Pacha's 2015 line-up

no not at all - everyone to their own when it comes to tastes. EDM is hugely popular and even though it's not my cuppa, it's obvious there are millions of people in the world right now that love it. fair enough. just the 'future house' term makes me laugh. apparently it only started as a joke made by tchami, but then went viral. I really don't see what's 'future' about that.

Put "Future" on anything and it sells as people think it's fresh. Remember "Future Disco" a few years back.

If Pacha are going down the "Future House" (for one night) route be interesting who they have as a headline (if anyone)....

Never went to Steve Aoki's night, but aren't the crowd supposed to be less than desirable?

Part of the GREAT contradiction of Pacha really isn't it? You have family members talking about the pureness of Pacha, about free love, about how DJs charge too much, how parties should not just be about the DJ, and that its all excess, people just standing around waving phones, and then they may have potentially 4 EDM(ish) nights that completely contradicts what they say! No matter what they say the driver is putting on a headline DJ, filling the club and making profit.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the market and profit. But the contradiction with Pacha is they say something they are against, and then seem to load their club with exactly that!

I personally thought EDM's bubble was about to burst anyway, the more underground sound is getting alot more popular in the UK. Probably because EDM dj's rarely play here like they did 2-3 years ago, just look at clubs like Gatecrasher and the bookings ministry of sound now get. Future house is just EDM geezas wanting to be underground and making up a shitty sub genre.

I dont think the full on 'EDM' sound has ever really got big here personally.I think the big trance dj's with big followings changed their style more than anything. The SHM big gigs they did were about as big as it got i think but kids now in uk are more clued up i think. I truly think its an american thing thats driving it. i work with people of all ages but who all go out and none of them would go to an edm headliner.

^^ essentially i agree with you josh , the mass marketed underground is where the young kids are going.

Listened to different Future House tracks for about fifteen minutes. I now know every sound they use. Just like in EDM where there is a very small number of different elements. I think "a mixture between commercial deep house and EDM" is a fitting definition of future house, and the deep house part makes it a little bit more bearable than EDM for me personally, but still I don't like it. But I agree that in fact future house IS a new genre if you also see EDM as a genre.

Contrary to EDM I don't believe in the success of a future house night in pacha.

Well at least Pacha have managed to close ONE decent music deal this year! The Big Man is BACK!

Today I am really excited because I can announce the 3rd year of my Solomun +1 residency at Pacha Ibiza!
From May 24 till October till October 4 2015 we will celebrate 20 sundays with my very special +1-artists - and hopefully with you too.
Those nights were really special and magical in the past 2 years - and I will do everything to make the sundays our fundays again this year ...
But please allow me to ask you a question first: what +1-artist would you like me to invite for this season ?

https://www.facebook.com/SolomunMusic

Looks like Luciano on a Tuesday at Pacha is off then (latest rumour mill)! Wonder if they were just scared off going up against Tonight/Defected and Coxy (+ overload of other tech parties), and /or he couldn't commit to a 20 week season! ?

As it stands looks like Friday & Sunday are your only chance of some "good" House / Tech music at Pacha. Good to see Derrick Carter confirmed for a Friday, and obviously Big Man is back on Sundays! Hoping Friday will be more along the lines of MK + the kind of DJs Ibiza Rocks House had! A good pure house night (fingers crossed)!

sorry to be discussing rumours but we haven't got a lot else: if luciano is really doing space as rumours suggest it will be VERY interesting on which day. supposing that he will not go against cocoon on mondays the only days left are wednesday (against tribal, paradise and hyte) and friday (against carola). especially wednesday would be ridiculously oversaturized!
or do we see luciano hosting a vagabundo terrace at we love? there were rumours two years ago I think..

Might Luciano's rumoured return to Pacha just have been a red-herring. Might not Vagabundos get a permanent, weekly mid-afternoon - midnight slot at Destino??

Talking of Luciano - he's going guns all out in the UK this summer. Prominent name at several festivals - and being billed as a headliner for some of the smaller, regional festivals.

Might Luciano's rumoured return to Pacha just have been a red-herring. Might not Vagabundos get a permanent, weekly mid-afternoon - midnight slot at Destino??

Talking of Luciano - he's going guns all out in the UK this summer. Prominent name at several festivals - and being billed as a headliner for some of the smaller, regional festivals.

Maybe yeah. I did enjoy his Destino sessions last season. Location is much better for his / that sound compared to Ushuaia.

or do we see luciano hosting a vagabundo terrace at we love? there were rumours two years ago I think..

That would be my big ***guess***. A mini dates etc. Not sure he has more than 8 a season in him these days haha. I think those years of two double 16-20 week residencies at Pacha / Ushuaia almost did him in.

