Warehouse project 2013

'sheep' indeed:spank:... rein it in chief..if you dont like the rules at WHP fair enough (& i didnt say i did either) but me & my mates aren't sheep for going along with it when we are only down on a one off weekender trip to manchester anyway.

i'm sure if clubs i went to in glasgow started a similar 10:30 curfew we'd move on to something else pretty fast as well, but i wouldn't be slinging about names for what other people wish to do, what nights they go too, what djs/live acts they wish to see.

(well bar trance...because that is shit:p:D)

PLUR:cool:

I sense no 'PLUR' in that second to last sentence ;)

I sense no 'PLUR' in that second to last sentence ;)
i cant help myself with trance!:lol:
i jest, as i've said on here before i used to go to a lot of trance nights in glasgow due to friends...(inside out, freefall @arches, seen most trance djs /acts at things like EH1, Coloursfest, fantazia, parklife)..music wasn't for me, but always had a good night.:cool:

if your into trance i'd recommend a trip to arches for freefall or the colours promotions....although place will be full of the 'here we f***ing go' crowd ( i hate that more than i hate trance to be fair!)

WHP roadblock. :twisted:.

sheep-herd.jpg

Sheep in Waterford last Sunday and its not even 10pm. Mano le tough seen under the R about to take control.537800_688032834543017_571069041_n.jpg

The Arches was total gash when I went to Glasgow. The Subbie on the other hand was close to a celestial experience

Really? I love The Arches, prob my fave club. Sub Club's okay, but I much prefer different rooms to wander round and to be able to go outside for a smoke (even if I don't normally smoke :spank:).

The Arches was total gash when I went to Glasgow. The Subbie on the other hand was close to a celestial experience
arches is perhaps a youngsters areaa these days...had some of the best night in the place, but these days prefer smaller places, better crowd...sub club fits the bill really...can honestly say i'#ve never had a bad night in the place and have been countless times...best club in the uk i'd say..(although i qualify that by saying a few in london / leeds (mint) i've still to visit

It's my first trip to the Arches this Friday. I'm expecting big things...
i think pressure will be a great night...ben klock is always good when he plays in glasgow & people up here genuinely love the guy...i think it steems from him playing a big after party a wee while back...gets talked about quite a lot as one of the best afters in glasgow for many a year (i stupidly never went!:spank::cry:)

have a great time...i used to go to Pressure a lot, had some fantastic times, seen some amazign djs, and crowd is usually excellent at pressure as well.

(i did go last month though, first time in about 16months...had a good night, but chris liebing doesn't really do much for me so spent most of the time in 2nd arch...heidi b2b with jackmaster was pretty disappointing i'd say...then levon vincent played a very strange set...bizare night!

your right. arches is shit now, only decent night in there was pressure and now thats gone due to the crowd it now attracts. sub club is by far and away the best club in scotland, also probably uk

Pressure was class on Friday. It was wall to wall techno bangers and the crowd was very sound, great atmosphere. Me thinks people have maybe been to one too many events there and have become bored with it? A proper techno lineup will produce a great night, Friday was testament to that.

Pressure was class on Friday. It was wall to wall techno bangers and the crowd was very sound, great atmosphere. Me thinks people have maybe been to one too many events there and have become bored with it? A proper techno lineup will produce a great night, Friday was testament to that.

Glad you enjoyed it! Not been to The Arches for ages, but can say guaranteed goosebumps when you arrive in there and the party's getting started. :twisted:

It's looking more and more likely that I'll have about a year's work just outside of Glasgow starting sometime next year. Keen to check out Sub Club & the Arches.

your right. arches is shit now, only decent night in there was pressure and now thats gone due to the crowd it now attracts. sub club is by far and away the best club in scotland, also probably uk

i dont believe there actually is any issue with the crowd, bar its younger and more females in attendance than was usual.

glad you had a good night..would've been a good first time in the arches event to go too. i certainly heard a lot of positive reports back from the night.

i think a lot of older clubbers are very quick to write off Pressure / the arches now (thats going on people i know / wider friends circle, people that i used to go to arches/pressure with, ...theyve been there, done that & the' crowd is shit now' line is a good excuse for them not to go any more...

i cant help but think of the Smiths - The Queen is Dead.

'has the world changed or have i changed?

It's looking more and more likely that I'll have about a year's work just outside of Glasgow starting sometime next year. Keen to check out Sub Club & the Arches.
i dont think you'll be too disappointed in either places...
sub club is a fantastic place to enjoy dance music..and the arches, when going on the correct night, isn't half bad either!

(sub club does set a very high benchmark in scotland / uk /europe

overall glasgow is an excellent place for dance music of all kinds, for me its one of the best european cities for electronic music, it has a great scene, people who are really into the music/knowledgeable, up for attending nights, and in general folk are very friendly to everyone...you'd be hard pressed not to find a good night to attend every week as outwith sub club, arches you have several other very good venues, which all have their own kind of vibe.

berkeley suite, la cheetah, stereo, make do, 69 below, SWG3, (+ art school is just about to reopen).

couple of good articles recently on glasgow scene which may be of interest:
(and if you do move up here, give me shout..although im getting old, harsh winter approaches so i might not live until next year;):p:lol:)

http://www.redbullmusicacademy.com/magazine/glasgow-clubbing-roundtable

http://www.inthemix.com.au/features...s_clubbing_culture_Amsterdams_grittier_cousin

Back