I will try and update this weekend, got a bit to update after giving it a quick read through. Promise it will all be finished by next summer season at the latest!

So I guess a little background as to why I decided to do a season in Ibiza…. Everybody always says that an Ibiza worker is running away from something, a failed relationship, family problems, drug problems (ironic I know!), failing university, struggling to get a job in the UK etc and in a sense that is true. I did my first season in 2011 after a failed serious relationship, a drastic move to a new city and starting a job that I hated. I didn't know who I was anymore or what I wanted to do.

Hi Wednesday. Did your season help with the above. Did it help you find yourself and what you want to do etc? thanks

Base Camp

We soon found out they were Latvian and were polite, very gentlemanly and well rather hot! (..)

Latvians are polite in general. Hard to say about the "hot" part... I guess we have few of those as well.

Base Camp

Apparently Latvians love vodka – who would have known!

It is cold and/or raining constantly and we live next to Russians... it is a survival technique. :)

Hi Wednesday. Did your season help with the above. Did it help you find yourself and what you want to do etc? thanks

Good question! Well it solved quite a few of the problems
1. - I moved to an island where I knew nobody rather than a city where I only knew a few people. Brilliant because it gave me the confidence to talk to anyone and make friends anywhere so when I came back to Manchester after my first season I easily fell into a great group of friends.
2. Failed relationship - certainly made me realise there was a lot more out there. My confidence was knocked by the relationship and after working as a PR where u seriously get chatted up every two minutes I certainly wasn't shy around men anymore.
3. I left the job I hated and realised that money didn't necessarily equal happiness by working in a job I loved in Ibiza but earnt peanuts. Unfortunately when you come back from Ibiza with a bang money suddenly does matter again...I also then struggled to hold down a job for more than 10 weeks at a time because I lacked the job satisfaction and motivation needed to cut it in England. I'd say unemployment amongst my Ibiza friends is extremely high during the winter. Something to definitely bare in mind.

396593_10151142008360646_1167408907_n.jpg

Great reading Wednesday! I'm so looking forward to Ibiza 2013! I see that you have said that 2012 was your last season, are you going to at least do a holiday in 2013 in Ibiza?

Great reading Wednesday! I'm so looking forward to Ibiza 2013! I see that you have said that 2012 was your last season, are you going to at least do a holiday in 2013 in Ibiza?

Wait till the end of thre story to see if my feelings change about doing another season, and how what happens when I return to the cold reality of England!

I love this review! Although you have had some dodgy times, you have obviously had some brilliant ones :D. Wish I had done a season!

Thanks for the nice responses guys, will try and upload a few more this week, and you never know might get it all finished this weekend

Hope these two additions keep you occupied till Sunday! I had written most of this on my Google account and for some reason for the last week or two it kept corrupting Luckily it's now recovered so just need to pad a few more chapters out and they will be on their way to you!

Back