A new benchmark

Sorry to disappoint, no banging to tell about. TS has got a girlfriend, a really nice girl so he was just there for the partying. And I wasn't in Ibiza looking to hook up either - I had a girlfriend who I was with for nearly 9 years, until the last couple of days when it's all finally fallen apart.

I think Ibiza changed me, or helped me realise that I've changed. I used to like the fact that my girlfriend had no interest in the music, or Ibiza, or staying out till 7am getting off her head. It meant I could fly off and have fun with my mates. Now I feel like if I'm going to be with someone, I should be with someone who will not only put up with it, but encourage it and get involved.

It's obvious the more I think about it, it was never going to work with my girlfriend in the long run as we had so little in common. So it looks like my next trip will be my first to Ibiza as a single lad, and maybe my next Ibiza story will have a different outcome. Space Opening Fiesta is firmly in my sights...

great review mate.

enjoyed reading that.

by coincendence just been talking about jamie jones this morning (after listening to his set from the paradise closing...very dull set which went nowhere, and at a very slow pace.......heidi's set was much better)...can get them off techno live sets podcasts / mixcloud.

will say from the various times i've seen JJ, he does seem to attract a crowd that looks to be more about posing, looking 'fashionable' & doing far too much ket (always ket with them) than dancing & actually caring about the music imho....too cool for school some people...and most of them i think had just left school going on the ages:lol:

+1
I don't get JJ music either. I heard his sets twice at the BPM festival in Playa del Carmen and it was kinda boring, couldn't dance to it.

Last time I saw JJ was in Fabric about 3 years ago and to be fair he rocked it. none of this slow shuffly rubbish haha

sorry to keep hijacking the thread, last point about Jamie Jones:...i think time will prove him to be a better producer than dj...from his recent sets, the best tunes he's played have been the hot natured stuff (will be interested to hear the album when it comes out)...Benediction is a great tune.

JJ is definitely a younger crowd's 'favourite DJ' and has been for a while. Bandwagon jumping.
To be fair he played a couple of good sets at Hideout last year, but I didn't see and haven't listened to his DC10 set yet so can't comment. I suppose expectation gets ridiculous when you're having a year like he has.

Totally agree with TM78 on the crowd thing. I hate all that posing and much prefer a crowd that's just up for having it. One of our Manchester trips a while ago summed it up perfectly. We went to Sankeys on the Friday and Saturday nights. On the Friday it was Nic Fanciulli and James Zabiela. Mental crowd, no posing, amazing atmosphere, really good fun. We then went back on the Saturday when Reboot and a few others were on. Absolutely sh*t. Nobody really dancing, much more 'fashionable' crowd, and it was BORING!

JJ is definitely a younger crowd's 'favourite DJ' and has been for a while. Bandwagon jumping.
To be fair he played a couple of good sets at Hideout last year, but I didn't see and haven't listened to his DC10 set yet so can't comment. I suppose expectation gets ridiculous when you're having a year like he has.

Totally agree with TM78 on the crowd thing. I hate all that posing and much prefer a crowd that's just up for having it. One of our Manchester trips a while ago summed it up perfectly. We went to Sankeys on the Friday and Saturday nights. On the Friday it was Nic Fanciulli and James Zabiela. Mental crowd, no posing, amazing atmosphere, really good fun. We then went back on the Saturday when Reboot and a few others were on. Absolutely sh*t. Nobody really dancing, much more 'fashionable' crowd, and it was BORING!
i suggest a trip to glasgow for you mate, a night in the subclub or the arches i think would suit you down to the ground8)

if your not sweating, your not dancing enough:p

If your in london also check out World Unknown on monthly fridays in brixton if u wana get ya sweat onnn!!

If your in london also check out World Unknown on monthly fridays in brixton if u wana get ya sweat onnn!!

I'll look into that. We're keeping an eye out for potential nights for a bit of an Ibiza catch up in November or December, and London is probably our best bet as it's sort of halfway between Southampton and Norfolk.

TM, I'll keep that in mind, but it's almost as cheap/easy to get to Ibiza as it is to get to Glasgow!

I'll look into that. We're keeping an eye out for potential nights for a bit of an Ibiza catch up in November or December, and London is probably our best bet as it's sort of halfway between Southampton and Norfolk.

TM, I'll keep that in mind, but it's almost as cheap/easy to get to Ibiza as it is to get to Glasgow!
:lol: well i cant argue with that, i know my mates got the flight down to southampton not that long ago as they were going to portsmouth for the football, im sure it was about £55 return on flybe to glasgow

Im pretty sure I was chatting to you guys over the weekend u wete there in the daytime! I was sat at a stool at the front of the bar chatting to the bar man and remember u saying u were staying in Bossa!

Im pretty sure I was chatting to you guys over the weekend u wete there in the daytime! I was sat at a stool at the front of the bar chatting to the bar man and remember u saying u were staying in Bossa!

Which bar would that have been? My memory from the week isn't great and we talked to a lot of strangers! Probably a good thing, our San An behaviour is normally less than acceptable x

You spent a lot of your time travelling to San An. Would you still stay in PDB next time?

Which bar would that have been? My memory from the week isn't great and we talked to a lot of strangers! Probably a good thing, our San An behaviour is normally less than acceptable x

The Boozer, I used to work there and one of my good mates does the say shift behind the bar so im regularly propping it up! Well I was till I left yday :( It wasnt an indepth chat just across the bar while you were ordering drinks kinda thing...Im not sure which u are in the pic but one of u briefly sat down on the small sofa stools on the left if your looking at the bar....dont tell me why i remember that but I have a visual memory!

You spent a lot of your time travelling to San An. Would you still stay in PDB next time?

Went to San An twice in the week, and then unexpectedly on the last day before the flight home. Would've only gone there on the Saturday if it wasn't for the girls staying there. We loved the Jabeque and I'm pretty sure that'll be where we stay next time. Much prefer d'en Bossa on the whole, but there will always be parts of San An I want to visit occasionally.

The Boozer, I used to work there and one of my good mates does the say shift behind the bar so im regularly propping it up! Well I was till I left yday :( It wasnt an indepth chat just across the bar while you were ordering drinks kinda thing...Im not sure which u are in the pic but one of u briefly sat down on the small sofa stools on the left if your looking at the bar....dont tell me why i remember that but I have a visual memory!

All good. Nice to have met you if I did!

Back