Weekend Plans

a bit late, last weekend i happened upon London so went to Tribal Sessions...loved the sets and music. However, the crowd were a bit ahem (in terms of there seemed to be a lot of people that looked like they wanted a fight). The door staff were abslutely the worst.most aggresive i have ever encountered. For that reason i wont return to Fire (despite a quality club and tunes)

Ugh. I quite like Fire/Lightbox and never had problems with door staff, in fact I would say they are very tolerant of 'antics' shame to hear this has changed - what was the difference?

Regretting choosing Magna Carta for NYD now :-(

a bit late, last weekend i happened upon London so went to Tribal Sessions...loved the sets and music. However, the crowd were a bit ahem (in terms of there seemed to be a lot of people that looked like they wanted a fight). The door staff were abslutely the worst.most aggresive i have ever encountered. For that reason i wont return to Fire (despite a quality club and tunes)

Funny you should say this. Miguel Campbell was having a right rant on twitter a few weeks ago about the doorstaff. Wasn't really clear what his actual gripe was, but reading between the lines some friends of his were denied entrance and man-handled.

Ugh. I quite like Fire/Lightbox and never had problems with door staff, in fact I would say they are very tolerant of 'antics' shame to hear this has changed - what was the difference?

I've not been for a while to be fair, but on previous experience I agree with the above. Always found the doorstaff firm but fair. Disappointing if this has changed.

Fri: Gym then get a few hours of work out the way before a slightly extended weekend begins.

Sat: Head up to London (where I've put of listening to the Floating Points EM for this journey.) Dinner with friends whilst sinking a few then hit fabric up for the RPR session. (for me musically it doesn't get any better and on that system too!!)

Sun: Either rest up for a few hours then on to Toi Toi or just carry on to Toi Toi from fabric - will very much depend on our state of mind.

Mon: Dust off that jaded feel then head up to the Sky Garden for a late lunch. Then head back to Bristol late evening.

quiet weekend planned here, despite there being a lot of parties going on this weekend. monday and tuesday are public holidays in spain so it's a proper long weekend. weather forecast is great (up to 20°C) which means lots of hiking and such and maybe even swimming!! :)

the whp sets are not long enough. this seems to have been the case all year i think....

and, @white_isle_calling if you think that manc is a breath of fresh air compared to london, then liverpool would be a hurricane of fresh air!

the whp sets are not long enough.

I agree. Most are 1.5 hrs. Few are 2hrs. Some are shorter. They'd be better off cutting 1 or 2 acts from their line-up.

But that aside, they are still great parties.

if you think that manc is a breath of fresh air compared to london, then liverpool would be a hurricane of fresh air!

I'm well game for checking-out Liverpool at some point in the near future. Unfortunately it doesn't have the same gravitas as Manchester in my neck of the woods.

Say "Manchester" and you get a tonne of interest. Suggest "Liverpool" and somebody'll pipe-up "I like Manchester".

Just one of those thing I guess. Trends, and all. I have no doubt that a night-out in Liverpool would rival one in Manchester. It's just convincing everybody that this will be the case!

the whp sets are not long enough. this seems to have been the case all year i think....

I thought the same when I saw it. huge artists and you'd want to get more than 90mins out of them really. that's the problem with festivals or festival like events nowadays.

Yeah 1.5 hrs Capriati not the done thing really and he was the prime reason i wanted to go. Oh well...
Anyone that knows Manchester out there able to suggest a cool bar to get warmed up in before?

Dry bar on Oldham street for a bit of factory records throwback style history. Was in here a few weeks ago, good mixed crowd, music mixed but usually somewhere to sit. I always used to go here pre hacienda.

Deeper into the NQ, I like
- Blackdog Ballroom
- Odd
- Apotheca
All are near each other but Google for directions from Piccadilly Station.

If you want some pre club fodder then Dough for pizza pasta or This & That for a cheap curry.

I been to all the above a fair few times.

Yes diver I knew you'd sort me out! Hero, thanks mate!
No problem man
I'm off this weekend but over in Wales at the mo. Just about to crack open the mahou and vina sol.
If I was about I would have met you for a pint. I can feel a London trip coming on soon, similar thing to you are doing, train - bars- club - train - die

and, @white_isle_calling if you think that manc is a breath of fresh air compared to london, then liverpool would be a hurricane of fresh air!
Manchester is close to us so we go regularly and it's good but one more is right, liverpool is also great for clubbing. Shamefully haven't attend any of your nights but the lads in liverpool certainly put on good parties, the crowds at proper nights are good. The city is also great for drinking, especially for group of lads, manchester is a pain in groups where as the scouse bouncer are good until you misbehave.

In Dublin at the mo.. Doorly is playing across from where we're staying. ..is he worth checking

Back