21-07 - 05-08 what's wrong with ibiza?

interferance

ok i'm 19 years old my first to ibiza was last year the last week in august i went for a week i've been listening to electronic music since the age of 12 and since than i wanted to go to ibiza so last year was truly a dream come true and despite my knowledge that ibiza is not what it used to be i can say that last year i had the best 7 days of my life so i repeated it this year with the same friends went to mostly the same parties i went to last year and for 15 days hoping i'd have the time of my life again but instead i had a biiiiiiig disapointment i went to 13 parties so i can't review all of them ( maybe later) but i will say what they all had in common

21/07 Armada @ amnesia
22/07 Meganite @ privellege
23/07 be @ space
24/07 People from ibiza/made in italy @ amnesia
26/07 espuma @ amnesia
27/07 cocoon @ amnesia
28/07 Carl cox @ space
29/07 Meganite @ privellege
30/07 cream @ amnesia
01/08 Radio 1 @ privelege
02/08 we love @ space
03/08 cocoon @ amnesia
04/08 armada/carl cox

what made this trip a disappointment was the awfull music and the overcrowdness
armin played the ****tiest sets i've ever heard from him , really enjoyed the first meganite with mauro picotto, be was ok mathew johnson played a terrific set while chris liebing did not deliver , people from ibiza was **** **** music in both rooms with no vibes they were playing some type of house that made me leave at about 3:30 , as for espuma i knew what i was getting into it was just we wanted to see the foam party , then comes 1 of the biggest disappointments of all sven vath! he was playing some wierd techno that felt like the same bass on a loop boring actually joris voorn warmed up for him really good but sven i just felt he wasn't really into it like last year, carl cox was great eith moby they both played really good sets giving me hope again, than came adam beyer @ meganite WTF! privellege was empty by 4! the music was so boring i could hear people talk in the club!! it was the same style sven vath was playing , than came cream i stuck to the terrace as sasha and hernan cattaneo were playing one of the best sets i heard on the trip was from sasha just brilliant , radio 1 well was ok i just went for eric prydz but i knew how was it gonna be , we love james zabiela by surprise went on @ 12:30 played a monster set till 2:30 then came on carl craig and dj hell killing the mood with the same type of bull**** techno sven and adam beyer played so i left , the 2nd cocoon i went because it opened @ 6! i knew sven always wanted to play the terrace + richie hawtin n josh wink were after so i thought this was gonna make up 4 everything instead it nailed the coffin cassy was ok sven had a great run from 10 - 11:30 than the place got PACKED as you can''t move or goi'n from the main room to the terrace is a trip that requires endurance also he started playing **** after 11:30 as for richie hawtin he was the best of the wourst i was just shocked i could feel this year a MASSIVE change from last year's cocoon the dj's were just not into it standing in the booth talking to 10+ people in there with no focus on mixing or track selection i mean WTF ,last day of the trip only reason i went to armada is for markus shulz and he played a terrific set just great than avb came up n played a ****ty set after the few tracks i didn't want to go through another bad set before i left so we went to carl cox where he to end this with a disappointment played an ok set nothing like last week. well finally i just don't know what's wrong the crowd this year was of i couldn't feel the vibe that i felt last year just felt it in very few places and as for the djs i'm just ****ing pissed of because they've become rockstars

good review, honest, and i can see your point if your gonna spend between1/4k on a holiday the last thing you want is a dj playing pure muck in your ears.................
this is gonna be a big year for me in ibiza in terms of make/break. im 31[18 at heart] and been going to ibiza 1/2/3 times every summer and i do lov it but something does not feel right at the min on the island
drink prices/crap drugs/clubs/crowd everybody has been saying something lately and it seems strange

my bro and mate r djs and if im honest im spoilt for good music when they play at clubs here and all round the world ......
i remember 1 night last year the music in the club was piss poor, we said fuk this went back to the villa and i can say i heard the best 16 hour set of music i ever heard in my life..............

i just think the best partys r villa partys[but the best partys should be in the clubs] where your not paying 60 euro in and 400 euro on drink and extras i think we need new blood on the decks who really wanna show the people a good time.... some of the djs nowadays think they r gods and just have to turn up and smile to the crowd................

away in 3 weeks cant wait but something in the back of my head has me worried this year, gonna be 14 ibiza virgins with us this year and i hope after the years of all us saying u gotta go u gotta go
HOPEFUULY IBIZA WILL NOT LET ME/US DOWN:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You only have to read the centre pages of The Daily Star today to see that not everybodys review will apply to oneself :)

I mean why put a dampener on things before you go, and if Diddy wants vids of himself on loop at his private boat party thats entirely up to Diddy and anyway I'm not even gonna be at Diddy's party or even getting an invite so makes no odds to me :D Do you get what I'm saying??

