Weekend Plans

Finish packing my suitcase, head over to birmingham early, watch the joshua fight. Head to the blackbox for Nina Kraviz!

@elmooreo how did you get on in Manchester last week, any good?

Yes thanks mate it was textbook! Everything went to plan, ended up having a few in dry bar before WHP…liked it n there good mix of music, nice array of beers and no clamouring for the bar! WHP was good but it was completely rammo so hard to find a good spot and kept losing two of my mates who had gone deeper on swedgers. Overall though music was good. Train home was full of casualties! But I was tucked up in my own bed by 9am so you can't really argue with that!

Yes thanks mate it was textbook! Everything went to plan, ended up having a few in dry bar before WHP…liked it n there good mix of music, nice array of beers and no clamouring for the bar! WHP was good but it was completely rammo so hard to find a good spot and kept losing two of my mates who had gone deeper on swedgers. Overall though music was good. Train home was full of casualties! But I was tucked up in my own bed by 9am so you can't really argue with that!
Dry Bar 6mins52

Hangover from hell today after works Christmas party from 4pm yesterday till very late. Going to Istanbul on Monday for 2nts with work. .not feeling it now. .o_O

I'm well game for checking-out Liverpool at some point in the near future. Unfortunately it doesn't have the same gravitas as Manchester in my neck of the woods.

Say "Manchester" and you get a tonne of interest. Suggest "Liverpool" and somebody'll pipe-up "I like Manchester".

Just one of those thing I guess. Trends, and all. I have no doubt that a night-out in Liverpool would rival one in Manchester. It's just convincing everybody that this will be the case![/QUOTE]
I agree. Most are 1.5 hrs. Few are 2hrs. Some are shorter. They'd be better off cutting 1 or 2 acts from their line-up.

I'm well game for checking-out Liverpool at some point in the near future. Unfortunately it doesn't have the same gravitas as Manchester in my neck of the woods.

Say "Manchester" and you get a tonne of interest. Suggest "Liverpool" and somebody'll pipe-up "I like Manchester".

Just one of those thing I guess. Trends, and all. I have no doubt that a night-out in Liverpool would rival one in Manchester. It's just convincing everybody that this will be the case!

Liverpool = Circus is always a winner.

Imo though Digbeth in Brum is one of the most happening scenes in the country.

I finally made it out of the house at the weekend!! Wooooo! :D Been proper suffering a bout of cabin fever. Climbing the walls doesn't even begin to describing.

Made it as far as Greenwich and broke my elrow virginity at 338. Loved it! Perfect combination that venue + that promoter. Arrived soon after 8pm and stayed until the end. I remained sober throughout.

Personally the music wasn't really to my taste. But the overall spectacle more than made-up for it.
Dusky disappointed me - seen them much better previously. Waze & Odyssey played harder than I thought. Thought there style was more the garage-y sounding, R&B vocal sample shit. Best set was probably De La Swing B2B Rob James. They played Four Tet's 'Opus' remix and of course the majority of ppl on the terrace hadn't seen the Amnesia closing vid and all sat-down! :spank:

Some ppl get really vocal when you don't participate!! haha.

I finally made it out of the house at the weekend!! Wooooo! :D Been proper suffering a bout of cabin fever. Climbing the walls doesn't even begin to describing.

Made it as far as Greenwich and broke my elrow virginity at 338. Loved it! Perfect combination that venue + that promoter. Arrived soon after 8pm and stayed until the end. I remained sober throughout.

Personally the music wasn't really to my taste. But the overall spectacle more than made-up for it.
Dusky disappointed me - seen them much better previously. Waze & Odyssey played harder than I thought. Thought there style was more the garage-y sounding, R&B vocal sample shit.

Good to see report on here of this. Studio338 is a wicked venue,
Only been once but their 'door selection' policy that is unpublished has put me off going back especially as it's a fair old slog for me. Saw a few reports at the weekend at people being turned away, because they had previously attended Abode @ Studio338 which sounded weird? Was the majority in fancy dress ? Or usual London trendies ?

W&O are decent. That track probably hasn't helped them with that image, but that said they did it a long time ago as bit of fun to end a set and it just got picked up. But seen them a few times and always enjoyed their sets

Good to see report on here of this. Studio338 is a wicked venue,
Only been once but their 'door selection' policy that is unpublished has put me off going back especially as it's a fair old slog for me. Saw a few reports at the weekend at people being turned away, because they had previously attended Abode @ Studio338 which sounded weird? Was the majority in fancy dress ? Or usual London trendies

From what i saw the girl on the door asked everybody a question in regards to elrow. She asked me & my friend if we had been to an elrow party before. We answered honestly, and it wasn't a problem.

The group immediately in front of us - of about 5 - were asked to come back in a bit, but that was because one of their party was a little worse-for-wear.

Didn't see anybody get turned away other than that, but one of our friends who we met inside said she saw loads of ppl getting turned away early doors because they thought "elrow" was a DJ :lol:

If that's the only criteria for turning ppl away, then it's a bit harsh! (i suspect they oversold btw) but does goes to show ppl jump on events purely through their rep without really knowing what they're about.

I'd say about 25-30% in fancy dress. Which i think is a pretty good turnout (for London). Hard to tell, though, as they were handing out props, merch all night. I'd def do fancy dress next time around.

Thought the crowd was pretty okay. Saw a few instances of others being over zealous. Aggressive would be the wrong word. But certainly not considerate of their fellow clubbers. Overall though the crowd seemed up for it.

I really like the venue. But as you say, it's unfair to travel that distance knowing there's a chance you can be turned away for an unspecified reason.

I'm yet to have an amaziiiiiing night there, but I think they have a good selection of parties on rotation. The location, too, is a bit of a ball. No real parking (unless you risk a parking ticket or willing to pay extortionate price for o2/TfL parking or are only poppin' in for a few hours & dont mind a 10min walk). Tube isn't any more convenient (for somebody travelling from outside London). The event space itself is truly great though, and unlimited potential in regards to decor and production. I would like to see an open-air option for the summer months, particular day parties. I know they have renovation plans for January. Would be good if this could be incorporated. It's not residential, so I can't see noise being an issue.

Joseph Capriati at Village Underground tonight - woohoo!

Enjoy! Shame about the early finish (4am). It's about time fabric stuck Capriati in their main room for an all nighter.

Hopefully the success of this night might convince them to do just that!

Yeah it does seem a bit of a random closing time. Tickets were a nightmare to get, seems like techno is incredibly popular in London at the mo!

Not much chance of tickets for that hitting the resale queue! Scum bags on the RA thread trying to sell theirs for £50 too...

Back