Ibiza gossip 2024

If you search the annals of the mid-2000s on here, you'll find a thread where a poster trailed a massive secret for a week, before annoucing it was that Judge Jules was buying San An restuarant Kasbah, which wasn't quite the earth-shattering news advertised, and was known by various posters already. (Poster in question an all round good-egg and happy to have a chuckle at his younger self when he pops back now and again, I should add)

they actually will work together with the taxis. for now they don't have their own drivers it seems.
Wow! This is huge news. So pleased 😀

Stayed in a villa in between Cala Bassa and Comte this summer, first time in this part of the island, and the taxi situation was a nightmare after sunset (which we knew would happen). One night we had to wait for over 2 hours as we were in the queue and eventually when they got booked we think our cabs were being hailed before they got to us.

Hopefully this will mean that will stop happening.

Stayed in a villa in between Cala Bassa and Comte this summer, first time in this part of the island, and the taxi situation was a nightmare after sunset (which we knew would happen). One night we had to wait for over 2 hours as we were in the queue and eventually when they got booked we think our cabs were being hailed before they got to us.

Would definitely make me more inclined to book somewhere out of the way rather than the usual spots. I guess it is good news for Taxi drivers and customers. Many uber drivers I know(In the UK) say they would never drive a 'normal' taxi again as with Uber it much more flexible for their life, rarely have issues with customers due to ratings etc. Only negative is the odd Uni student raising a case that something has happened when it hasn't to try and get a free/cheaper ride, probably not applicable for Ibiza.

I always found the taxi app in ibiza to be really good (obviously you wouldn't use leaving a club at 5am) even during peak season...I guess the difference is that Uber will be taking a cut which will end up putting up the prices for everyone

on paper it sounds like good news, but a couple of caveats

1. the experience in BCN whilst not directly comparable suggests there will be fierce and sometimes dirty opposition from established taxis. We've had strikes, blockades, assaults and the lobby is determined not to lose its privileges

2. I've read intvs with uber drivers on gig wages who get paid a pittance. it might be hard enticing them to an expensive island

just sayin'..

No, the last time I was inside (for a stag party!) that place was still called La Kokotxa. Btw, it opens this thursday!

Avyca (Octan) got some bits on this week after their opening last month. Be interested to see what they do next summer

Love it to thrive again Sprigal, great club with a bit of a dodgy edge.
Really is. We have had some really good nights in there. It’s been mismanaged for years. God knows what it has been a front for. I hope someone can start to use it properly as a nightclub again. It’s about the same size as Chinois and they have shown how it can work, but PDB has a lot more tourists on its doorstep and I’m sure they would welcome a more cost effective clubbing option. The area needs it to work too, that street is well dodgy without a viable nightclub at the end of it.

Last edited:
Really is. We have had some really good nights in there. It’s been mismanaged for years. God knows what it has been a front for. I hope someone can start to use it properly as a nightclub again. It’s about the same size as Chinois and they have shown how it can work, but PDB has a lot more tourists on its doorstep and I’m sure they would welcome a more cost effective clubbing option. The area needs it to work too, that street is well dodgy without a viable nightclub at the end of it.

welcome a more cost effective ... the tourists will welcome it . Matutes not.

Back