1st time in ibiza - nationalities

LagunaBeachCA said:
I had heard from my Norwegian customers (these folks were in their mid-upper 40s, and a bit out of touch with present clubbing trends :rolleyes: ) that I would come across a lot of Scandinavians in Ibiza. However, my former college mates from Trondheim told me that Ibiza is not so popular among the Scandinavians (at least among Norwegians) :eek: .

That's pretty different to places like Alicante on the East coast of Spain. The other day, due to the football match Spain vs Norwey, I saw in the news that the town Alfaz del Pi, with a population of 13,000 inhabitants, has about 5,000 Norwegian residents living there the whole year, apart from British, Germans, etc. It's the town in Spain with the lowest percentage of Spanish population. :p

It's usual that in some places of the province of Alicante there're more residents from the UK, France, Germany or Benelux than Spanish.

yeah, for the older Vikings ;) They had a socalled Ministry there as well, awful place for lagerlouts and the only thingh remotely "ministry´sh " about the place, was the logo on the wall.
I spent XMAS there about 2 years ago, was very nice but sooooo touristy!

dont blame ya i wouldent want to bump inot any germans either whilst im on holiday !!!
anyway most of them are probably putting towels on the sunbeds

and the garlick sausage shop!!! avoid that you will bump into germans there

Frontliners2003 said:
dont blame ya i wouldent want to bump inot any germans either whilst im on holiday !!!

Stereotyping gets you nowhere. I know a few Germans who we meet up with in Ibiza and the last thing they think about is putting out a towel on a sunbed. :rolleyes: They probably think you like San An so you can wear your England football shirt and go on a puke-a-thon down the west end. :rolleyes:

gecko2 said:
Stereotyping gets you nowhere. I know a few Germans who we meet up with in Ibiza and the last thing they think about is putting out a towel on a sunbed. :rolleyes: They probably think you like San An so you can wear your England football shirt and go on a puke-a-thon down the west end. :rolleyes:

isn't your girlfriend german?

;)

gecko2 said:
Frontliners2003 said:

Stereotyping gets you nowhere. I know a few Germans who we meet up with in Ibiza and the last thing they think about is putting out a towel on a sunbed. :rolleyes: They probably think you like San An so you can wear your England football shirt and go on a puke-a-thon down the west end. :rolleyes:[/quote

Agree totally - i'd rather spend my holiday surrounded by germans than the majority of the west end england crowd. I don't agree with bllshit sterotyping at all. I shared a table at Cafe del mar with two German blokes in their fifties this year when it was busy (I'm 6'1 shaven head , 30 , english) and they were extremely groovy. They didnt assume i was a lout and act ignorant - they invited me and my girl to join them. Not many people would do that.

8)

You shouldn't say that Frontliners2003. :rolleyes:

I've also met very nice German people. Don't treat them all this way and generalizing.

haha the one with the germans is quite true, they get up around 6 in the morning, rush towards all the dunbeds and claim them like Napoleon claimed france...ehm...or something like that! :oops:

hey hey

Frontliners2003 said:

hey, we germans arent THAT bad. haha. not even close to how rude israelis in groups can be,..or french....or loud americans complaining about everything....we just occupy the sunbeds. haha. at least we get a tan compard to you white boys from england. :D

Re: hey hey

and thanks to you others saying nice things about germans - for once.
stereotyping is not the nicest thing to do, but its almost always true to a certain degree..so cant blame ya not liking the "typical hawaiishirt wearing old german guys with sandals and white socks" who take away your sunbed spots...jealous or what? haha.

queensunny its good we can all laught of our nationality´s - I mean, in Denmark we always setlle things over beer - or so its said lol :D

I wish the different nationalities in Ibiza would spend less time stereotyping and more time getting to know one another and partying together...

That is my favourite thing about the scene in my beloved Toronto - you make friends with folks from every corner of the globe (I know the fact that everyone speaks English obviously helps a lot).

djcherni said:
I wish the different nationalities in Ibiza would spend less time stereotyping and more time getting to know one another and partying together...

oh come on. its not that bad. as long as we can all laugh at those stereotype things, its all good. cheer up, we dont kill each other, just making fun of each other. except when it comes to soccer....1966 vs the vicechampions of the world...the germans :D

Back