02 Arena - Michael Jackson

Bad was the first tape i ever brought

i wish it was the 1st tape i ever bought.... would make me a whole lot younger!
i think micheal jackson is a legend.... he's frikked up.... but still a musical legend...
i would defo go if he ever played oz....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hang on Emma let me look into my crystal ball of gigs.

Oh I see a white man in a mask dancing around with a young boy and monkey

Looks sh1t to me! Save your money. :lol:

Seriously if you can get a ticket go. Probably be around 60 or 70 squid.

It will be a spectacular show and no expense spared. Won't be x-factor though!:lol:

half the reason of buying a ticket would be to see if it all turns pete tong......:lol:

i'd pay to see a Michel Jackson car crash :lol: Just to say you were there !! 8)

Seriously though Emma, I cant see him going nuts around the stage like he used to, he is over 50 after all. And he'd probably fall apart :eek: But you can bet, he'll play all the classics, and theres loads of them. And if he puts on a half decent performance then it'd be amazing to whitness.

I think maybe he was before your time hey Em's ;)

Apologies for taking so long to reply... when I read the title I fainted like a fan circa 1984.

42-17323975.jpg

J

Hang on Emma let me look into my crystal ball of gigs.

Oh I see a white man in a mask dancing around with a young boy and monkey

Looks sh1t to me! Save your money. :lol:

Seriously if you can get a ticket go. Probably be around 60 or 70 squid.

It will be a spectacular show and no expense spared. Won't be x-factor though!:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I just find it hard to get my head around him being what he was like if you see what I mean. I mean wasnt his last performance diabolical?

I wish he could go back to what he was like, but cant quite see it. Be intrigued to find out :lol:

A friend of mine saw Tina Turner last night (changing the subject) and said she was AMAZING. Gave her 20 year old dancers a run for their money :lol:

i'd pay to see a Michel Jackson car crash :lol: Just to say you were there !! 8)

Seriously though Emma, I cant see him going nuts around the stage like he used to, he is over 50 after all. And he'd probably fall apart :eek: But you can bet, he'll play all the classics, and theres loads of them. And if he puts on a half decent performance then it'd be amazing to whitness.

I may have been a baby when his old old stuff was out but I still remember it ;):lol::lol:

I would suspect he'll be in a rocking chair a la Val Doonican (lets face it he's always seen in a wheelchair these days) :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Will he be able to sing properly through a scarf/bhurka/surgical mask I wonder? :?:?:confused:

Equally excited here...I'm a mahoosive fan.

I reeeeeally wanted to go to Wembley for the Bad tour in '88 but sadly didn't and have watched the bootleg version about a million times.

That tour was a truly era defining moment.

So I'll kill for a ticket.

Will it be any cop? Who knows and who cares frankly. I just want to tick the MJ box.

But more to the point, how the FUKC are we going to get tickets? He's not even doing a run of shows in the states. The entire world is going to want to get their mits on these.

(worried)

Equally excited here...I'm a mahoosive fan.

I reeeeeally wanted to go to Wembley for the Bad tour in '88 but sadly didn't and have watched the bootleg version about a million times.

That tour was a truly era defining moment.

So I'll kill for a ticket.

Will it be any cop? Who knows and who cares frankly. I just want to tick the MJ box.

But more to the point, how the FUKC are we going to get tickets? He's not even doing a run of shows in the states. The entire world is going to want to get their mits on these.

(worried)

if its true to form, o2 customers will get first dibs!

Honestly when i think about it i think it would be a waste of money going to see him now. I am a fan (mostly of al his early stuff) but i just think he's a wierdo now. the last performance i seen of him on the tele he was covering his face the whole time and mumbling down the mic.

this gig is going to cost £100 to see i reckon and i just don't see the point in forking out that amount of money to see someone who is waaaaaay past it.

If he wasn't all ****ed up in the head then i would definitely go.

J

"OH MY GOD. IT IS SO SPECIAL TO BE HERE TONIGHT. GOOD EVENING [pauses to remember location] LONDON ENGLAND. I LOVE YOU ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART. YOU SUPPORTED ME THROUGH ALL THE PAIN AND ALL THE SUFFERING AND THE HEARTACHE OF THE CRUEL THINGS THEY SAID. I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH. YOU ARE ALL BEAUTFUL PEOPLE WITH BEAUTIFUL HEARTS. YOU ARE THE PEOPLE WHO KEPT ME GOING. THANK YOU AGAIN LONDON ENGLAND. AND THANK YOU GOD. I AM DEDICATING THIS NEXT SONG TO ALL THE CHILDREN OF THIS FANTASTIC CITY..." [repeat to fade]

I would love to be more enthusiastic but the reality is

it will be TERRIBLE

had someone asked me in 1987, I would've been there like a shot - everything he did until and including BAD was brilliant dance-funk-soul-pop which in certain instances (billie jean, thriller, i want you back, don't stop till) will never be bettered.

