Warehouse project 2013

Thanks for that, and I'll definitely give you a shout if/when I move up. Was a bit of a blur last time at bugged out! :confused:

Thanks for that, and I'll definitely give you a shout if/when I move up. Was a bit of a blur last time at bugged out! :confused:
no probs.:cool:

as for warehouse project; we had a brilliant time in manchester last weekend, really glad we did both nights as was totally different experience/ atmosphere each night.

friday: smooth sailing to manchester on the train, over to our digs, managed tio get everyone ready to go & jumped taxi's over to WHP for 9:30...couple of the guys didnt have tickets, talked a couple touts down from £100 to £80 for 2, mates were happy enough with that, basically paid a £5 more than us to get in.

as for the queues..we got in no probs in under 15mins..was very surprised...and so our night began! (i had the benefit of having being in the new venue over the rest so i just kinda ended up leading people around, trying to keep everyone together (pretty hard when there was 9 of us, people going for drinks/toilet/fag breaks...more or less maanged it for the early parts of the night (spent a good while at horse meat disco in room 2 (good...but i wish they would just play to their strengths..classic disco/italo disco, otherwise they just blend in with a million other non descript djs doing the rounds) rob da bank...playing early 90's rap (made me feel 14 as i recited all the words to cypress hill:cool:, hot chip, i really enjoyed, first time i'd seen them, bit of aeroplane, bit of toddla t..after that group kinda got split...place was jammed packed for Chic in the main room, few of our crowd weren't too keen on the lack of space/dancing room..didnt stick it out for the whole set & left early..not sure what they expected as was bound to be really busy...anyway, Chic, were f***ing immense!:cool::cool:..3rd time i've seen them (rockness/glastonbury) and they were so much better in a small hall like WHP, band sounded amazing, great production, had the balloons gettign dropped on the crowd etc...was just big tune, after big tune...you cant argue with those classics!...easily the best live show i've seen this year.

After Chic finished, was always going to be a bit of anti-climax, 2manydjs came on...played ok set, but the place was quickly emptying, waited about 35mins in cloakroom, then 35mins in taxi queue. (crowd on the friday i'd say was mainly late 20s+..good mix of guys/girls.

saturday:
eventually talked everyone into going back to WHP, some of our group weren't that impressed with the place (too little space, hassle of getting out to the smoking area (basically old clubbers moaning about shit they'd never have moaned about when they were 23!...see arches / pressure scenario above!:lol:) and were talkign of giving it a miss (plus they had been on it / not stopped sicne getting back to the digs after friday night)...but anyway, off we all set in taxis...trouble was it was pissing down with rain..get over to whp for about 9:45...to find a massive queue...now we must have got really lucky the night before, coupled with people turning up early to see thom yorke who was djing at 10:15...but queue turned out to be major pain in the arse...caught in the pissing rain, freezing..waited over an hour, then had hassle with police:eek: but everyone eventually got in.

floating points was on in room 2, which was our main meeting point, gathered the troops and of we set to catch last 15mins of thom yorke and get set for madlib who people wanted to see...crowd was so different from night before, mainly under 30, mainly guys, lot quieter, a good few thinking themselves too cool for school types.....for example one of these guys started going on to my female friend at the bar about how 'she wasn't techno':spank:..i wasn't there at this point to question this tossers own techno credentials, no doubt he knew all the UR back catalogue:rolleyes: but anyway, back to room 2...so much space , plenty of dancing room, and we proceeeded to have a fantastic night (in truth, a much more enjoyable overall night than the friday, people had got to grips with the venue layout, just wasn't as hectic a night, and could relax and enjoy it a lot more..

joy orbison, superb, then ben ufo b2b pearson sound...just great, set us up nicely for goign through to catch Daphni, who didnt disappoint...loved it, stuck around for some of the four tet b2b stuff, but we bailed out a bit early to beat taxi queues before heading back to a party afterwards...

overall..i had a great time, great laugh with our gang as usual, but not sure we will be all back at WHP in the future (pretty sure most of the rest wont be)..depends on lineups i suppose, and / if new WHP venue in manchester happens

The whp q'in situation has been stressing me out. To hear u didn't wait long has made me feel 10 x better. The thought of standing outside for 60min+ was giving me headache. Hopefully we have some of your luck. Roll on Friday!!! Xx

The whp q'in situation has been stressing me out. To hear u didn't wait long has made me feel 10 x better. The thought of standing outside for 60min+ was giving me headache. Hopefully we have some of your luck. Roll on Friday!!! Xx

I'd call over an hour on the Saturday a long time queuing. :lol:

Oh no, really?....... We're heading up on Friday for Annie Mac. We wanna try and be there for 9 so hopefully not too bad then x

Oh no, really?....... We're heading up on Friday for Annie Mac. We wanna try and be there for 9 so hopefully not too bad then x
If you are there for 9, you will get in pretty swiftly i think (although that may depend on the set times & who may be playing at 9:30-10pm)

we were unlucky i think on the saturday night as people had turned up to catch thom yorke , hence the long q (well my take on it anyway)

I’m heading up to the Bugged out event on Friday 6th December (not been before and really looking forward to it!).

I hate queuing and will avoid it if possible but then again, I don’t want to be getting in there at 7:30pm! I was thinking of getting there for about 9pm.

Does that sound like a good time to get there? Any advice would be great! :)

i think they have been releasing set times for some of the events so you may be able to plan it abit better

Thanks for the info! I think our night might be sold out so I might try and get in there a touch earlier.

How was your night?

Ours was sold out too. The q was massive but went down quickly. It was really busy inside to begin with. The q for the loo was an hour long!!! But everything settled down after about an hour and we ended up having a great night. Hope u have a good 1 xx

Law enforcement free drug testing can only be encouraged surely

what u rkn Ric??:p

Last edited:
There aren't that many that I'm as excited for as previous years but for me the one that stands out is the RA takeover on 1st November -

RICARDO VILLALOBOS
NINA KRAVIZ
HESSLE AUDIO:
BEN UFO
B2B
PEARSON SOUND
B2B
PANGAEA
JOY ORBISON
RYAN KEELING
ROOM 2
JACKMASTER
3HRS
MOODYMANN
3HRS
UNDERGROUND PARIS
3HRS
KRYSKO & GREG LORD
TICKETS ON SALE Friday 10AM

(sorry I know you weren't asking me but I just thought I'd give my 2c)

Back