Ibiza gossip 2024

As has been discussed on here a lot Sankeys/Oktan has an opportunity to be a truly underground style club. It's in a neglected bit of the island but walking distance to the busy action. Make a club where phones have to be checked in on entry and it'd be a good addition to the island.
Couldn’t agree more - I’ve stood on my soapbox about that on here before. Clubbing needs its spontaneity back and that venue is screaming for it

This Space at Eden concept is a shocker. Space was not a club night that can be transferred to another venue, it was a club in itself that cannot be replicated anywhere else.
I feel like the only place that could pull it off is the new Privilege. That place has the potential to be bigger and better than Space from a venue standpoint. Not sure if you can recapture the magic though.

I feel like the only place that could pull it off is the new Privilege. That place has the potential to be bigger and better than Space from a venue standpoint. Not sure if you can recapture the magic though.
It won't.
Times have changed for a start and like very often pointed out here a good chunk of the new wave of Ibiza (clubbing) visitors have never been and for them is just something, almost mythical, they hear about but doesn't mean anything to them.
Try to "recreate" Space it's never going to work, it might establish itself as a great new night (or day) but it will never be Space.

Space wasn't just a great club with a great line up of DJs.

Space was the amazing opening and closing fiestas that for many years where the symbol of the start and closing of the Ibiza summer seasons.

Space was the venue with its great terrace (especially when it had no roof)

Space was the buzz in Playa den Bossa on a Sunday.

Space was the " pass out" that enabled you to get some "cheap" refreshments in the supermarkets across the road and popping to Bora Bora for a bit of "chill out" time before going back and once the terrace shut, sweat your tits off in the Discoteca until the very end.

Space was heading straight to DC10 on the Monday morning with no sleep.

Space was going back to your apartment (mainly Jets) after more than 24 hours party totally wrecked while promising yourself no to do It ever again

Space was the amazing feeling that made you do it over and over again.

I guess Pepe Rosello is behind this new venture at Eden?
Unless he wanted to keep it quiet or maybe this is something it materialised later but he didn't mention anything at all early in the year at The Standard during his chat for the DIPEF, the only thing he said was that all efforts were concentrated for the opening of Space in Riccione
I can't remember who it was but on the same chat someone asked him why not running a Space event, like a mini festival perhaps at the start and one at closing just to mark the beginning and end of the summer like the old days?
I personally think that, may be a better idea if they really are determined to recreate and keep alive the Space brand a bit rather than having a night called Space in another venue🤷🏻‍♂️

As has been discussed on here a lot Sankeys/Oktan has an opportunity to be a truly underground style club. It's in a neglected bit of the island but walking distance to the busy action. Make a club where phones have to be checked in on entry and it'd be a good addition to the island.
Wasn't Octan going to open this winter under a new name? Whatever happened to that?

We don’t know, but not convinced it’s this at all. He has been doing 21-22 date seasons for ~10 seasons. That’s hard yards! That’s one hell of a long season.

Personally I’m liking the idea of them mixing it up a bit.
I find this really strange. He's always been a staple of Pacha on Sundays for the entire season, so don't know why he's not there for the early portion.

Looks like he's playing in June in other events on other days of the week.

I find this really strange. He's always been a staple of Pacha on Sundays for the entire season, so don't know why he's not there for the early portion.

Looks like he's playing in June in other events on other days of the week.

Or trying to do more with the +1 brand to take the pressure off him. I am not trying to spin it before I get accused of that, but for me and as much as I love Solly, I think Sunday is such a strong night at Pacha (even since 2010 before him) that this will work with the right DJs on the bill - and it mixes it up.

I have literally zero insight of who the +1 headliners will be on those first 4 dates. But you'd imagine that it's not going to be DJ Joe from Glasgow making his Ibiza debut, especially with Glitterbox and Pyramid opening early June. My guess will be VERY established DJ + 1 (new emerging talent).

Or trying to do more with the +1 brand to take the pressure off him. I am not trying to spin it before I get accused of that, but for me and as much as I love Solly, I think Sunday is such a strong night at Pacha (even since 2010 before him) that this will work with the right DJs on the bill - and it mixes it up.