HOWEVER

he is now middle-aged = he can't do the great dance moves anymore. His recent output is geared to a more urban [zzzzz] sound. The saccharine puke quotient will be high. The crowd will be crawling with HEARTFM competition winners and their kids (and grandkids). The venue is spiritcrushingly soulless. (*shudders remembering Prince last year*) In fact, trully execrable. Worse possibly even than wemb arena. The kind of place with whooping crowds who make the audience on ITV's Gladiators seem restrained. And I suppose the worst part is that I would probably spend the entire duration praying for Jarvis Cocker to come out and disrupt the bombastic, chunder-inducing ego-carnival that the show would inevitably be.

I would love to see the old Jacko - but let's face FACTS:

he's gone. finished. FIN. FINITO.

This is all about one desperate final pay cheque to keep the bailiffs away and will be as embarrassing to watch as anyone in the las vegas knacker's yard.

avoid. :arrow:

Ya but, you know Olly, people could have said the same thing about Prince before his 21-night stand.

But the reality was, it was a friggin' amazing show.

ah yes, the purple one

Well, I went to his final gig, I think it was late Sept 2007. it was a mate's birthday and he kindly splashed out for 4 of us. However, despite that, I reserve the right to say exactly what I think

Basically, Prince galloped through all his big hits, performing loads of medleys, so you would get a minute of alphabet street here, a bit of when doves cry there, a snippet of cream... :eek: I was livid as they were the tunes I wanted to hear in extended full glory!!! And then you would get six minutes of say purple rain - always a really dreary tune - but it did get the housewives in the crowd waving their (official) purple glowsticks in unison.

There's no denying he has 5hitloads of talent and is a great performer but it was just a bit lame as a spectacle hearing some of your fave tunes reduced to a naff megamix just so he could squeeze them all in.

A lot of bona fide Prince fans told me they loved it and nobody agreed with me but I dunno, I also didn't like the venue and the fact it was horribly cold and corporate

The Inigo room is better, more intimate but ultimately, the docklands is not for me. No live venue in London can touch Brixton Ac.

Ya, uh, ok.... I'm not a big Prince fan, or a housewife... but for a neutral, it was a friggin' amazing show.

However, I agree that the O2 lacks a little something as a venue. And the no camera rule was stupid.

ah yes, the purple one

Well, I went to his final gig, I think it was late Sept 2007. it was a mate's birthday and he kindly splashed out for 4 of us. However, despite that, I reserve the right to say exactly what I think

Basically, Prince galloped through all his big hits, performing loads of medleys, so you would get a minute of alphabet street here, a bit of when doves cry there, a snippet of cream... :eek: I was livid as they were the tunes I wanted to hear in extended full glory!!! And then you would get six minutes of say purple rain - always a really dreary tune - but it did get the housewives in the crowd waving their (official) purple glowsticks in unison.

There's no denying he has 5hitloads of talent and is a great performer but it was just a bit lame as a spectacle hearing some of your fave tunes reduced to a naff megamix just so he could squeeze them all in.

A lot of bona fide Prince fans told me they loved it and nobody agreed with me but I dunno, I also didn't like the venue and the fact it was horribly cold and corporate

The Inigo room is better, more intimate but ultimately, the docklands is not for me. No live venue in London can touch Brixton Ac.

Loved the MJ quote! :lol: So true.

However, the Prince gig at the O2 ranks as one of the best gigs I've ever done in my life (if not THE). I was there on the opening night and felt that he made the O2 feel intimate (if that were ever possible)...it might also be worth noting that I generally hate these big arenas too. I also went twice and found the second show to be just as great.

Yes InidigO2 is fantastic and much better in some ways (I saw Prince do an aftershow there) but it's just a different experience altogether. I thought both venues complimented each other really well.

...and you always moan about everything so felt the need to set the record straight. :lol:

Back to Michael however...

It's going to be the same old tired formula isn't it? Billie Jean *brings out hat...throws hat & does moonwalk followed by twirl and balancing on balls of feet*

Off The wall, is 1 of my fav albumns ever!
I'd guess i'd go!
It is however a gratuitous glorified pay day!
Cant blame him though!

Back