Weekend Plans

Last night was 'mad Friday' here, I'm sure across the country this has its local variations of annual tw*ts who don't get out often and use this as an excuse to be an a$$hole...it's usually the one night of year I definitely stay at home, can't be doing with the hassle! However this year the announcement of Steve Lawler and his party descending on my little home town and I was sat at the laptop waiting for tickets as soon as they went on sale (with the caveat to my friends that we were not pub crawling beforehand to avoid the 'mad uns')!!
Our night started off with some pre-party drinks and snacks at my place before heading to ONE pub, arrived at said pub and amongst some of the other patrons came across an angel with a wing missing and halo very definitely broken, a bunch of Xmas jumper wearing office folks who'd been on it since lunchtime o_O being particularly rowdy in the corner and the obligatory passed out drunk Santa hogging a couple of seats (I'm pretty sure he'd either puked or pissed on himself too, a rather dubious telltale stain!) :eek: so it was a very quick couple of vodkas and then off to hit the club - we arrived early doors but having seen the local warm up DJs before we knew we would be in for a treat, again they didn't disappoint! Have been to this club a few times before and it's usually a younger crowd (20-30s) but last night was a perfect mix of ages, slightly more on the older side if I'm honest :), don't get me wrong I'm not ageist but it does irritate me when you hear "I don't even know who Lawler is" from a gaggle of birds in the loo :spank: and while I'm on that subject WTF is it with these girls who wear 4-5" heels to a club and spend more time in the loo bitching about sore feet....its flats every single time for me!! :D Back to the music - hands down an absolutely brilliant night! One of the best pre-Christmas nights out ever and with London for a couple of nights over new year coming up this has set the tone nicely!
Today I'm a bit fragile, haven't ventured outside yet but my patient dogs have waited all day so I'm about to attempt to drag my achey self off the sofa and head out with them, the biggest dilemma I now face is which takeaway establishment shall I call on to get me through the evening...?!!
Merry Christmas to you all when it comes around :):)

Ollie how was dublin. .
It was great, found a new favourite pub in the deer head up by Parnell square and fibber magees over the road. The Mrs was shocked at the hospitality despite being full of nutters in the deer head we watched the boxing with some locals at night after betting on horses with the day time lads to it was genuinely class. Did a few tourist pubs and were not inspired at all, found the market bar was lovely and full of Irish on the Sunday after walking to hogans but was closed. So headed up to the brazen for the Sunday music session again hardly any tourists just great Irish and Gaelic music started off with the Irish rover which is a big song for me personally growing up in an Irish family :cool:
I'm back in April for my brothers stag do 1-3 so that's my Ibiza trip off the cards I spent a thousand euros all in for the weekend :D

Was also shocked how many locals bought us drinks but refused a drink back! Nowhere better for friendliness on the planet in Dublin in my opinion which knowing my dad who grew up there all kind of makes sense.

Pick of the bunch ! Should be lots of fun that. If I hadn't promised myself into a long drive tomorrow I'd seriously have considered nipping up for it !
I meant to ask if you fancied it but with it being Christmas I wasn't sure if you'd be available. I really shouldn't be going but my Mrs understands my love for the papa if it was anyone else it would not have authorised lol.
By the way we are going to awakenings at Manchester 6th Feb if you fancy a blow out the line up is unbelievable and it's Chris's birthday so we are all making an appearance and taking the Monday off to recover :-D

Enjoy! Shame about the early finish (4am). It's about time fabric stuck Capriati in their main room for an all nighter.

Hopefully the success of this night might convince them to do just that!

Right - I had a great night - but typically "overdid it", so had a good dance, but was also chatting rubbish with my mate a fair bit in the smoking area.....find this tends to happen, music I remember being good....

Not exactly the weekend but New Years Eve going to see Krankbrother at the Steelyard near Cannon Street station.. never been there before so looking foward to seeing what it has to offer !

Staying in my folks for the night looking after a few puppies while there away. He makes the best sloe gin from the finest irish poiton that taste as good as any cherry vodka or whatever pass as sloe gin this time of year. 80%not to be f#cked with. .
20151230_003710.jpg :eek:

Back