... the dj's were just not into it
standing in the booth talking to 10+ people in there
with no focus on mixing or track selection
i mean WTF ...
that sucks badly, i hate that kind of bull****, too -
most of those suckers, douchebags, "vip"assholes, lame farts, stupid bitches etcpp
should be thrown out of the djbooth !

I've heard this said a couple of times in here and often pondered but now I'm ready to ask... WTF is a douchebag or douche????

some might say its people like you that watch what the DJ is doing all night is what creates the 'rockstar'

of course i don't stand and watch the dj all night but the shock to my ears this year made me check to seeém a few times and since i tried to get into the mood for about 3+ hours track after track just amazed me as how is this the same person i saw last year you just had to check it out but normally i get carried away with the music and don't care who is playing the reason i am saying they are rockstars is the attitude i saw while mixing playing a **** track and the dj believing in himself so much

P.S The bit about you just going for Eric Prydz will make people mistrust your judgement :twisted:
as for eric prydz i know how bad he is it'sjust that i've heard lots of productions from him when i was younger that appealed to me n wanted to see how he spins because i know he doesn't just mix track after track but adds something he was medicore though nothing special the djs that truly impressed me were the ones that did last year james zabiela , sasha , markus shulz great track selection flawless mixing

QUOTE=PQ/belfast;1297703]good review, honest, and i can see your point if your gonna spend between1/4k on a holiday the last thing you want is a dj playing pure muck in your ears.................
this is gonna be a big year for me in ibiza in terms of make/break. im 31[18 at heart] and been going to ibiza 1/2/3 times every summer and i do lov it but something does not feel right at the min on the island
drink prices/crap drugs/clubs/crowd [/QUOTE]

that is true i have been saving this whole year just for these two weeks i was truly in love with ibiza the 1st time i went i was thinking that every summer for the rest of my life will be there , as for the drugs this's another aspect i didn't want to get into but how are they so horrible this year i can even see it on the people's faces there was no love in the air people confused even hostile

:rolleyes:

highly unlikely...

i know i was really excited to see them for the first time but after a killer set from zabiela i was sure that they would both step up their game and play well but they killed the mood completely i could see streets in the dancefloor that night!

Doh .. why didn't I think of Wiki... (Hope nobody remembers my post from the other day) :twisted: Thanks for that , I haven't been using one myself but don't let that make you think I have poor hygiene standards :D

Thats the thing with we love/space on sunday's its such a varied roster generally that someone who plays a different style of house will more than likely chage the vibe when their set starts. A prime example is loads of people whinging benn watt took the vibe right down after woolford one week last year then hearing other people saying the opposite.

I doubt that zabiela/cc/hell's sets would have sounded the same.

I agree with you on the overcrowding, ruins my night.

and please i'm not trying to bum anyone about their holiday i hope everyone has the greatest time evver the main purpose of this review is that i need answers will it always be like this? did i go in a wrong time ?

You only have to read the centre pages of The Daily Star today to see that not everybodys review will apply to oneself :)

ha ha, i was thinking that when i read it earlier.
sorry you had a bad time. i wouldnt be interested in the trance nights anyway but i am planning to go to the cocoon slosing party so i hope its not a let down

sasha and hernan cattaneo were playing one of the best sets i heard on the trip was from sasha just brilliant

Yes! Sasha was immense this night. Was our first night and hadn't been planning to go to cream, made the trip when we realised it would be our only chance to catch Sasha this summer - he didn't disappoint.

we love james zabiela by surprise went on @ 12:30 played a monster set till 2:30 then came on carl craig and dj hell killing the mood with the same type of bull**** techno

Agreed again - Zabiela was awesome! Thought Hell was cool - would have been tough for anyone to keep the energy going after Zabiela's set, but Carl Craig was pretty weak - just didn't seem interested...

cocoon i went because it opened @ 6! i knew sven always wanted to play the terrace + richie hawtin n josh wink were after so i thought this was gonna make up 4 everything instead it nailed the coffin cassy was ok sven had a great run from 10 - 11:30 than the place got PACKED as you can''t move or goi'n from the main room to the terrace is a trip that requires endurance also he started playing **** after 11:30 as for richie hawtin he was the best of the wourst

I didn't actually get in until 1, and it was already rammed, but then just got busier. To be fair though, I loved the crowds. Set up camp in the centre of Terrace dancefloor - it was an incredible sight to turn 360degrees and just see wall-to-wall-to-ceiling rammed with people, all going for it! Can see how it would do your head in if you were trying to go from room-to-room but I was happy in my spot. My favourite night, and Hawtin and Wink take silver and bronze after Sasha in my personal podium of DJ sets..!

Back