Excellent idea, great to hear about life on the other side. :)

If only I'd known it was that easy finding work, I'd have done it years ago.

Defo looking forward to following this review, I've always wanted to do a full season but due to other commitments I've never and probably will never manage it.

This should prove an interesting read :p:lol:

using your womanly wiles to get a break from the landlord:lol:
If you've got it, use it:D

really need to get round to writing some more of this! try do a couple in the next few days, I've actually been finding it quite therapeutic for my Ibiza blues!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

... I know so many people from my first season
who ended up getting arrested for living with drug dealers
or who had all of their things stolen ...

... Three of us had job trials arranged for the evening
but after a few two many getting to know you vodkas this went out of the window.
We decided to sack off our job trials and hit the west end! ...
:p 8) :twisted:

sorry real work and life has gotten in the way, will try and knock some more out this week before my memory fades forever!

sorry to hijack the thread but I thought I recognized you from last year!! heres some pics lol :
321682_218727934850104_336913068_n.jpg

313412_218728078183423_1819080447_n.jpg

313727_218729161516648_1332610925_n.jpg

303687_218729521516612_1327953208_n.jpg

Don't no if you remember us? we drank every night at Ok corral, I'm the one with black hair that was always a right mess! I remember when I found out about Rick, after drinking there for the last five years it was horrible!!

hijacking is fine! yes I do remember you guys! We had lots of groups of people like yourselves who probably drank there for years (a few managed to find me this year when I worked other bars too and came to say hello!) but you still tend to remember groups who come in every night!

Yeah it was horrible when I found out the news about Rick, the west end just isnt the same without ok corral being owned by him, I hardly spent any time there this year because of it!

Mr previous year in Ibiza I had worked at a bar called the Ok Corral for an absolutely amazing English gentleman called Rick, which for those of you who ever frequented the OK will know is really not an overstatement. Rick made me feel like family, and well the OK was most definitely home. When I checked my facebook that night I had a message off Rick's son to tell me that sadly he had passed away earlier that day. My stomach dropped, I heaved and I'm not ashamed to say I burst into tears. From utter ecstacy to utter heartbreak in the space of a few seconds. As I lay in bed that night, now unable to sleep I thought about many things. Ibiza to me had seemed like a fairytale land before this, not somewhere that someone could die, or really where you could even grow old. A neverneverland almost, (and if you meet some of my older pr friends they would insist this is actually true!). I thought about the stories Rick had told me, of his first few years in Ibiza, how they had changed his life, and how eventually they had made Ibiza his life. He brought up his family there, ran his business for over 30 years and was surrounded by his lifelong friends. It made me more determined than ever to make this season in Ibiza amazing. To live it to its full potential and do the things that truly made me happy – meet incredible people from all walks of life, of all ages; enjoy incredible music and the atmospheres that accompany it; and see more of the beautiful beautiful island. Although I fell asleep incredibly sad that night, I slept content, as I knew Rick was now at rest and also that the difference he had on my life after that first season I worked would be remembered forever.

(Tried to insert some pics but wouldnt let me :( )

He sounds like an amazing special person. Reading that brought a tear to my eye. Must have been such a hard time for you :( x

He sounds like an amazing special person. Reading that brought a tear to my eye. Must have been such a hard time for you :( x

It was but I knew he had been sick and in a lot of pain for a long time. So I was glad that he was at rest. I will have the good memories anyway, the last time I saw him on the day I left in 2011 was nice. He gave me the obligatory two kisses and a big hug, told me I was late for board game night and told me to help myself to anything behind the bar that I wanted. A few hours later he pulled me aside and asked me if I would come back the following year and work with him all season. I took that as a great compliment and still do.

Back