaia, and many other factors.

And I’m guessing all this talk of Solomun, Marco etc going to Hï will be put to bed. You don’t spend years building up credibility to then throw it away.

You make interesting points. I agree that as it stands it feels like a large % of crowd there are not Afterlife fans such. But still those that are there, even if only 30% or 40%, why aren't they creating the atmosphere like they would in Vista or elsewhere?
Is it simply the venue (ie lay out, visuals, sound) that doesn't favour it?

I remember last year for In The Dark, I was in middle of dance floor. Luciano played a cracking track. I started some whooping, hand clapping, waving hands.. my usual crap excited dancing and noticed everyone around me literally standing there like in a queue waiting for bus. I gave up soon after.

Back