Veterans...

First year I went was 97. Eden was Kaoos and Extassis had just closed. The catapult in SA was waste ground and where ibiza rocks is now wasn't somewhere you'd stay for a drink lol
Been 9 times altogether. One year I went June and September. Going back this September too. I've been away too long. :)

One of my fave memories was the night we went to Mambos after sunset where Roger Sanchez was doing an hour for a pre club party.
We were sat at a table just outside the door. He came out with a drink after he finished and asked if he could sit with us while his lift came. Genuine nice bloke..

Last edited:
Best dj sets Ive seen I think were as far as I remember lol are...
Paul Oakenfold at the last night of Home at Space or Groove Armada at We Love Space on Sunday on the sun terrace (grandma funk live, magic)...
Good times.

I got this flyer printed on a t shirt...:)
n30DzI7.jpg

W
Best dj sets Ive seen I think were as far as I remember lol are...
Paul Oakenfold at the last night of Home at Space or Groove Armada at We Love Space on Sunday on the sun terrace (grandma funk live, magic)...
Good times.
would that of been 1 of the sets where 1 of them was so smashed he could hardly see the other 1 did nearly the whole set on his own.

My first trip out was as a 16yr old in 1996. My mum had to sign a letter of consent to the travel company!

We stayed in hotel tropical. Top end of the west end. I will never forget getting to San an on the coach at approx 2am. That excitement will never leave me.

We frequented play2 of course. Also managed manumission at ku, a very 90s foam party at the then kaos. I think at xtasis we saw Alex P and Brandon block. I remember renaissance and up yer ronson too I think. Not sure where tho.

Bumper cars on some scrub land next to es paradis. Also a very fond memory of a little cafe bar place called can corsari, Alan and Carl were so friendly to us.

Still going, I'm a very different person now and Ibiza is too. However that magic is still there for me as a 35yr old ageing raver. I'll be there Sept 6th and can't wait!

I've been in May, June, August, September and October. Either with my mum, a boyfriend, my friend or in a group of family and friends (last year with my toddler daughter). Been a mixture of clubbing and non clubbing holidays. First went in 1998, missed out 1999, 2005 and 2012, have been twice a couple of years. Ive stayed in San An, The Bay, Cala Llonga and Santa Eulalia. I've experienced a lot there but wouldn't consider myself a veteran. There's still lots for me to see, do and discover. However I don't feel the same way about the island as I did the first few years.

i was first on the island as a 2 year old and visited it pretty much every third year until i was about 14/15

my first clubbing holiday was 1998 - Hostal Orosol in San An
in total i've done..

1998 - Hostal Orosol, San Antonio
2000 - Del Mar Apts, San Antonio
2001 - Xaloc Apts, San Antonio Bay
2002 - Sol Post Apts, San Antonio Bay
2003 - Xaloc Apts
2004 - Xaloc Apts (i think)
2005 - Bahia Apts, San Antonio
2006 - Playa Sol I, Figueretas
2007 - Bahia Apts
2009 - Playa Sol I
2010 - Playa Sol II, Figueretas
2012 - Ibiza Sun Apts, Playa den Bossa

I wouldn't class myself as a veteran

Oooh this has got me thinking about where I've stayed and when now. Trying to piece it together by remembering who I was on holiday with

1998 - Club Med - PDB (now Grand Palladium) - Free trip with work when I worked for Thomas Cook :)
1999 - Hostal Tarba - San An
2000 - Confort Plaza - San An
2001 - Klippe - San An Bay
2002 - Can't remember name but yellow coloured apartments behind Club Summum in San An Bay
2004 - San Remo - San An Bay
2005 - Luxmar - Figueretas
2005 - Luxmar - Figueretas
2007 - Hotel Llevant - Es Vive
2009 - El Coto - San An
2012 - Jabeque - Es Vive and Sol Bahia - San An
2013 - Hotel Tropical - San An and Jabeque - Es Vive
2014 - Hostal Tarba - San An
2nd trip 2014 - Poseidon 2 - Es Vive

Actually made it to Formentera for the first and only time in 2007.

I do feel really lucky that I got to experience the open air and morning clubbing years and (yes it was better) but I still had my best holiday on the island in 2013 down to the people I was with. I've got mates who don't go anymore but I don't ever see me not wanting to go back. I'm 41 now and reckon I've still got a good few years clubbing left in me yet!! Even if I did ever stop that I'd still want to visit the island as long as I was still breathing. There is still a LOT of stuff on the island that I haven't got round to doing yet.

I'm skipping this year and next....but going for my 40th in 2 years time. Might fit in a few days next year though, just me and my partner. I'll never stop going. But just not as often now.

I notice in that picture that there doesn't seem to be much of a beach round the whole bay, is most of the beach there now artificial?

Back