_____ Fresh rumours about DJs switching clubs next year. Gonna be a fun 2012 _____

Agree that the Tiesto / Prydz combo at Amnesia would be perfect.......

Tiesto is too big a crowd puller for a room in Amnesia, that was the reason he gave when he moved to Privilege. He's still a massive name so why down size right now??

As they're already installed at L'Elephant would be very handy being based out of Amnesia ..

I think he plays far better at free parties than he does at paid club nights.. perhaps he's happier ? ;) ..

I couldn't agree more with you!! I've experienced him several times at free parties and all of them have been EPIC. He seems bored when he does his "routine".

I'm not sure anyone big will move. THis is the first year for a while all the big clubs seemed to have got their nights settled down. Space definitely has a strong roster now after a few years in no mans land after losing some of their big nights and Amnesia and Pacha seemed to have good seasons. DC10 speaks for itself with consistent quality so, as said above, it's only Privilege really who needs to attract someone big...

Privilege need a second big night. they need to hurl some money at Deadmau5 imo. unlikely because he obviously isn't the travelling/residency type.

There is only a few dj's that could pull off what tiesto does for them and most of them seem pretty settled Guetta,SHM,avb etc

I'm not sure anyone big will move. THis is the first year for a while all the big clubs seemed to have got their nights settled down

This is probably the best comment so far. What Space have managed to do in a few years still doesn't get enough respect. Like Space, Pacha and Amnesia have pretty solid lineups. It's just Privilege. In some ways I no longer think of it as part of the big boys. It's pacha. Space, amnesia, Ushuaia and DC10.

This is probably the best comment so far. What Space have managed to do in a few years still doesn't get enough respect. Like Space, Pacha and Amnesia have pretty solid lineups. It's just Privilege. In some ways I no longer think of it as part of the big boys. It's pacha. Space, amnesia, Ushuaia and DC10.

Yea I agree, Amnesia, Space, Pacha and Ushuaia, and of course DC10 have had great line-ups this year so I imagine they'll be similar next year. I think the gatecrasher nights at Privilege could work a lot better, they seemed to be not advertised or hyped up much, and putting them against Be was perhaps a mistake in terms of their trance line-ups. Above and Beyond at Privilege would be good!

Is it maybe just that the nights Privilege put on are not ones you lean towards ? Unsure how SNP keeps going but Supermartxe has a large if non-British dominated following. The club's probably too big for the following Gatecrasher & Tiesto get to go these days ?

Only night I'd do at Amnesia now is Cocoon and didn't even bother with that on account of a 6-hr Sven set which can be hit & miss and the fact that I prefer DC-10 and it's usually enough. Aside from Cream which has its large Trance following the other nights are not really solid ones any more than Space's 'secondaries' or Privilege's other nights.. the eclectic musical leaning at Amnesia put me off going there at all this year (even Prydz night).

Pacha has its staple diet of pop music from Guetta & SHM which are commercially successful and Tong's night still draws essentially because it's Tong - the music's very hit & miss depending on who is on the line-up. However, none of Cadenza, Defected & Subliminal would really tempt me to choose a night there as club nights to go out of my way to attend - they are all in their own ways a bit stale, no ? Flower Power, when it's on, is different and solid Pacha institution.

Space is probably best with 3 solid nights - Carl Cox, We Love (although it's not my scene any more) & Kehakuma. But Mondays, Be, Come Together & Cafe Ole all strike me as "also ran" nights to fill up a week.

Don't know how Privilege could be compared to Ushuaia or DC-10 tho' in terms of the latter being "big boys" and Privilege not :confused:.. totally different thing at both DC-10 & Ushuaia .. is it not just that each puts on successful parties attracting a reasonable-sized crowd suitable to the respective venues :?: .. and does Es Paradis not still have a sizeable following ?

^ ^
You don't mention Eden in your overall analysis ?

:lol: - oh yeah - thanks Don Simon .. then there's Eden.. which has a huge free-wristbanded following does it not ? Is it a 'big boy' ? Average age not old enough, surely :confused:

Sankeys isn't big but by all accounts it's had some very successful nights after initial settling in period. Good reports about recent Monza & Carnival nights there from the crowd those nights are geared at... Carnival even seems to have had a last-minute closing party added to its party calendar line-up (21st Sept) :p

I think it depends what your into. Some of my friends were in Ibiza last week, and they went to the foam party at amnesia on the Sunday (much to my horror), but in the photos the place looks packed. It may be free, but so long as people are paying 9 euros per bottle of water, surely that doesn't matter? What I'm saying as, so long as the clubs are filling to a reasonable level, surely that means all those nights are working.

As for Privilege... Supermartxe is massive (like u said) Tiesto too... but that club can be so hit and miss for atmosphere. I loved Warung last year.

That's interesting - we don't get a huge amount of feedback on here about nights like the foam party but they're almost an institution and seem to be highly successful.

Agree on Privilege as far as atmosphere is concerned - it can still be amazing (or a bit like a mausoleum) - depending on how it goes on the night.

Privilege lost it way as soon as manumission left - no other party / event will ever fill that place like they did. Its to big to fill and when they close off the rooms to make it feel smaller it just fills wrong.

Manumission lost also their way when they left privilege.

But privilege and manumission will always be the stuff of legends

Privilege lost it way as soon as manumission left - no other party / event will ever fill that place like they did. Its to big to fill and when they close off the rooms to make it feel smaller it just fills wrong.

Manumission lost also their way when they left privilege.

But privilege and manumission will always be the stuff of legends

There will always be another Manumission style party in some new shape or form, that will come along in the future.

I would be very disappointed if something new, on the same level as Manumission, did not happen there again.

There will always be another Manumission style party in some new shape or form, that will come along in the future.

I would be very disappointed if something new, on the same level as Manumission, did not happen there again.

There have been a few copy cats already but nothing will match manumission in its hey day.

Aside from Cream which has its large Trance following the other nights are not really solid ones any more than Space's 'secondaries' or Privilege's other nights.. the eclectic musical leaning at Amnesia put me off going there at all this year (even Prydz night).

?

Dont really agree la troya and matinee are both very busy nights every week, both being able to fill the club week after week, tonight was also a big success this year. there are really only 2 nights in space now that properly fill the venue cox and we love although we love isnt what it was anymore either.

privilege even back in the daysof manumission struggled to fill the venue the rest of the week

Tong's night still draws essentially because it's Tong - the music's very hit & miss depending on who is on the line-up. However, none of Cadenza, Defected & Subliminal would really tempt me to choose a night there as club nights to go out of my way to attend - they are all in their own ways a bit stale, no ?

Totally disagree with you on this, and I have been a huge critic of Pacha in the past. Cadenza with Luciano, Reboot, Carl Craig etc? Stale? Give me a break. Tong with Matthias Tanzmann, Guy Gerber, Laurent Garnier, Sasha etc. Friday's have been the best they have for years - better than when Tong used to host it.

Defected for me (though only been 3 times this year) is totally on the money if you are into that deep house sound. They are getting better and better and less commercial by the year IMO.

there are really only 2 nights in space now that properly fill the venue cox and we love

You never went to Kehakuma in August then?

Back