2023 Flights

Hey guys, allow me to open a new topic here. Is there anyone flyng this year to ibiza?
I notice that the flights, this year, are very expensive. I don't know if i sould wait or dont to buy nright now, they may be inflated or there is a lot of demand.
About 2x more expensive than last year..
Think the answer is to be flexible and do a load of searches at regular intervals. Also accept that flights will be more expensive than we're used to, basically the argument is that they've been artificially cheap for too long.

One thing I've looked at is a split-flight (say from the UK to Barcelona or Madrid) and then a domestic one from there - maybe using Vuelling. Skyscanner allow you to have changes so prices can be compared.

A lot of people do break the journey. I‘ve got some people stopping over at mine in May before heading over. Dunno if it works out cheaper flightwise, but there are worse places to take a detour

Afternoon all, a group of us are travelling on the 2nd June to the 5th June. I have been looking at flights and there doesn't seem to be the usual choice of early flights from Easyjet and Ryanair out of the London airports.
The flights that are available seem to be mentally expensive (over £300). I assumed that they hadn't released their schedules yet, but their usually out by now aren't they?

Anyone got any idea whats going on?

Thanks all
Luke
Hey Luke,

Hws a goin mate? Im also going on the same dates from stansted. I booked single tickets which is worth 50£ each 😁

btw, Im a solo traveler. How about if join you guys? Im not a boring person i must assure you. 🤙

Hey Luke,

Hws a goin mate? Im also going on the same dates from stansted. I booked single tickets which is worth 50£ each 😁

btw, Im a solo traveler. How about if join you guys? Im not a boring person i must assure you. 🤙
Hi Moazam, thanks for the message, you would have been absolutely welcome to join us but we ended up moving the trip to the 12th - 16th June as the flights were sensibly priced for those dates. Next time though!

Hi Moazam, thanks for the message, you would have been absolutely welcome to join us but we ended up moving the trip to the 12th - 16th June as the flights were sensibly priced for those dates. Next time though!
No worries, mate... Thanks for offering. :)

I will pay 480 € for 2 adults Lisbon-Ibiza end of June. Booked it 6 weeks ago and were the cheapest that we got. Low cost was more expensive because of the luggage. Could fly to Barcelona but would miss one entire day 🤷🏻‍♀️

Hi everyone - got a trip planned for the end of June but haven't sorted flights yet. Is there much point in holding off in the hope that current prices from London magically drop or should I just swallow the pill now and pay about £400?

Hi everyone - got a trip planned for the end of June but haven't sorted flights yet. Is there much point in holding off in the hope that current prices from London magically drop or should I just swallow the pill now and pay about £400?
What airport are you looking to fly from?
Skyscanner is showing some really cheap flights for June from Stansted.
BA flights from Gatwick are pretty reasonable as well.

What airport are you looking to fly from?
Skyscanner is showing some really cheap flights for June from Stansted.
BA flights from Gatwick are pretty reasonable as well.
Stansted actually, had another look and you’re right there are some cheap flights especially if you fly out earlier in the week

My view is prices wont drop much, I think people are just desperate for a holiday abroad after 3 distrupted years and so far it seems the public are throwing money at holidays regardless of the cost of living crisis.

There will always be the odd last minute bargain for the odd spare seat as always but I'm not getting my hopes up.

anyone flying easyjet, their app has been shit over the last week. If the app crashes, you might have to turn up at apt early and get yr pass there. They have however enhanced their onboard menus and now provide jacket hooks.

anyone flying easyjet, their app has been shit over the last week. If the app crashes, you might have to turn up at apt early and get yr pass there. They have however enhanced their onboard menus and now provide jacket hooks.
As long as it's not the plane!

Thanks for the heads-up, always a good idea to screenshot your ticket when you check-in and also take a paper copy just in case the phone fails your battery's low or, as my old phone did, suddenly decide to do 326 android updates as I reached the end of the queue :mad:.

The easyjet app does allow you to track your journey on-board, but it's actually a bit crap, and if you use the google maps app off-line the blue dot tracks your journey (but not your luggage...).

Although if you look out of the window and it's just grey underneath, you're over Britain.

As long as it's not the plane!

Thanks for the heads-up, always a good idea to screenshot your ticket when you check-in and also take a paper copy just in case the phone fails your battery's low or, as my old phone did, suddenly decide to do 326 android updates as I reached the end of the queue :mad:.

The easyjet app does allow you to track your journey on-board, but it's actually a bit crap, and if you use the google maps app off-line the blue dot tracks your journey (but not your luggage...).

Although if you look out of the window and it's just grey underneath, you're over Britain.

if travelling alone, i just sign up to loads of newsletters i can read offline. any distraction from the hell of my immediate surroundings

if travelling alone, i just sign up to loads of newsletters i can read offline. any distraction from the hell of my immediate surroundings
I buy cheap second hand books off ebay and ditch them; one for the way out, one for the way back. If the flight's a bit boisterous, I hide under noise-cancelling 'phones! Helps if I'm sat as close to the front as possible (on Ryanair) so all the fun is behind me, out of the way.

I buy cheap second hand books off ebay and ditch them; one for the way out, one for the way back. If the flight's a bit boisterous, I hide under noise-cancelling 'phones! Helps if I'm sat as close to the front as possible (on Ryanair) so all the fun is behind me, out of the way.

Always best to fly in the morning when people are still comatose.. personally i think cabin crews should just be able to taser anyone who causes grief

Always best to fly in the morning when people are still comatose.. personally i think cabin crews should just be able to taser anyone who causes grief
Yes, I try for morning flights but even then the stag/hen do's have been at it since 4am. It would cost the airports money, but I'd ban the sale of booze (bars and duty free) until, say, 3pm, so at least morning flights should be peaceful.

When I left Guernsey last week, I noted there was no request for me to remove my liquids from my suitcase. They have a scanner which detects liquids inside your bag, so although everything has still to be put on a tray, and you have to stay within 100ml limits, it does save a little time faffing around and the queues go quicker.

Hopefully Ibiza can install these machines shortly, and one day we might be able to walk through, be scanned at the same time, without having to use trays. Maybe they could do that instead of passport control one day when they are able to use biometrics (iris/fingerprints) to check us out? Still think, even without passport, we'd have to stand at a machine that scans us rather than the system of cameras down a corridor. So how much time would be saved?

Anyhow, here's the report of Guernsey's new gizmo. Hope that becomes the norm!

Back