___ Ibiza Rocks 2010 ___

Most people in Ireland think its time Bono lost the God Complex......Not a fan of U2...... their music was way too serious for me.........

They did write some classy tracks though

Right, i've heard mixed reports off mates who have seen the specials live, some have said they are great others say ****e. I must have gone through every track of theirs on you tube. I must admit i wish there would have been someone else headlining but i'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. just heard monkeyman on youtube and think it'll get everyone going. I hope ibiza rocks are lining up some really good support acts.

Own personal take on this:

The Specials are a good band, they've been around for years, lots of people may know the name or have heard a track by them and perhaps not known it was them. They have legendary status to some folks and not so much others. However I do find it odd that they would close somewhere like IR without a big supporting line up.

As for U2 - Legendary band, have consistently delivered for years, though likely wouldn't play to less than 60,000 now, amazing live but it still doesn't hide the fact the Bono is a bit of a twat and The Edge has a tendency to use that delay effect a little too often.

a solo set from Noel Gallagher would have been great. The Specials is clearly not the best booking they could have made but there must have been reasons. They have had some great acts play and The Specials whilst still a legendery and great band , just dont quite fit the bill of Ibiza Rocks closing party in my opinion

Yes,solo Noel would be good, a real singalong. I saw Pete Doherty at Ibiza Rocks bar opening in june,went down very well & he stayed upright :eek:
I think booking The Specials was inspired & will be very popular,well done!
It's good to see things being opened up a bit,beyond the latest NME faves and I am looking forward to seeing 'The fall' there next year,how about it Andy?

The way some people moan on you would think the electric guitar had never been seen in Ibiza before this IR nuisance.....

ive seen the specials before ... i enjoyed them but this certainly wasnt what i expected for the Ibiza Rocks closing party.... at least i know now before spending wot i would say is a ridiculous price for a ticket for this ..... :confused:

the klaxons closed it last year and the specials are a million times more well known / popular than them!!!

It is an unusual booking for the closing but surely it will be a mad atmosphere and worth trying. I was a young 'un when they were around and even back then you either loved 'em or you didn't. Some of my mates would swap both arms to see them live again, personally I was never into the music. As already mentioned, they were around during a very weird period uniting a lot of people through their music.

Back