I have literally zero insight of who the +1 headliners will be on those first 4 dates. But you'd imagine that it's not going to be DJ Joe from Glasgow making his Ibiza debut, especially with Glitterbox and Pyramid opening early June. My guess will be VERY established DJ + 1 (new emerging talent).
Dj Joe sounds decent got a soundcloud link?

Who can fill Sollypops’ boots? Dixon? Koze? Sven? Honey Dijon? Someone like that?
Mhm, interesting idea. It actually could be Sven, especially as he has no June date at Akasha. Sven with Koze as plus 1?
Also Peggy Gou is always a possibility as a Sunday host

Does anyone have any intel for Pacha on Mondays/Fridays?
Seems the nights are yet to be filled so hoping they come up with something special - especially on Monday’s

Does anyone have any intel for Pacha on Mondays/Fridays?
Seems the nights are yet to be filled so hoping they come up with something special - especially on Monday’s

Friday is Music On with Marco Carola as per the last few years … Monday only night to be filled now

Mhm, interesting idea. It actually could be Sven, especially as he has no June date at Akasha. Sven with Koze as plus 1?
Also Peggy Gou is always a possibility as a Sunday host
Unlikely to be Sven. Listened to Johannes on Scuba’s podcast talking about Cocoon at Pacha and explaining how the relationship with the club broke down. Unless it’s different people at Pacha now?

It won't.
Times have changed for a start and like very often pointed out here a good chunk of the new wave of Ibiza (clubbing) visitors have never been and for them is just something, almost mythical, they hear about but doesn't mean anything to them.
Try to "recreate" Space it's never going to work, it might establish itself as a great new night (or day) but it will never be Space.

Space wasn't just a great club with a great line up of DJs.

Space was the amazing opening and closing fiestas that for many years where the symbol of the start and closing of the Ibiza summer seasons.

Space was the venue with its great terrace (especially when it had no roof)

Space was the buzz in Playa den Bossa on a Sunday.

Space was the " pass out" that enabled you to get some "cheap" refreshments in the supermarkets across the road and popping to Bora Bora for a bit of "chill out" time before going back and once the terrace shut, sweat your tits off in the Discoteca until the very end.

Space was heading straight to DC10 on the Monday morning with no sleep.

Space was going back to your apartment (mainly Jets) after more than 24 hours party totally wrecked while promising yourself no to do It ever again

Space was the amazing feeling that made you do it over and over again.

I guess Pepe Rosello is behind this new venture at Eden?
Unless he wanted to keep it quiet or maybe this is something it materialised later but he didn't mention anything at all early in the year at The Standard during his chat for the DIPEF, the only thing he said was that all efforts were concentrated for the opening of Space in Riccione
I can't remember who it was but on the same chat someone asked him why not running a Space event, like a mini festival perhaps at the start and one at closing just to mark the beginning and end of the summer like the old days?
I personally think that, may be a better idea if they really are determined to recreate and keep alive the Space brand a bit rather than having a night called Space in another venue🤷🏻‍♂️
Here’s a thought and something that I’ve wondered for a while. We all talk about clubs of the past but are the kids of today having just as good a time as we did? I think they will be, it’s just that clubbing has changed for us and a lot of us are at that point in Human Traffic where the club is going mad and the old couple are sat saying how it isn’t as good as in their day. In 10-20 years time will they have the same feelings for Hi as we do places like Space?

Unlikely to be Sven. Listened to Johannes on Scuba’s podcast talking about Cocoon at Pacha and explaining how the relationship with the club broke down. Unless it’s different people at Pacha now?

Can you link the podcast? Sounds interesting

Here’s a thought and something that I’ve wondered for a while. We all talk about clubs of the past but are the kids of today having just as good a time as we did? I think they will be, it’s just that clubbing has changed for us and a lot of us are at that point in Human Traffic where the club is going mad and the old couple are sat saying how it isn’t as good as in their day. In 10-20 years time will they have the same feelings for Hi as we do places like Space?
In the same way people reminisced about Wigan Pier followed by the Hacienda...

Last edited:
This is a given. Kids today will look back to the venues, djs and music that have them the feelings.

Back