1st time in ibiza - nationalities

Q

queensunny

hey you ibiza pros.
first time in ibiza in the next summer season...being a german i def. dont wanna bump into any other germans...is ibiza devided into nationalities, like the beach strips in el arenal, mallorca for example? where do they go? or is it just one big fat meltin pot?

I'd say it's a mixture, unless you want to sample some typically British delights where you can find the classier Brits in San Antonio.

cheers

great, thanks for the quick reply. where r u located at? good place? nice weather?

I found that the majority of germans tend to go to Playa Den Bossa or Santa Eulalia.

hmmm classy brits in san an, thats a tough one......and by this I naturally am just referring to the lagerl outs not the "normal" guys and girlies!

ruth said:
I found that the majority of germans tend to go to Playa Den Bossa or Santa Eulalia.

so no denbossa and santa e. i guess. thanks for the tip.....whats so bad about posh english? or just stupid posh birds there?

you will find many nationalities in ibiza.

English
German
Dutch
Swedes
Italians
French
Australian
Canadian
American
Spanish of course
etc
etc

because it is a small island you will bump into fellow germans no matter where you go.

Thank you for forgetting Belgians .. mister moderator :)

Robo said:

English
German
Dutch
Swedes
Italians
French
Australian
Canadian
American
Spanish of course
etc
etc

because it is a small island you will bump into fellow germans no matter where you go.

Robo said:

English
German
Dutch
Swedes
Italians
French
Australian
Canadian
American
Spanish of course
etc
etc

I guess us half breeds dont belong...... :(

J/K!

queensunny said:
hey you ibiza pros.
first time in ibiza in the next summer season...being a german i def. dont wanna bump into any other germans...is ibiza devided into nationalities, like the beach strips in el arenal, mallorca for example? where do they go? or is it just one big fat meltin pot?

QS:

This year was my first time in Ibiza. I was visiting on the island for two weeks, and I stayed in SA. It was my opinion that SA was predominantly British (90%+). Between the two major spots (SA and surrounding area and Eivissa and surrounding area) I would say that the tourist population consists of 50% of people from the UK, 30%-35% from The Fatherland :lol: :lol: , 10% from Spain, and the rest from all over.

Very few of us Americans, and hardly anyone from the Far East was there.

As far as Germans are concerned, what I found most amusing was that wherever I saw the Warsteiner (a great beer by the way) sign, there was a 90% probability that the joint was operated by Germans. In addition, almost 75% of the customers in those joints were Germans.

Cheers,

LagunaBeachCA

Agreed Laguna...

I didn't meet one other American the whole time I was there.

Lots of everything else though.

Didnt get out there this year, but the 2 years before that I went i heard quite a few American accents.

Also saw quite a few Canadian flags off balconies etc

Robo said:

English
German
Dutch
Swedes
Italians
French
Australian
Canadian
American
Spanish of course
etc
etc

etc = Israelies ;)

LagunaBeachCA said:
Very few of us Americans, and hardly anyone from the Far East was there.
Thats a shock, i saw Americans almost everywhere, everytime i talk to someone they turn out to be Americans even when i wanted to ask for directions, NY, Cali, Chicago, Frisco, Ditroit, Dallas, i even met people from Austin :) , compared to 2001 where most Americans were from either NY or LA, the Canadians were many this year.
I saw almost all of europe in Ibiza from Irish to Turks. as from the rest of the world people from Brazil, Eygpt, New Zealand, Australia, i met a very cool group of Arabs from Saudi Arabia, i even met two girlies came all the way from Osaka Japan. :D
the only part of ibiza that u will see many of are the Brits in San Antonio. as for the rest of ibiza i wouldnt worry unless u want to play spot the German.

thanks for your guys help. will go there and see for myself....since all of your answers are a little different....expect the brit part in san an.
sunny greetings from a very hot and humid southern malaysia
party on.....not! not here. haha

Ibiza-girlie said:
not that many danes tho, maybe a few hundred thats it. Denmark is clueless as far as Ibiza goes!

I agree with you on that one IG. In fact, I would go so as as saying that not many Scandinavians at all in Ibiza (at least when I was there).

I had heard from my Norwegian customers (these folks were in their mid-upper 40s, and a bit out of touch with present clubbing trends :rolleyes: ) that I would come across a lot of Scandinavians in Ibiza. However, my former college mates from Trondheim told me that Ibiza is not so popular among the Scandinavians (at least among Norwegians) :eek: .

Well they were right. I would meet more Scandinavians walking in Laguna in one day than I met in two weeks in Ibiza :eek: :!:

Cheers,

LagunaBeachCA

this year i was thinking the same way as queensunny
im from poland so didnt really wanted to jump into a bunch of poles,
and i succeeded :D i met only a few during the whole summer
when the germans are concerned though, they are everywhere in playa den bossa, but in san an i haven´t met a lot of them, there´re mainly british people hanging around

Back