*** Ibiza Gossip 2016 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
renaissance news:

We are proud to announce that Renaissance is now back in the ownership of original founder Geoff Oakes and an exciting and innovative new group of partners. The first album release of the new era, Renaissance The Mix Collection: Art Department is scheduled for release late May (more details shortly), with tour dates in Asia in April and a UK Album Launch event taking place in London in May 2016… a new website is in development and there will be a new Soundcloud page and lots more exciting news to follow.

“Renaissance has been a labour of love and a huge part of my life over the past 24yrs. It’s been a bumpy ride at times but has also been a source of immense pride and pleasure for me and hopefully for all of our fans around the world. As many of you are aware, Ministry of Sound owned the brand since 2010 but finally agreed to sell it back to me, for which I’m eternally grateful. The Renaissance of 2016 will promote a current underground music policy for a new generation, whilst never forgetting the brand’s legacy, which will be celebrated in spectacular fashion with a series of exclusive releases and events for Renaissance’s 25th Anniversary year in 2017. Our immediate focus is on reestablishing Renaissance as a platform for quality underground music, introducing a new audience to the attention to detail in both music and events that so inspired a previous generation. We have some incredible plans and can’t wait to share them with you all.” -Founder Geoff Oakes.

no specific mention of ibiza events for now. maybe next year for their 25th anniversary, who knows?

renaissance news:

We are proud to announce that Renaissance is now back in the ownership of original founder Geoff Oakes and an exciting and innovative new group of partners. The first album release of the new era, Renaissance The Mix Collection: Art Department is scheduled for release late May (more details shortly), with tour dates in Asia in April and a UK Album Launch event taking place in London in May 2016… a new website is in development and there will be a new Soundcloud page and lots more exciting news to follow.

“Renaissance has been a labour of love and a huge part of my life over the past 24yrs. It’s been a bumpy ride at times but has also been a source of immense pride and pleasure for me and hopefully for all of our fans around the world. As many of you are aware, Ministry of Sound owned the brand since 2010 but finally agreed to sell it back to me, for which I’m eternally grateful. The Renaissance of 2016 will promote a current underground music policy for a new generation, whilst never forgetting the brand’s legacy, which will be celebrated in spectacular fashion with a series of exclusive releases and events for Renaissance’s 25th Anniversary year in 2017. Our immediate focus is on reestablishing Renaissance as a platform for quality underground music, introducing a new audience to the attention to detail in both music and events that so inspired a previous generation. We have some incredible plans and can’t wait to share them with you all.” -Founder Geoff Oakes.

no specific mention of ibiza events for now. maybe next year for their 25th anniversary, who knows?

Yeah I saw this yesterday on FB. Shame it wasn't an Ibiza announcement but it's great news that it's back in the hands of Geoff Oakes and away from MoS. Did they do anything with the brand apart from release a lazy classics album in the 6 years they owned it?

so... update on closing party schedule.

a lot of parties are now already confirmed on the calendar, but just so you know...

closing parties starting from 20th sep:

tue 20th sep - together at amnesia *confirmed*
tue 20th sep - coxy at space *confirmed*
fri 23rd sep - glitterbox at space *confirmed*
fri 23rd sep - judgement at eden *confirmed*
sat 24th sep - zoo project at benimussa park *confirmed*
sat 24th sep - elrow at space *confirmed*
sun 25th sep - sundays at space *confirmed*
sun 25th sep - viva at sankeys *confirmed*
mon 26th sep - flower power at pacha *confirmed*
mon 26th sep - redlight at sankeys *confirmed*
wed 28th sep - dance 88/89 at sankeys *confirmed*
wed 28th sep - paradise at dc10 *assumption - NOT confirmed*
wed 28th sep - hyte at amnesia *assumption - NOT confirmed*
fri 30th sep - music on at amnesia *assumption - NOT confirmed*
sat 1st oct - ushuaïa closing *assumption - NOT confirmed*
sun 2nd oct - space closing *assumption - NOT confirmed*
mon 3rd oct - cocoon at amnesia *confirmed*
tue 4th oct - mosaic by maceo *confirmed*
wed 5th oct - my house at pacha *confirmed*
thu 6th oct - FMIF at pacha *confirmed*
fri 7th oct - insane at pacha *confirmed*
fri 7th oct - privilege closing *assumption - NOT confirmed*
sat 8th oct - pure pacha *confirmed*
sat 8th oct - amnesia closing *assumption - NOT confirmed*
sun 9th oct - solomun+1 at pacha *confirmed*
mon 10th oct - dc10 closing *assumption - NOT confirmed*

important - wherever I said asssumption I really mean that it is an assumption and those dates could move a week. also I have left out a few nights that will still be announced of course.

NEWS DROPPING IN 20MINS :!:

update - news dropping on tuesday only... sorry.

but generally speaking, all promoters are pulling their fingers now so between tonight and easter period expect a shitload of stuff to get confirmed.

update - news dropping on tuesday only... sorry.

but generally speaking, all promoters are pulling their fingers now so between tonight and easter period expect a shitload of stuff to get confirmed.

Have you still got some news to drop today Stivi? :lol:

now let's just hope it won't be delayed again :spank:

there's more to come this week anyway though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back