Warehouse project 2013

I fell into that trap last year. I turned up at 10.40pm (!!) and still wasn't allowed in despite having tickets.

'fraid this outfit continues to get a big thumbs down from me. If you have tickets you should be allowed in, end of. If they are overselling tickets to the point they wind up turning people away before News at Ten has finished and it's safe to leave the house to start your evening, then boycott it. Bad enough turning people away during Newsnight FFS. Any nightclub which tells me I have to arrive before midnight (or even 1am) can take a hike. Come to think of it, I may have said that before :p.

Plenty of other mugs willing to dance to their tune so let them all get on with it. Save your money and go spend it somewhere that doesn't act like a blooming glorified school disco.... full of those 'pink pills'.

Has the goings on at WHP had a wider effect on UK club security? Just wondering... (not been clubbing in UK for yonks).

'fraid this outfit continues to get a big thumbs down from me. If you have tickets you should be allowed in, end of. If they are overselling tickets to the point they wind up turning people away before News at Ten has finished and it's safe to leave the house to start your evening, then boycott it. Bad enough turning people away during Newsnight FFS. Any nightclub which tells me I have to arrive before midnight (or even 1am) can take a hike. Come to think of it, I may have said that before :p.

Plenty of other mugs willing to dance to their tune so let them all get on with it. Save your money and go spend it somewhere that doesn't act like a blooming glorified school disco.... full of those 'pink pills'.
i get your view.

im actually of the view thats its good to get people into the club and everyone to be enjoying it from early doors.

you are spending £35 on a ticket to get in...so i dont see the point in rocking up for only a couple hrs...plus (and here is my selfish point) i dont drink, so i'd be as well in the club dancing as waiting on my pals to drink up in the pub before we FINALLY get over to the venue.

more dancing time gets my vote. (but i'd still be democratic enough to say people with a ticket should be able to enter the event at any time though)

Has the goings on at WHP had a wider effect on UK club security? Just wondering... (not been clubbing in UK for yonks).
i dont think so..

im not being cold hearted, but lets face it, these things happen ...im gutted for the guy/his friends/family etc, but until drugs are legalised and quality control can be assured, then this will happen from time to time

Off to see Annie Mac n friends on 8th nov. Not done WHP before. Really looking forward to it tho. Anyone else goin? x
t1nab,have a great night, & i'd be interested to read your review once you get back from your first WHP trip.

despite a lot of bad press for me the warehouse project is a great venue / space for dance music and i've certainly always enjoyed going...enough to make the trip down from scotland worthwhile anyway.

I've already got tickets for the Bugged Out night on Dec 6th so going to give it a chance, they do seem to be much less relaxed than at Store St though which I think is shit. I think it's just being awkward. We're going to have a job even getting to Manchester with enough time to get in before they shut up shop, and that's not how I like to do a night out. Would much rather pre-party or go out and have a few drinks before heading to a club, I normally wouldn't even think about going into a club that's open til 5am til at least 11pm.

Will go to LIMBO at South nightclub if we're late, but I'll be fuming if their door policy means we miss another WHP night.

I've already got tickets for the Bugged Out night on Dec 6th so going to give it a chance, they do seem to be much less relaxed than at Store St though which I think is shit. I think it's just being awkward. We're going to have a job even getting to Manchester with enough time to get in before they shut up shop, and that's not how I like to do a night out. Would much rather pre-party or go out and have a few drinks before heading to a club, I normally wouldn't even think about going into a club that's open til 5am til at least 11pm.

Will go to LIMBO at South nightclub if we're late, but I'll be fuming if their door policy means we miss another WHP night.
the early entry time does prove challenging for those travelling to manchester. next friday im leaving straight from work, my train isn't scheduled to get into manchester til 8:30pm...so hopefully it wont be late, as once in manc need to head to where we are staying, drop off bags / changed, go meet people, then to WHP...its not the most relaxed start to a night.

i think the problem with the security at WHP...they are playing for big stakes...lot of money involved/invested..big spotlight on the place...continual bad press & the police / council start getting twitchy...no matter how big a windfall for manchester the techno tourists bring in.

A lot of non-Manc people will struggle to get over in time to have a proper relaxed time of it. If they adhere to a 5am closing that's a bit shyte too. At least with a 6am closing, by the time you get to a station there are usually some trains running reasonably soon after to get back home. Unless there's a decent after-party a la Jaded (London) of old, the last thing I'd want to do is have to go scrape 4 hours' sleep in a Manchester hotel room (more frittered ££££ too ...) before taking on a painful journey home likely still feeling rubbish. If it was anything more than a reasonable night out somewhere hot & sweaty that's one thing but travelling a long way for what's on offer as an overall experience (DJs being only one aspect) doesn't hold much appeal. Handy for the local Manc market, but somewhere to go out of your way to experience I have doubts. For all the hype it strikes me as being successful mainly on account of a dire lack of alternatives in the city. Doesn't strike me as a place I think will be looked back on as one of UK's all time greats in all honesty. Making an effort to get to certain events in Leeds strikes me as a much better bet !

