Veterans...

We Love started really early and the whole point was to be mashed on the terrace all day haha There were a few times I was at We Love on the Sunday and kept going through Sunday and Monday until Manumission then ended up back at Space for the carry on on the Tuesday morning after only crashing out for an hour or two on a sun longer at Kanya or somewhere similar :D

This will be my 12th season in a row. Have seen nights and venues come & go, West End become Uptown with the original Plastik & Hush springing up alongside back then, the awful cheap tacky tourist bars.

I've made many friends on the island & suppose when those who work in the local bars & cafés welcome you with open arms, you know that you're a veteran. The island has changed in that more people are now coming for the commercial side of the island and years of an Ibiza tune arent as prominent these days compared to say 2004 when everyone heard Housetrack, Flashdance etc almost every night!

I'd say the only downside of being a veteran is sometimes you reflect on what clubs were like when you first started coming and how the VIP culture has taken over. For me, Ibiza is still my destination of choice

Still brings back good memories though the worst track for cheese would have to be Eric Prydz Call On Me & to think i liked playing it back then

I remember blagging our way into space..
Said we were late to meet our photographer for a documentary. Said we were being shot in every club on the island and would only be in 20 mins and leave.
2004 we love Sundays @ space..
Groove Armada on the terrace for free
Good times .. ;)

Reactions: ric
Oh, Ollienotts is changing all that - not heard such accomplished and entertaining moaning in years. We were bent over in stitches over his commentary on the walk to d'es Bosc, especially when he turned over on his flip flops for the second time clinging to a rosemary bush :lol:.

I went every year sometimes twice from 97 till 04. Then life stuff happened but now I'm going back the September. I don't know what to expect. Have I changed, has ibiza changed I dunno. All I know that ibiza changed me and I want to go back and after 10 years away ..

I first went in 1989. Cant say im a veteran and not as knowledgeable as a lot of members on here but i know my way around. Vaguely remember going to an open air bar called "Idea" then on to the star club and or Es paradis. Other than that up the west end although i never knew what it was called back then. Sadly no Ku or Amnesia back then.

First visit was in 87 as a 12 year old. Stayed in the zodiac apartments in san an bay. Couldn't get into KU. Sulked. Didn't return till 2008. Returned again in 2010 and 2013. Diminishing returns musically each time - offset however by fact that the music dimension to the holiday isn't as important as it once was (although have soft spot for las dalias) The main thing these days is good people, food, gear and sunsets -and at all costs swerving divs in back to front baseball caps.

i was first on the island as a 2 year old and visited it pretty much every third year until i was about 14/15

my first clubbing holiday was 1998 - Hostal Orosol in San An
in total i've done..

1998 - Hostal Orosol, San Antonio
2000 - Del Mar Apts, San Antonio
2001 - Xaloc Apts, San Antonio Bay
2002 - Sol Post Apts, San Antonio Bay
2003 - Xaloc Apts
2004 - Xaloc Apts (i think)
2005 - Bahia Apts, San Antonio
2006 - Playa Sol I, Figueretas
2007 - Bahia Apts
2009 - Playa Sol I
2010 - Playa Sol II, Figueretas
2012 - Ibiza Sun Apts, Playa den Bossa

I wouldn't class myself as a veteran

i was first on the island as a 2 year old and visited it pretty much every third year until i was about 14/15

my first clubbing holiday was 1998 - Hostal Orosol in San An
in total i've done..

1998 - Hostal Orosol, San Antonio
2000 - Del Mar Apts, San Antonio
2001 - Xaloc Apts, San Antonio Bay
2002 - Sol Post Apts, San Antonio Bay
2003 - Xaloc Apts
2004 - Xaloc Apts (i think)
2005 - Bahia Apts, San Antonio
2006 - Playa Sol I, Figueretas
2007 - Bahia Apts
2009 - Playa Sol I
2010 - Playa Sol II, Figueretas
2012 - Ibiza Sun Apts, Playa den Bossa

I wouldn't class myself as a veteran

I would.

Reactions: ric
Big tunes from my first year were ultra nate, free and gala, freed from desire. 97
The next year was the first year I tried err not alcohol and stardust, music sounds better with you ;) 98

Last edited:
Back