*** Ibiza Gossip 2016 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with regards to beach parties next year, what's the score?

Rumors at Destino is a nice fit imo.

Doesn't an ENTER / Vagabundos link up make sense?

So with regards to beach parties next year, what's the score?

Rumors at Destino is a nice fit imo.

Doesn't an ENTER / Vagabundos link up make sense?

Will any of these beach parties actually take place if the license issues aren't sorted? Is any promoter prepared to plan on that basis? You'd hope after a few season Mr Gerber may have learnt his lessons!

I'm not so sure on the ENTER.Cadenza thing. Yeah, was great as a one off, but full time? I still stand by my view that Luciano fits Pacha. As for ENTER, maybe Space is on the cards, but as people have said, ENTER at Space almost never happened last year, so why is it this year seen as inevitable? Suppose it depends if Richie just wants a room, or he wants a multi club event. If one room, then maybe the Main Room at Cocoon? Make it dark, put a dot behind the DJ booth and you have yourself ENTER! :)

Last edited:
Maybe they will do the whole thing at destino?

the conference happens at HRH. I'm sure they'll try their utmost to convince the council to have their parties up at dalt vila, but failing that I do think it might all happen at the ushuaïa complex. nothing has been announced yet though.

Will any of these beach parties actually take place if the license issues aren't sorted? Is any promoter prepared to plan on that basis? You'd hope after a few season Mr Gerber may have learnt his lessons!

I'm not so sure on the ENTER.Cadenza thing. Yeah, was great as a one off, but full time? I still stand by my view that Luciano fits Pacha. As for ENTER, maybe Space is on the cards, but as people have said, ENTER at Space almost never happened last year, so why is it this year seen as inevitable? Suppose it depends if Richie just wants a room, or he wants a multi club event. If one room, then maybe the Main Room at Cocoon? Make it dark, put a dot behind the DJ booth and you have yourself ENTER! :)

I really liked Luciano on the Space terrace this year though, feel he really made it his own.

I really liked Luciano on the Space terrace this year though, feel he really made it his own.

Yeah think it is a good fit too. Maybe Enter would work with Luciano playing the terrace? I think Enter need a terrace resident so to speak - the terrace line ups were relatively inconsistent last year...is that a hangover from Kehakuma doing the terrace previously?

I still think there are some legs in Luciano doing Sundays with "Rumours". It would mean keeping a Sunday party for Gerber, in a venue very near the old beach venue and would attract a similar but different enough crowd to the Luciano set...maybe Gerber on the terrace, Luciano inside? Could even do some parties on the sunset terrace earlier to keep the whole "party under the stars" ethos?

Obviously pure speculation!

...is that a hangover from Kehakuma doing the terrace previously?

Think they were restricted with bookings because previous regulars like Maceo Plex & Tale Of Us got tied into other parties. In the end they sorta rolled with the punch and said that no one act would play the same room more than once during season (with the exception being Richie of course).

Agree massively though, ENTER.Terrace - should it remain - needs an identity.

Looks at the M-Nus tale

As we are focusing on Space Sundays...... how about the idea of DEFECTED taking over ALL of Space on a Sunday? It will get the Brits back in and they could offer a damn wide programme! Discoteca= usual defected acts etc, Terraza = Glitterbox and then a few more different rooms etc. One of the appeals of We Love back in the day was the fact that a wide group of friends with various tastes could go to the same night. Glitterbox gets the girls in and where the girls go the guys follow etc......

^^^ I like that idea actually. Give DFTD a room, For the Love of House another. Get Strictly Rhythm and other labels on rotation on the sunset terrace. Could definitely work. Why not?!

Putting Luciano on the terrace during enter would probably drive me away from enter. Im not Hawtin/Beyer/Anything Richie usually books in the main room kinda fan, but the terrace at Enter has always been awesome. (Mano, ToU, Tennis, Gerber) If they keep it with just the bland hard hitting techno guys in the main room and then only Luciano running with his crew on the terrace it would be my first year skipping it.

Always thought Fuse could do a job hosting the sunset terrace for Coxy. Tbh i thought that was where they were heading after their dates at Space last year. I guess he won't need the rub in 2016! Gonna be a early door for his swansong I suspect. Punters wanting to claim a spot early on.

Hyte evidently need some kind of collab. Both Amnesia's rooms are vast, though. Not convinced Fuse quite have that pull power yet, do they? Then again, here I am assuming Hyte will be back at Amnesia...

Ok, here's one re: Sankeys.

Abode to go weekly. Kai said that was his goal for 2016, and seeing Abode's stock rise both in London and in Ibiza I think it's as good as nailed on. There is already the Studio 338/Sankeys connection of course.

Unsure which night? Seeing as Saturdays (based on last year's line-up) as currently vacated, I'd guess then. A link-up with a Ants afterparty (Reverse?).

I'm speculating this based on the working relationships I know to exist. Other than that, this is purely guess work.

Unsure which night? Seeing as Saturdays (based on last year's line-up) as currently vacated, I'd guess then. A link-up with a Ants afterparty (Reverse?).

I'm speculating this based on the working relationships I know to exist. Other than that, this is purely guess work.

you don't seem to read our news ;) saturdays is tribal sessions next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back