___ Radio One Weekend 2010 ___

Think Come Together with Grandmaster Flash on the thursday will be good - something for everyone at that night.

Ibiza Rocks Welcomes BBC Radio 1 For A Big Night Of Dance Music

Ibiza Rocks + BBC Radio 1 = Massive

Get ready for one of the biggest events in the Ibizan party calendar when the BBC Radio 1 crew touches down on the island for a whole weekend of huge, huge shows this August 6th-8th.

Yet again they're teaming up with Ibiza Rocks to kick off the weekend's island-wide action with Annie Mac, Pete Tong and whole host of superstar guests coming live for a FULL 4 HOURS from the Ibiza Rocks Hotel on Friday 6th August.

Annie is up first (broadcasting 7-9pm UK time), getting the party started with blistering live action from the likes of Riva Starr, Chase and Status feat. Mali and MC Rage, Tinchy Stryder and superstar Mark Ronson and band.

Then, later in the evening (9-11pm UK time), Pete Tong has handpicked an unmissable line-up of some of the biggest names in dance music today including Afrojack, Aeroplane, Dirty South feat. Rudy and stars of the moment Swedish House Mafia

This huge outdoor party is a free event and open to the general public. No tickets are required and full details on how to gain entry will be announced in the coming week including details on door opening times and the DJ line up for the always unmissable pre-broadcast pool party! All Ibiza Rocks Hotel guests of course are guaranteed entry as part of their stay.

All the weekend's madness and mayhem will be beamed and streamed live by BBC Radio 1 - so visit
Radio 1's website right now for the full lowdown on the entire weekend's parties and gigs.

Yes! YES!!! I didnt even know this was happening, yet the one week we picked to go is the very week that this is happening. We pulled our holiday dates out of our arses, how lucky is it that we'll be in Ibiza for this. Though I wish this was happening at the start of our holiday instead of the end. Whatever, YEEEEEEESSS!!!

Radio 1 weekend has lost its sparkle for me, I used to base my holiday around it, but since moving from Mambos it's gone down a notch. Radio 1 highlight the 'sunset song' as the best part of the evening, but you can't see the sun set at Ibiza Rocks..

Stop with the "this is not what it used to be" attitude - I was there back in the days, even when Radio One held thier anual party at Punta Es Moli (long before Mambo's era) and its still the best nowadays ... 2 more weeks i'm so there !!!!!
:D

Yes! YES!!! I didnt even know this was happening, yet the one week we picked to go is the very week that this is happening. We pulled our holiday dates out of our arses, how lucky is it that we'll be in Ibiza for this. Though I wish this was happening at the start of our holiday instead of the end. Whatever, YEEEEEEESSS!!!

I wish this wasn't happening during my holiday as my friends are going to want to go meaning I can either go with them or do something on my own :x

Stop with the "this is not what it used to be" attitude - I was there back in the days, even when Radio One held thier anual party at Punta Es Moli (long before Mambo's era) and its still the best nowadays ... 2 more weeks i'm so there !!!!!
It was actually in Cafe Mambo long before Punta Es Moli, it was in Mambo's in 1998 and 1999 before moving to Playa Pacha in 2000, it wasn't in Punta Es Moli until 2002 if I rememmber right. I too used to plan my trips around the Radio 1 weekend, but since it moved of the beach it's deffo lost it's appeal, for me anyway.

Playa Pacha 2000 - by far the best radio 1 event ive been to! Remember leaving Amnesia @ 6am and heading to the beach for Sara Cox breakfast show - happy days!!! :):)

:), sorry, yeah you're quite right, it is what you make it. I was just reminiscing about Jamie Cullum a few years back and how it wouldn't be the same at Ibiza Rocks.

Radio One Weekend

RADIO ONE WEEKEND
The Radio 1 weekend kicks off on Friday 6 August as Annie and Pete return to Ibiza Rocks hotel for a huge outdoor free party with some big-name guests followed by some enormous shows from Space and Amnesia.

Radio 1 in Ibiza live from Ibiza Rocks:
2000-2200 –
Annie Mac
Mark Ronson
Tinchy Stryder
Chase and Status feat. Mali and MC Rage
Riva Starr
Katy B
2100-2300 (UK time)
Pete Tong
Swedish House Mafia
Dirty South feat. Rudy
Aeroplane
Afrojack
Radio 1 in Ibiza from Come Together @ Space
Midnight-0200 (Pre-recorded on Thursday 5th)
Grandmaster Flash
Mark Ronson
Zane Lowe
Radio 1 in Ibiza from Cocoon @ Amnesia
0400-0600 (Pre-recorded on Monday 2nd)
Sven Vath
Andre Galluzzi
On Saturday 7 August Trevor and Jules keep the party going from the island before a massive mashup of a party at the world's biggest club with Underworld, Above and Beyond and the Radio 1 Dance fraternity.
Radio 1 in Ibiza
2000-2200 Trevor Nelson
Guests tbc
2200-midnight Judge Jules
Guests tbc
In Ibiza DJs We Trust
midnight-01.00
12 balearic DJs pick their biggest tunes:
Radio 1 in Ibiza live from Cream @ Privilege
A special extended Essential Mix 0000-0500
0100-0230 Pete Tong Live
0230-0330 Underworld Live
0330-0500 Above & Beyond Main Stage Live
0500-0600 Annie Mac
Stay locked to Radio 1 for the biggest weekend of dance from the world's party capital!
For more info check out http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/events/ibiza/2010/ Info from the Ibiza Sun Website

Regards,
Martin.

Jamo & Andy George: ------------------------------ pool:
copiade100806015.jpg
copiade100806017.jpg

Annie Mac: ------------------------------ Tinchy Stryder:
copiade100806019.jpg
copiade100806021.jpg

Chase and Status feat. Mali and MC Rage: ------------------------------ crowd:
copiade100806028.jpg
copiade100806030.jpg

Katy B: ------------------------------ Riva Starr: ---------------
copiade100806032.jpg
copiade100806033.jpg

Mark Ronson: ------------------------------ Swedish House Mafia feat. Tinie Tempah:
copiade100806042.jpg
copiade100806065.jpg

Aeroplane:------------------------------ Pete Tong:
copiade100806077.jpg
copiade100806086.jpg

Dirty South feat. Rudy: ------------------------------ Afrojack:
copiade100806094.jpg
copiade100806102.jpg

Above & Beyond sounding good. Yesterday was bad in parts though. Why do they keep playing mc / rap artists at these live events??

Last edited by a moderator:
Back