20150204043208!FMacRumours.PNG

I might be wrong, but I don't think MK will ever be as big again as he got last summer. So so far as his brand (Area10) is concerned, personally, I feel that ship has sailed.

Is he big enough to be weekly resident and have a night built around him? Absolutely.

But seeing as INSANE was rammed each time I went last year, and had a good selection of acts - often completely different to MK, and thus appealing to different audiences - I think Pacha should stick with it.

If it ain't broke...

I might be wrong, but I don't think MK will ever be as big again as he got last summer. So so far as his brand (Area10) is concerned, personally, I feel that ship has sailed.

Is he big enough to be weekly resident and have a night built around him? Absolutely.

But seeing as INSANE was rammed each time I went last year, and had a good selection of acts - often completely different to MK, and thus appealing to different audiences - I think Pacha should stick with it.

If it ain't broke...

I've written a lot about INSANE, so probably some repetition here. I did like the mix of House / Tech House last year. Personally MK and Digweed on the same bill really does it for me. INSANE represented a broad church and I like that.

The problem last year was that while I like what they did with the branding and the theme and the DJs were good: they just throw too many DJs at it, and never had any consistency in terms of when they were on. E.g. MK is a 3AM-5AM DJ. Digweed is a 5AM - 7AM+ DJ. Yes, I know DJs have other commitments, but if they had some consistency between peak-time House and then more tech sounds later, it may have helped.

Also, you do not need (for example) MK, Digweed, DJ Sneak, Reboot + Resident in ONE NIGHT! Five bloody DJs crammed into seven hours just isn't needed IMO. And it was this that in some ways was its failing. They tried to do too much and made it inconsistent. On top of this they threw in some Wisdom/Guy Gerber nights to really ensure there was no consistency.

A Pacha night works best built around one DJ with strong support. Just look at the nights that do well there!

So I think they should build it around MK and have strong support DJs (1 or 2 others a night). My guess is there won't be room for Digweed this year - which I think is a shame as he more than anyone helped establish this night, and he offers something very different in Pacha.

However, even though all I have said above.... INSANE really is one of my fav nights!

I think i agree with almost all your points, if not all of them.

I was flying high at the time - but Digweed delivered one of the best sets ive ever heard back at last year's opening party.

I was a bit disappointed that they stuck him on before MK at the closing party. Seems far too early for him. Would be a shame to see him go, but he was certainly "odd man out" on the line-ups that I attended. Where would he end up if deemed surplus to requirements? A couple of dates with Coxy?

I think 3 DJs per night in the main room. Resident > MK > guest on rotation

I think i agree with almost all your points, if not all of them.

I was flying high at the time - but Digweed delivered one of the best sets ive ever heard back at last year's opening party.

I was a bit disappointed that they stuck him on before MK at the closing party. Seems far too early for him. Would be a shame to see him go, but he was certainly "odd man out" on the line-ups that I attended. Where would he end up if deemed surplus to requirements? A couple of dates with Coxy?

I think 3 DJs per night in the main room. Resident > MK > guest on rotation

There were some CRAZY set-times last year mate. I did an INSANE in early June and Digweed only was on 01:30 - 02:30 (and that's not a typo)! Apparently he had to travel, but still crazy times! I caught a later set of his in the season and it was class!

I agree that Resident > MK > Guest would work.

Suppose question is if it is MK, will it be INSANE or will they go with a new brand?

Digweed is a Safehouse Management man, so I'm guessing a few Coxy dates if he's not at Pacha!

John Digweed, Dennis Ferrer, Kevin Sauderson, Reboot etc down for the Pacha Ibiza Miami Parties! Good sign for the summer I'm hoping!

11030313_778431015572758_5291564754054321150_n.jpg

Personally, I think the MK "boom" only really came about last summer because of the amount of mainstream posers with faded haircuts and facial hair, snapbacks, full sleeve tattoos, short shorts, low neck baggy vests and 'Roshe' trainers were keen to clock on to his sets because they'd heard stuff like "My Head is a Jungle" and "Look Right Through" on Radio One and thought that generated "real house music."

For what it's worth, I've been an MK fan for years. And I doubt any of these "fans" have heard of stuff like "Burning" that he did years ago. But Pacha being Pacha, and clearly intent on following current "in trends", I'm not sure if they'll build a night around him as a resident DJ if his UK-based activity dips down a little this year, particularly in the mainstream.
Wouldn't surprise me to see them nab someone like Axwell^Ingrosso from Ushuaia but the amount of money that "Departures" is raking in for them, I can't see them moving it.

Hopefully I'm wrong. An MK-residency night at Pacha would be great, even if some of his cross fades and mixes were rather jumpy to say the least during his sets there last year. He's a producer first and foremost, not a live DJ. And he'd even admit to that himself.

Back