Pacha's 2015 line-up

What about amine edge and dance moving there cuff ngt from sankeys to pacha? Heard this was a possibility after cuff pulled out of sankeys closing in 2014 in favour of a ngt at pacha.

Im not a fan of the ngt at all by the way so would prefer they was off the island all together.

I enjoyed CUFF and think its good that you have a wide range of nights? Do not think it suits Pacha one bit though. Although I would prefer the shufflers they attract were off the island altogether haha

I enjoyed CUFF and think its good that you have a wide range of nights? Do not think it suits Pacha one bit though. Although I would prefer the shufflers they attract were off the island altogether haha

Nothing would surprise me with Pacha anymore, but would Amine Edge & Dance really fill the club?

If it fills the club / VIP then they want it! Be that Commercial Guetta or more Underground Solomun - both pack the VIP and Dancefloor! All the shI_te they gave us about pure Ibiza experience a few years back is slightly rubbish IMO. Look at the nights that have not been commercially viable at Pacha over the last few years: Wisdom Of The Glove, EPICA, Ibiza Rocks House - none of which packed the punters in. If they had - they'd still be going on!

The IMS talk about exclusivity which has a pacha repesentative makes for interesting listening on the subject of lineups.

I can see the Cuff guys attracting a VIP crowd for sure. It's scarsely "house" imho. I know they brand it as G-House, but it's too slow. I've seen them a few times, and it's definitely more "urban" orientated. Hip-hop swagger, attitude, affluent, one-up manship - can def see the VIP crowd going for that! (although, granted, it will leave most spotlighters with a sour taste in their mouth!) They've tapped into a market which there is obviously a demand for. I personally don't like it, but they certainly add diversity island. Probably a flash-in-pan, so fear not, don't think we'll still be talking about them by 2020.

Anyone know how the Armine Edge & Dance night went at Pacha last October? I know it was post season, but be interesting how it went down.

I wonder if anything should be read into the acts that Pacha had on (or in the case of MK, wanted to have, but got cancelled) the post closing week: MK, Armine Edge & Dance, Nicky Romero and Josh Wink (Insane).

Gets me thinking about a perfect Insane line-up: Josh Wink, John Digweed, DJ Sneak!

I wouldnt even bother going to a night a DJ has had previous commercial success,music seems to be better and at least you can dance.

Ibiza will allways police its self musically,promotionally and nothing wrong with haveing a mainstream artist and dj as long as it doesnt push out the underground..I dont agree with seth as far as stacking headliners, even from anouther angle it fills the clubs with druken statues that never dance, creating to much overfill,if peeps have no room to dance they will move on,agreed with alot of comments on the pannel

Bob Sinclar's Paris By Night to take-up mini-residency within Pure Pacha it would seem

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 18
OMG. If the latest "rumour" has any truth in it please somebody save them from themselves! Some kind of "Future House" night on a Wednesday....

OMG. If the latest "rumour" has any truth in it please somebody save them from themselves! Some kind of "Future House" night on a Wednesday....

Tchami

Maybe...? I'm just going off the 'future house' you mentioned...:rolleyes:

"Future House" or "bassline house" is that tripe peddled by Audio Rehab, Rinse FM, Carnao Beats & Co. Doorly is increasingly in with that crowd. I like to call it "chav house". Full of drops & doinks. Attracts a crowd which shouts "Oi, oi" "f*** off" etc. And the same ilk that wear Obey, huraches, snapbacks & bumbags.

"Future House" or "bassline house" is that tripe peddled by Audio Rehab, Rinse FM, Carnao Beats & Co. Doorly is increasingly in with that crowd. I like to call it "chav house". Full of drops & doinks. Attracts a crowd which shouts "Oi, oi" "f*** off" etc. And the same ilk that wear Obey, huraches, snapbacks & bumbags.

Sounds like a typical 'Clubland' night featuring Ultrabeat, Scooter and Darren Styles. Putting a massive donk on it...

Sounds like a typical 'Clubland' night featuring Ultrabeat, Scooter and Darren Styles. Putting a massive donk on it...

I was gonna say something similar, not exactly the same though. to me, this stuff sounds very similar to this (released 2006), just with some deep house vocals thrown in every now and then. future house? yeah right.

A bit of re branding probably from the good old music press ie mixmag, future house ha...As far as Deep house is concerned, anouther re branding, i thought House was meant to be deep in its DNA....In the summer i mite go swimming in the WET sea not the sea, its not the same, its new ha

I was gonna say something similar, not exactly the same though. to me, this stuff sounds very similar to this (released 2006), just with some deep house vocals thrown in every now and then. future house? yeah right.

Sounds more like EDM artists trying to turn themselves into "artists"! When Laidback Luke is in on the act, you know it's a pile of sh_ite!

"According to Laidback Luke, the future of dance music is "future house". What is that exactly? It's a new sound he's using to describe music made by himself and guys like Oliver Heldens, which fuses EDM with deep house.

"I’m really into the future house stuff right now," he recently told inthemix. "That to me is basically deep house garage mixed down in an EDM vibe. The stuff that Oliver Heldens is doing, Tchami as well. To me that gives us a whole new playfield. In EDM we’ve kind of reached our peak, we don’t know what’s creative anymore and what stuff we can do. Basically this is a whole new open palette to start experimenting on, taking it somewhere it’s never been before."

The Dutch DJ even took the time to explain his new genre to a fan on twitter.

tweet_zps6416ca8f.jpg

WHAT A LOAD OF BS

my words exactly

I know we give these guys a hard time, and I am not dismissing EDM completely. I don't know what it is that makes 10,000 kids scream - but something does! But trying to say you are fusing it with deep house: I mean come on! What next? Maceo Plex B2B Laidback Luke?

I know we give these guys a hard time, and I am not dismissing EDM completely. I don't know what it is that makes 10,000 kids scream - but something does! But trying to say you are fusing it with deep house: I mean come on! What next? Maceo Plex B2B Laidback Luke?

no not at all - everyone to their own when it comes to tastes. EDM is hugely popular and even though it's not my cuppa, it's obvious there are millions of people in the world right now that love it. fair enough. just the 'future house' term makes me laugh. apparently it only started as a joke made by tchami, but then went viral. I really don't see what's 'future' about that.

Back