21-07 - 05-08 what's wrong with ibiza?

It´s intresting to see how different one can feel about the same sets. I think that Zabiela was good and Hell was pretty weak. CC on the other hand delivered the best set I have heard in a long time. However it has to be mentioned that I´m a big fan of the Detroit guys.

We arrived at Space at 6:30 pm and until 4:30 AM we thought the music had not been very impressive, then CC came on and saved the whole evening. My girlfriend had to drag me out place at 6:25 AM 8)

It´s intresting to see how different one can feel about the same sets.
I think that Zabiela was good and Hell was pretty weak ...
wtf - whom should i believe now ? :lol:

... dj hell killing the mood with the same type of bull**** techno ...

... the WLS party last sunday was just amazing...!!
DJ Hell and Zabiela rocked the **** out of us !
One of my best parties ever ... The mood was amzing! ...

i know i was really excited to see them for the first time but after a killer set from zabiela i was sure that they would both step up their game and play well but they killed the mood completely i could see streets in the dancefloor that night!
Zabiela was great that night, as he always is.
Afterwards you should of just done like me and head to the Terazza where Smokin Jo gave a killer set, which you can actually download from here:
Smokin Jo-Live At Space (Ibiza)-CABLE-02-08-2009

are there any space recordings for carl craig, hell and dixon?

if someone could be so kind? cheers.

OK so has no one else noticed something here!!?

By the sounds of things, you arent a techno fan. Thats fair enough, I find it dull aswell, especially after 8 hours of it.

But the thing is mate, you're entire holiday is at either famous techno nights like Cocoon, Meganite and Made in Italy, otherwise its trance nights with Armin Van Bueren!

You know its trance, you know its gonna get harder deeper in the night. Its not rocket science to realise you're gonna hear techno is it!! What exactly do you expect to hear at a Sven Vath night!!?

You also seem to have exclusively gone to Amnesia and Privelege, with one or two Space nights thrown in.

Honestly, you've picked the wrong clubs AND promotions, and havent seem to have learned your lesson after going along and experiencing exactly the same thing every night!!

Funny really!

If you want to really see what Ibiza is about, dont go to these over-promoted nights. You're complaining about the hangers on and that the clubs were packed, but then you're one of the people contributing to that!!!

Next time why dont you go somewhere a bit left-field, go to Flower Power at Pacha, go to El Divino, go to Underground or something. Go somewhere where you arent expecting miracles each time. You'll be pleasantly suprised.
You are basically hitting all the big over promoted nights that have a quota to fill each week. You're visiting the clubs that are EXACTLY what you get in England, just in different venues.

Open your mind a bit, expand your horizons and instead of following DJs around like sheep, just let your nights go and dont plan it so much

By the sounds of things, you arent a techno fan. Thats fair enough, I find it dull aswell, especially after 8 hours of it.

But the thing is mate, you're entire holiday is at either famous techno nights like Cocoon, Meganite and Made in Italy, otherwise its trance nights with Armin Van Bueren!

You know its trance, you know its gonna get harder deeper in the night. Its not rocket science to realise you're gonna hear techno is it!! What exactly do you expect to hear at a Sven Vath night!!?

You also seem to have exclusively gone to Amnesia and Privelege, with one or two Space nights thrown in.

Honestly, you've picked the wrong clubs AND promotions, and havent seem to have learned your lesson after going along and experiencing exactly the same thing every night!!

Funny really!

If you want to really see what Ibiza is about, dont go to these over-promoted nights. You're complaining about the hangers on and that the clubs were packed, but then you're one of the people contributing to that!!!

Next time why dont you go somewhere a bit left-field, go to Flower Power at Pacha, go to El Divino, go to Underground or something. Go somewhere where you arent expecting miracles each time. You'll be pleasantly suprised.
You are basically hitting all the big over promoted nights that have a quota to fill each week. You're visiting the clubs that are EXACTLY what you get in England, just in different venues.

Open your mind a bit, expand your horizons and instead of following DJs around like sheep, just let your nights go and dont plan it so much

^^ someone speaks sense

Funny really!

dude did you not read my post i went to the same parties last year and i enjoyed my self and how do you assume i don't like techno i enjoyed my self at the first meganite when mauro picotto played a wicked set and next time went to see adam beyer which didn't deliver as for cocoon it was one of the greatest parties i have ever been to i heard the sickest tunes that night (last year) but you didn't read i guess that the music that night not the entire genre of techno was crap i went to pacha last year and i'm and didn't enjoy it very much and since when can people listen to one genre i like every edm genre and i do not follow djs around like sheep it's the type of music i want to hear that night

Last edited by a moderator:
Zabiela was great that night, as he always is.
Afterwards you should of just done like me and head to the Terazza where Smokin Jo gave a killer set, which you can actually download from here:
Smokin Jo-Live At Space (Ibiza)-CABLE-02-08-2009

I caught the beginning of Smokin Jo before heading in for Zabiela - she was brilliant as usual. Didn't realise she was still going when he finished or I would have been back to the Terazza. Instead I took a well-earned half hour in the Premier Etage yellow tube, to put myself back together after the battering Zabiela dished out!

