*** Ibiza Gossip 2016 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

stivi

A few things out already such as Tribal Sessions doing a 6 month residency (in tune with Sankeys opening up at the start of May), Ibiza Rocks getting in Craig David for Sundays and the question 'what happens to ENTER'.

time for a general discussion thread I think! place for you to deposit all rumours you hear, questions and doubts you have. some we'll answer straight ahead, others we'll have to wait as you well know :)

Here's something I noticed on social media last week: when Dave Vincent posted his initial "f*** it, i like a challenge" post re: extending the season he tagged a load of names of promoters, DJs and Ibiza bods. I noticed that the Magna Carta promoters weren't included. A sign they won't be back at Sankeys in 2016??

He did however tag them in his "1st Birthday in Ibiza" post a few days afterwards, so...?

New Party at Pacha to replace Steve Aoki? Does that rumour have any weight?

Luciano back at Pacha? Remember that Luciano and Pacha were in discussions last winter about bringing Vagabundos back to Pacha, so maybe it could happen this year?

Not a straight-swap though. They've been very careful at keeping the underground/commercial balance across the week since Danny Whittle departed. If they wanna stick with EDM would've thought they throw money at Aoki's mates Like Mike & Dimitri Vegas.

Not a straight-swap though. They've been very careful at keeping the underground/commercial balance across the week since Danny Whittle departed. If they wanna stick with EDM would've thought they throw money at Aoki's mates Like Mike & Dimitri Vegas.

Agree, Solomun + Insane + Luciano *may* be too much on the underground side of things for Pacha. They tried that in 2013, but Guy's WOTG was just a bit too dark for some - was never going to fill the tables!

However, Solomun & Luciano can probably also fill the dancefloor and the table-service areas unlike a lot of others in their genre. They have a lot of cross-over appeal.

If I was in charge, I'd do the above and then make INSANE a proper HOUSE night: Derrick Carter, Sneak, Ferrer etc. I still think Pacha could make a proper House night work.

I hope Gerber does something in 2016. Even if it isn't weekly. Maybe a series of events. Inside a proper venue! (with the correct licences!) Underground?
I think Insane definitely needs looking at. But we've been saying this for the past 2 years. My guess - they won't change much, if anything (again!)

Could Gerber team up with Luciano at Space?
Could be a match made in heaven no? 2 rooms of good music and the whole club pumping?

I hope Gerber does something in 2016. Even if it isn't weekly. Maybe a series of events. Inside a proper venue!

I completely agree but i just done see where it could happen. I actually think his Rumors concept would really only fit at like a DC-10 larger club wise and thats not going to happen. If there was something like Boom still around, I think that would be the kind of place he could make a home.

Could Gerber team up with Luciano at Space?

Solutions oriented thinking! But I dont see that happening at least not in my opinion.

Why are we all assuming that Luciano & Space parted on good terms and they will stay together on Sundays? Are they on good terms?

Last edited:
ok a few things...

aoki - I think it was back in july/august when I first heard he might be on his way outta pacha. even though general numbers were OK for him at pacha (and definitely better than in his first season), he just didn't attract ANY vip crowd (which up to a certain extent is important for ANY club on the island nowadays, not just pacha) and also, at least to me, it never felt a perfect fit. pacha's the cherry venue, not the cake venue... let's see where he ends up in the end ;)

guy gerber/rumors - now, this is a mere assumption of mine, but I for one wouldn't be surprised to see either him and/or the apollonia crew somehow involved with HYTE next year. complete shot in the dark, but one thing's sure, HYTE needs to do better next year and for that they need collabs...who that will be we'll see. I think the DNS guys are also looking out for a change of venue possibly and if they can't find their own club or own floor of a club, then even they could be involved, especially since they already did one collab date with HYTE this past summer.

as for ENTER and luciano (both seen separately) - can't comment for now.

one more thing while we're at it....

while cova santa outdoors most probably never will really work (not that the venue doesn't work, but it's too close to where people live etc), last summer various promoters saw the potential of the indoor club they have. food for thought too for some of the smaller and up to mid size promoters...

guy gerber/rumors - now, this is a mere assumption of mine, but I for one wouldn't be surprised to see either him and/or the apollonia crew somehow involved with HYTE next year.

Interesting thought and would seem to make sense and give everyone a good partnership, but then you'd likely see the Apollonia guys depart from playing Circo which they seem to do a lot and not make their big Music On appearance. I would think Rumors on the terrace with the harder techno in the main room would make a lot of sense for Hyte. In my personal opinion I think they should just stick to what they do best and bring the heavy hitters and more frequently (Liebing, Ben Klock, Dettman, Len Faki, Gregor Tresher). A lot of the lineups for Hyte in its first season just made no sense to me, again just my opinion.

bring the heavy hitters and more frequently (Liebing, Ben Klock, Dettman, Len Faki, Gregor Tresher). A lot of the lineups for Hyte in its first season just made no sense to me, again just my opinion.

agree to their line up not making a lot of sense in a lot of cases last summer. don't agree about your list of heavy hitters though - out of those 5 artists, only klock & dettmann halfway work in ibiza in terms of pulling in the crowds. don't get me wrong, I love gregor tresher and both chris liebing as well as len faki are fantastic DJs, but they just aren't crowd pullers in ibiza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back