02 Arena - Michael Jackson

puppylover

Would you pay to see his gig?????

I mean its not like its Prince :lol::lol::lol::lol: - Personally, I only ever liked the Jackson 5 - I cant say I have ever enjoyed Michael Jackson as a solo artist - I know I am probably in the minority on this like...:oops:

Would you pay to see his gig?????

I mean its not like its Prince :lol::lol::lol::lol: - Personally, I only ever liked the Jackson 5 - I cant say I have ever enjoyed Michael Jackson as a solo artist - I know I am probably in the minority on this like...:oops:

pay?

i'd walk over glass!!

defo going, 100% - i mean whats a cuddle between music fans?

And me. Althought the guy is now a complete fruit cake, i'm definatley going to try to go. Saw him play at Aintree with the 'Bad' tour. He was immense. The guy is the 'legend' of all legends. Although like i said, completely nutty.

Id probably go if I could get tickets. Bad was the first tape i ever brought but I try to ignore most of the stuff he has done since ;)

Id probably go if I could get tickets. Bad was the first tape i ever brought but I try to ignore most of the stuff he has done since ;)
Thriller was one of my first, if not my first, purchased cassette.

Still the best selling album of all time, if I'm not mistaken.

I'd go, if in London at the time. I agree with all that the show will probably be spectacular 8)
(although, as noted, the guy is mental)

Wow - I really am in the minority arent I :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

To redeem myself - I would go and see a Jacksons Reunuion tho!!! :lol:

Ditto. Apart from a couple of songs of invincible, dangerous and the others, all his best material was pre 'Bad'.

Pl heres a few of the guys milestones c&p'd of wilkey.

Jackson has nine platinum singles in the United States, a record for a male artist during the Billboard Hot 100 era (since 1958).
Jackson's Thriller remained at number one for thirty-seven weeks, the longest stay by a non-soundtrack album to date.[1]
Thriller spent 80 consecutive weeks, more than a year and a half, in the Top 10 of the Billboard 200. It was the first of only three albums to accomplish this feat (along with Alanis Morissette's Jagged Little Pill and Celine Dion's Falling into You).
Thriller is the only album in the United States to have sold more copies than any other in two separate years, topping the sales charts in 1983 and 1984.
Four of Jackson's albums, Bad, Dangerous, HIStory, and Invincible, debuted at number one in the United States.
Jackson was the first artist to have four top-ten singles from one album (Off the Wall).
Jackson was the first artist to have seven Top 10 singles from one album (Thriller).
Jackson was the first artist to simultaneously have the number-one album and number-one single on Billboard's Pop Charts and Black Charts.
Jackson was the first artist in the 1980s to have two simultaneous top-five hits ("Beat It" and "Billie Jean" on April 16, 1983).
Jackson was the first and, to date, only artist to have five number-one hits from one LP, Bad ("Bad", "The Way You Make Me Feel", "Man in the Mirror", "I Just Can't Stop Loving You", and "Dirty Diana").
Jackson had nine number ones in the 1980s, more than any other artist during the decade.
Jackson was the first artist to have a song debut as high as #5 on the Hot 100 ("Scream" in 1995).
Jackson was the first artist to ever have a song debut at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 ("You Are Not Alone").[1]
Jackson's album Bad remained in the top five of the Billboard 200 for thirty-eight weeks, longer than any other album to date.
Jackson has had thirteen number-one singles on Billboard's Hot 100 singles charts, more than any other solo male artist in the Hot 100 era (since 1958).
Jackson had 29 top ten hits on the Billboard Hot 100, more than any other solo male artist in the Hot 100 era (since 1958).
Jackson had 37 top 40 hits on the Hot 100.

:eek: Now can you see what all the fuss is about :lol:

The guy could write, he was amazing live, and boy could he dance. He had it all. Including a fettish for children unfortunately :x

The thing is I did like him - but how can he ever be what he was??! Surely this tour could end up being a flop. I cant see how he can recreate the Billie Jean days :confused:

Saw him many moons ago before he went totally barmy (think it was just post release of Bad) and he was awesome, totally amazing show with some seriously cool moves from him and great singing 8). Wouldn't pay to go now, I must admit.

When are tickets on sale and how much will they be?

I'd quite like to go, not gonna pay silly amounts for him though :rolleyes:

Dunno Becs - its in The Scum today that "allegedly" he flew in for talks with the 02 guys so nothing concrete yet...

Back