2023 Flights

Lukamatroid

Afternoon all, a group of us are travelling on the 2nd June to the 5th June. I have been looking at flights and there doesn't seem to be the usual choice of early flights from Easyjet and Ryanair out of the London airports.
The flights that are available seem to be mentally expensive (over £300). I assumed that they hadn't released their schedules yet, but their usually out by now aren't they?

Anyone got any idea whats going on?

Thanks all
Luke

Afternoon all, a group of us are travelling on the 2nd June to the 5th June. I have been looking at flights and there doesn't seem to be the usual choice of early flights from Easyjet and Ryanair out of the London airports.
The flights that are available seem to be mentally expensive (over £300). I assumed that they hadn't released their schedules yet, but their usually out by now aren't they?

Anyone got any idea whats going on?

Thanks all
Luke

Have you tried searching on Skyscanner? Sometimes setting departure airport as 'United Kingdom' uncovers some different options.

Ryanair stopped Ibiza flights from several airports last year. I wonder what the chance of the Prestwick route being reinstated this year is? :evil:

Where are you leaving from?

Start here: https://www.google.com/travel/flights

I see quite a bit leaving London on those dates.
Fairly easy which London (ish) airport leaving from, but the flights on google are the same as skyscanner. Every year there is a flight around 7 in the morning from Stansted. Doesn't seem to have come out this year. The flights that are available seem to be double the price of previous years. £330 for a flight is not far off what I will be paying to go to New York in April!

Fairly easy which London (ish) airport leaving from, but the flights on google are the same as skyscanner. Every year there is a flight around 7 in the morning from Stansted. Doesn't seem to have come out this year. The flights that are available seem to be double the price of previous years. £330 for a flight is not far off what I will be paying to go to New York in April!
Not surprised. London to NYC is one of the most traveled air route in the world. Airlines scaled back flights out of STN during the pandemic. You'll probably have to switch airports if you want cheaper airfare.

Last edited:
Not surprised. London to NYC is one of the most traveled air route in the world. Airlines scaled back flights out of STN during the pandemic. You'll probably have to switch airports if you want cheaper airfare.
The price is one thing, but they don't seem to have released the full schedules of flights. There is always an early morning flight out of Stansted. I flew on it last year. It was about £180pp last year in peak (Mid August) season. So I'd be very surprised if it was £330 this your in early June. I assume there will be more flights announced, but am surprised its this late.

Finally! so sick of wearing them on the bus and plane
On the other hand, locals on buses now have the prospect of looking at my face again. Three years on from last time....:eek:

Still required in pharmacies and medical institutions though??

Masks FINALLY no longer mandatory on Spanish trains and planes as of today. Vueling and Iberia were pretty strict there till the end.

Three years never happened. It was all a dream.

Was in Valencia last week and it was odd to have security reminding people to put masks on on the train, in Britain Downing Streets famous parties feel a long time ago now :)

Okay, that's Sept/Oct booked. I think I've done OK, 2 flights with all the trimmings in front row seats, £248, one night Maritimo £95, 6 nts Voramor on Formentera £662, one nt Royal Plaza £88 and the flights are during the day and not stupid o'clock. had budgeted for £1300 so that's a couple of hundred saved, might treat myself to airport lounges with the saving!!

Okay, that's Sept/Oct booked. I think I've done OK, 2 flights with all the trimmings in front row seats, £248, one night Maritimo £95, 6 nts Voramor on Formentera £662, one nt Royal Plaza £88 and the flights are during the day and not stupid o'clock. had budgeted for £1300 so that's a couple of hundred saved, might treat myself to airport lounges with the saving!!
I was looking at airport lounges on the jet2 website birmingham as im going ibiza in september.
Is it worth 30 or 40 quid a head for a couple of hours in a lounge.
Ive never done an airport lounge ill be honest.
Im just wondering is it worth it..F4665F3F-6D08-433C-BBF9-DF8E9DFE9F69.jpeg

I was looking at airport lounges on the jet2 website birmingham as im going ibiza in september.
Im just wondering is it worth it..View attachment 15464
Did the Aspire Lounge last year and I think it’s worth it. Unlimited food and drink. You’re looking at £10? For a breakfast and a pint on its own. It has to be said, we did make the most of the unlimited drink 🙂

Im just wondering is it worth it..View attachment 15464
I found it was definitely worth it last year on my July trip when the airport was absolute carnage due to all the flight delays and cancellations. I did make the most of the free booze and it was a nice place to hide away.

I found it was definitely worth it last year on my July trip when the airport was absolute carnage due to all the flight delays and cancellations. I did make the most of the free booze and it was a nice place to hide away.
As Im rarely strict with myself or organised for that matter, I nearly always spend at least 30 notes each time I enter any airport departure area.200w.gif

I think for around £30-35 it's worth it. Free food, drink and a quiet area, outside it's £7-ish for a wine (two = £14) and even a meal deal is something like £5.50 for a grotty sandwich, crisps you don't want and a coke; or long queues at the restaurants, and a decent meal in the lounge means I'm not hungry for food on the plane (£5-£10) so looking at it that way, yeah, just about worth it.

The negative is if the lounge is full, or you get held up in by security/bag checkin (I don't require x-in) then unless you arrive ridiculously early you are starting to lose time, and probably need fast-track at a fiver (Manchester).

So plusses and minuses. Suppose off-peak and early in the day would be fine.

Before Covid there used to be a lounge @ Ibiza, never used it, is it still there and if so can anyone recommend it? One of my flights is something like 4-5pm so it could kill some time between leaving the hotel and the flight!

One ballache is if you have "priority" cos of carry-on bags on the flight, you are called to the gate early and have to stand on the stairs endlessly while they faff around sorting the plane out. Even worse when the beer means you need a wee!! Sometimes over half an hour (yes, Ryanair, I'm looking at you) which could be spent in the lounge!! But it does get the plane away on time.

I think for around £30-35 it's worth it. Free food, drink and a quiet area, outside it's £7-ish for a wine (two = £14) and even a meal deal is something like £5.50 for a grotty sandwich, crisps you don't want and a coke; or long queues at the restaurants, and a decent meal in the lounge means I'm not hungry for food on the plane (£5-£10) so looking at it that way, yeah, just about worth it.

The negative is if the lounge is full, or you get held up in by security/bag checkin (I don't require x-in) then unless you arrive ridiculously early you are starting to lose time, and probably need fast-track at a fiver (Manchester).

Before Covid there used to be a lounge @ Ibiza, never used it, is it still there and if so can anyone recommend it? One of my flights is something like 4-5pm so it could kill some time between leaving the hotel and the flight!

One ballache is if you have "priority" cos of carry-on bags on the flight, you are called to the gate early and have to stand on the stairs endlessly while they faff around sorting the plane out. Even worse when the beer means you need a wee!! Sometimes over half an hour (yes, Ryanair, I'm looking at you) which could be spent in the lounge!! But it does get the plane away on time.
Just because you have priority boarding, doesn't mean you have to use it- can still get on the plane dead last if you want to. Additional weeing time.

After my last Ryanair experience I'm swerving them now. Corporate vermin. Why in 2023 are people still expected to pay hundreds to be treated like shit and often sit in other people's too? TAP on the other hand the other week was lovely, clean plane, space for your legs, decent staff and somewhere to put your magazine etc.

Back