ADE 2019

Wanted to do Afterlife and Exhale but there are no tickets going for unextortionate prices. Will settle for Cox & Capriati in the Gashouder and a tasty warehouse rave featuring B.Traits, Deborah De Luca, Fatima Hajji, Gary Beck, Joyhauser, Marco Bailey, Matador, ROD, Thomas Schmaucher & Victor Ruiz.
Tickets always available closer to the dates.

The venues are too big not to have plenty of drop outs.

Tickets always available closer to the dates.

The venues are too big not to have plenty of drop outs.
Chances of securing one at a decent price are still quite slim. Nearly 3k people looking for Afterlife tickets on Ticketswap.

Bought tickets on Friday for Verknipt and on Saturday Adriatique (all night long).
As its our first time some tips would be helpful? What you recomment during the day? What to take care of? Does it make sense to buy the ADE card? Been to Amsterdam before, but never during ADE.

The "Audio Obscura" party with Tennis & Jobse was for the books last year. I was super sceptical and expected a snobby VIP party - but it was super awesome.

2019 is not sure yet (have a cancelable hotel), but I already saved tickets for:
// Rufus Du Sol concert
// Innervisions
// Life & Death
// Shelter with Palms Trax & Hunee

I wonder if the special guest on magdalenas shadow boat party could be solomun? :)

Bought tickets on Friday for Verknipt and on Saturday Adriatique (all night long).
As its our first time some tips would be helpful? What you recomment during the day? What to take care of? Does it make sense to buy the ADE card? Been to Amsterdam before, but never during ADE.
You don't need the ADE card. During the day go check out the city or visit some daytime party. It's 24/7 madness. Lots of free party's too. Like the MARY GO WILD Basement Raves.

The free events are often the best.

If you really want to go to a particular ticketed event, I'd recommend buying tickets over the ADE card as once the venue is full, it's full. Whereas if you've bought a ticket, you're fine. Saw lots of disappointed people with passes unable to get into places last year.

Either that or get to the venue very early.

Also can recommend the free "kompakt" events - hope they will be back, they had problems with the neighbors...

Also can recommend the free "kompakt" events - hope they will be back, they had problems with the neighbors...

Not seen any mentioned for this year, besides the big Saturday night (paid) event.

Shame, as the free parties in their pop-up Red Light record store were fun.

Not seen any mentioned for this year, besides the big Saturday night (paid) event.

Shame, as the free parties in their pop-up Red Light record store were fun.
Any idea how to find these pop up events, seen one with Richie Hawtin, playing in one of the main squares, looks awesome but can't seem to find anything about these?

Any idea how to find these pop up events, seen one with Richie Hawtin, playing in one of the main squares, looks awesome but can't seem to find anything about these?

I don't think Kompakt are doing anything free this year, nor anything like 2017's Richie Hawtin pop-up.

Mary Go Wild do free events - the best thing is to look at the Facebook event pages for updates.

Rush Hour (https://www.amsterdam-dance-event.nl/en/venues/rush-hour/41202/) and Clone at Radio Radio (https://www.facebook.com/events/2350737875214742/) do free in-store events with big DJs.

The free events are often the best.

If you really want to go to a particular ticketed event, I'd recommend buying tickets over the ADE card as once the venue is full, it's full. Whereas if you've bought a ticket, you're fine. Saw lots of disappointed people with passes unable to get into places last year.

Either that or get to the venue very early.
Yeah. Better buy tickets for the events you wanne visit. ADE card will not get you into lots of parties as its full.
One of the best venue's always is Gashouder/Awakenings. Tickets not cheap but one of the best Techno parties around i think.

Watch out for illegal taxi's, Uber and normal taxi's lol. So dont take a taxi hahaha. They will charge you massive amounts of money. Public transport is well arranged here in Amsterdam. Buy a 1 2 or 3 day GVB ticket or buy the new travel ticket. 17 euro for a day and it incl the train from airport to central station. Easiest way to get to centre from Airport. Again dont take a taxi at airport. Check here : https://reisproducten.gvb.nl/nl/toeristen/amsterdam-travel-ticket The english PDF is there for all the info. Its a unlimited tram, bus, train and metro ticket within Amsterdam. This will save you lots of money for nice things in Amsterdam ;) If you stay the weekend buy a 3 day ticket. For 28 euro you can go and return to centre/airport and use all public transport unlimited! A taxi ride only from airport to centre is 60 to 80 euro.

I live in Amsterdam so If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM. Always happy to help my fellow party minded people ;)

Last edited:
Yeah. Better buy tickets for the events you wanne visit. ADE card will not get you into lots of parties as its full.
One of the best venue's always is Gashouder/Awakenings. Tickets not cheap but one of the best Techno parties around i think.

Watch out for illegal taxi's, Uber and normal taxi's lol. So dont take a taxi hahaha. They will charge you massive amounts of money. Public transport is well arranged here in Amsterdam. Buy a 1 2 or 3 day GVB ticket or buy the new travel ticket.

THIS!

I took an Uber from our apartment in Jordaan at ADE 2017 to De School (sober and for a meeting!) and the driver took us a terrible way, charged us a fortune and then gave me a lousy rating. Public transport is really good and I just hopped on and off trams last year between meetings and events. So much easier (& cheaper) than taxis. Plus the free ferry to the north is great for the events up there - unless you just miss a boat, that is!

Gashouder is an amazing venue - a good friend's sister is involved with Awakenings so sorted us out.

THIS!

I took an Uber from our apartment in Jordaan at ADE 2017 to De School (sober and for a meeting!) and the driver took us a terrible way, charged us a fortune and then gave me a lousy rating. Public transport is really good and I just hopped on and off trams last year between meetings and events. So much easier (& cheaper) than taxis. Plus the free ferry to the north is great for the events up there - unless you just miss a boat, that is!

Gashouder is an amazing venue - a good friend's sister is involved with Awakenings so sorted us out.
Uber can be cheap but not when its crowed. If you need to go to airport on a regular day at 3 am its cheap. But with ADE or train defects they raise the price sky high. It just like hotels. Lots of demand prices go up :)

If you wanne buy a total transport ticket online check here https://www.discoverholland.com/amsterdam-travel-ticket English also so more easy for you guys.

I go the saturday with Cox and Capriati. Cox in Gashouder is always amazing. B2B set with Capriati and then Capriati untill 8 am :) Cant be better.

Back