TM78 - does this venue offer anything that The Arches doesn't (other than a later closing time)? From what I've read about WHP, I can't see why any Glasgow person would travel there when they have The Arches on their doorstep.

t1nab,have a great night, & i'd be interested to read your review once you get back from your first WHP trip.

despite a lot of bad press for me the warehouse project is a great venue / space for dance music and i've certainly always enjoyed going...enough to make the trip down from scotland worthwhile anyway.

Really looking forward to it. WHP has had a lot of bad press this time round. To me, a good night is being in good company, with like minded people n great music. If this is what WHP can offer then I know I'll have a great time. Doesn't bother me about getting there early. I like to start the party as early as poss!! Haha xx

Does anyone have any advice for us. Can't decide wether to get in the que nice and early or risk turning up just before 11? X

A lot of non-Manc people will struggle to get over in time to have a proper relaxed time of it. If they adhere to a 5am closing that's a bit shyte too. At least with a 6am closing, by the time you get to a station there are usually some trains running reasonably soon after to get back home. Unless there's a decent after-party a la Jaded (London) of old, the last thing I'd want to do is have to go scrape 4 hours' sleep in a Manchester hotel room (more frittered ££££ too ...) before taking on a painful journey home likely still feeling rubbish. If it was anything more than a reasonable night out somewhere hot & sweaty that's one thing but travelling a long way for what's on offer as an overall experience (DJs being only one aspect) doesn't hold much appeal. Handy for the local Manc market, but somewhere to go out of your way to experience I have doubts. For all the hype it strikes me as being successful mainly on account of a dire lack of alternatives in the city. Doesn't strike me as a place I think will be looked back on as one of UK's all time greats in all honesty. Making an effort to get to certain events in Leeds strikes me as a much better bet !
Last couple times we've been to WHP, we have got train down on the friday night, visited a couple bars then went to WHP , afterwards got first train back at 6:30am so no hotel costs. train back wasn't too bad:lol:

TM78 - does this venue offer anything that The Arches doesn't (other than a later closing time)? From what I've read about WHP, I can't see why any Glasgow person would travel there when they have The Arches on their doorstep.
store street...was a poundland version of The Arches, wouldnt make the effort to go down for that again,, the new venue is a lot better, that plus the lineups / change of scene from doing the usual sub club / arches routine makes it a decent option for us...plus the main hall in the new WHP offers a lot more space for live acts / bigger productions/lighting etc...no chance Chic for example could play the arches.

Does anyone have any advice for us. Can't decide wether to get in the que nice and early or risk turning up just before 11? X
last entry time is 10:30 for every night...so unless your really lucky / can talk nicely to them on the door your taking a big chance....i think worse case, 10pm to be in the q, even then that might be pushing it.

f***ing ticket curfew at 1030pm :/ load of bollocks. Find somewhere else sheep. That's if you can find somewhere in Manc.

f***ing ticket curfew at 1030pm :/ load of bollocks. Find somewhere else sheep. That's if you can find somewhere in Manc.
'sheep' indeed:spank:... rein it in chief..if you dont like the rules at WHP fair enough (& i didnt say i did either) but me & my mates aren't sheep for going along with it when we are only down on a one off weekender trip to manchester anyway.

i'm sure if clubs i went to in glasgow started a similar 10:30 curfew we'd move on to something else pretty fast as well, but i wouldn't be slinging about names for what other people wish to do, what nights they go too, what djs/live acts they wish to see.

(well bar trance...because that is shit:p:D)

PLUR:cool:

'sheep' indeed:spank:... rein it in chief..if you dont like the rules at WHP fair enough (& i didnt say i did either) but me & my mates aren't sheep for going along with it when we are only down on a one off weekender trip to manchester anyway.

i'm sure if clubs i went to in glasgow started a similar 10:30 curfew we'd move on to something else pretty fast as well, but i wouldn't be slinging about names for what other people wish to do, what nights they go too, what djs/live acts they wish to see.

(well bar trance...because that is shit:p:D)

PLUR:cool:

Fair enough dude. I should have chosen my word better and maybe not after a bottle of wine:oops:. Apologies. Hope you get there on time and are not side tracked by Manchester's other offerings :eek:.

Deepseadiver. Cheers should be a great weekend irrespective of WHP anyway with the group of people we've got going on this trip, were all up for it

Back