Cheers for the download link :D

dude did you not read my post i went to the same parties last year and i enjoyed my self and how do you assume i don't like techno i enjoyed my self at the first meganite when mauro picotto played a wicked set and next time went to see adam beyer which didn't deliver as for cocoon it was one of the greatest parties i have ever been to i heard the sickest tunes that night (last year) but you didn't read i guess that the music that night not the entire genre of techno was crap i went to pacha last year and i'm and didn't enjoy it very much and since when can people listen to one genre i like every edm genre and i do not follow djs around like sheep it's the type of music i want to hear that night

I was thinking the same as toms, maybe your taste has changed -I know mine does every year. Not knowing you it might have been a coinsidence that you didn't enjoy Pacha (as it sounds as you "should") and the oposite for Cocoon. You can't possibly expect Sven not to play weird techno stuff!

I saw Eric Prydz in 07 the same night as Steve Lawler and actually he was good and did a tech house set... although obviously Steve was better than Eric 8)

I saw Eric Prydz in 07 the same night as Steve Lawler and actually he was good and did a tech house set... although obviously Steve was better than Eric 8)

I've seen Prydz a few times and he's quality! Fair enough to each their own but I can't understand why some people don't rate him.

I was thinking the same as toms, maybe your taste has changed -I know mine does every year. Not knowing you it might have been a coinsidence that you didn't enjoy Pacha (as it sounds as you "should") and the oposite for Cocoon. You can't possibly expect Sven not to play weird techno stuff!

maybe i misused a term i assure you my musical taste is nothing like pacha and i listen to techno a lot i even went to meganite and really enjoyed it i was waiting for cocoon sven's set last year was great this year i just didn't feel it i'm not talking only about mixing which was ok good flow but nothing special no surprises, as for track selection imo it wasn't that gr8 and i know the music it's self changes every couple of months but 80% of the tracks he played weren't that great but joris voorn was before him and he played a great set so all i am saying is i listen to techno!!! i have for years now my first time in ibiza i loved every techno set this time i didn't, not because my taste has changed but because imo they played **** i would like anyone who attended either mondays to tell me what he thought

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen Prydz a few times and he's quality! Fair enough to each their own but I can't understand why some people don't rate him.

Because in general he is sh** lol

Why do people profess that 'honestly they love Techno' all the time like it automatically makes them more sophisticated or cool as a person??

Ibiza's music changes ALL the time!

Its never the same year after year. The same as the London clubs playing amazing upbeat funky house music before and in the last 3 years playing bloody electro and going into minimal (every ****ing club started playing this:rolleyes:)

I first went to Ibiza in 1998 twice and it played more cheesy *pop* house, i went back in about 2002 i think and it played AMAZING music, MY kid of music, funky bouncy house. Then went in 2005 and its mainly electro/dirty house.

Every year it will change as we all change, some people will be happy, others not so.

Im very pissed off that the vocal bouncy house has more or less disappeared, apart from hed kandi, for the last 3 years now. It ruined my clubbing nights going to electro/minimal nights and all those happy faces who would normally smile and chat ****, now have their heads down and stomp. The drugs have also changed alot and are now ****....
BUT it all comes in round abouts. Funk seems to be coming back a bit more and i think next year it will be happier music in London and Beefa (praying!) and eventually people will stop buying so many pills and someone will start supplying good stuff, even if more money.
They WILL get people willing to pay more for good stuff so why no-one makes good stuff anymore i do not know!

Anyway, so yes, people will love or hate, it changes..there are loads of people who would love that music you hated and loads who hate it to.

I sound old school but i still think the days of happy house music were the busiest and best and you met more people, BUT the new clubbers now who love the electro would disagree:lol:

Ibiza's music changes ALL the time!

Its never the same year after year. The same as the London clubs playing amazing upbeat funky house music before and in the last 3 years playing bloody electro and going into minimal (every ****ing club started playing this:rolleyes:)

I first went to Ibiza in 1998 twice and it played more cheesy *pop* house, i went back in about 2002 i think and it played AMAZING music, MY kid of music, funky bouncy house. Then went in 2005 and its mainly electro/dirty house.

Every year it will change as we all change, some people will be happy, others not so.

Im very pissed off that the vocal bouncy house has more or less disappeared, apart from hed kandi, for the last 3 years now. It ruined my clubbing nights going to electro/minimal nights and all those happy faces who would normally smile and chat ****, now have their heads down and stomp. The drugs have also changed alot and are now ****....
BUT it all comes in round abouts. Funk seems to be coming back a bit more and i think next year it will be happier music in London and Beefa (praying!) and eventually people will stop buying so many pills and someone will start supplying good stuff, even if more money.
They WILL get people willing to pay more for good stuff so why no-one makes good stuff anymore i do not know!

Anyway, so yes, people will love or hate, it changes..there are loads of people who would love that music you hated and loads who hate it to.

I sound old school but i still think the days of happy house music were the busiest and best and you met more people, BUT the new clubbers now who love the electro would disagree:lol:

I went in 2002 and, agree, the music was quality. "Love Will Set You Free" by Starchaser, "The Theme" by Jurgen Vries, "Tic Toc" by Flea. Probably the best holiday, music wise, I have had in Ibee.

you`re absolutely right about the big dj`s popstars thing.i hate those aholes for thinking they are rockstars. they only play records, man. and not even their own ones mostly. especially true for sven vath, he bacame a lame idiot. here in germany he`s even yelling in the microphone like a clown. what do those guys think they are?

Back