Have Ibiza's Glory Days as a Dance Music Mecca Come to an End?

Sometimes it's not that people don't get it.. sometimes it's just not funny enough. Your jokes are more Shane Richie funny than Steven Toast funny KK. Which is why you are happy living in a clone society.

Bringing it back to the original topic, I would say Ibiza will be the central focus for dance music enthusiasts for the foreseeable future.

Nowhere else in the developed world will replace it in my opinion, because I just can't see any local authority looking at the widespread drug use/noise pollution/displacement which has occurred on Ibiza and thinking 'we should turn a blind eye to that stuff and be the new Ibiza'.

I visited the Balkans twice this summer and some of the clubs were incredible venues and the people were sound. Google top hill Montenegro people and you'll find an outdoor venue to rival Ushuaia. But the place lacks the pull of the Balearic vibe. I've tried to find an alternative to Ibiza for a few years but I have had to admit defeat.

Yes the island has sold out in many respects, but it has a pull few if any of the users of this forum can resist

I'm 41 so I obv don't pretend to have a hotline to the yoof but it seems to me that there are a lot more sheep than there used to be and ibiza for me was always about the characters, freaks, misfits, eccentrics. I get the impression those current kids aren't really 'free' in the old Ibiza sense because they're all too vain because they're a bit brainwashed. Sounds a bit hippy I know but that's the feeling I get. If any OCB regulars want to challenge this, I'm all ears...
OCB is a great place for House Music (Grant Collins, Grant Nelson, Tom Crane, Luis del Villar, FelixDafunjk, Clara Dacosta & so on..)except minisry of sound day? if i stick to some videos ive seen
ok there is some vip, there is some athletic guys but because of these it will ruin my mood?
Full support to Ibiza sensations, Soulheaven , the cd given is f***in brilliant with 4 mix from ocean beach, chiringay, jockeyclub & so on..
Felix DaFunk cd, Luis del villar wavefan given to ibiza sensation fan :p
some hot italian girl stole my ocb cape :D
14520614_10208632171294353_8609143748265488105_n.jpg
14463206_10208632171694363_1603217388105630467_n.jpg

L
14433112_10208632680787090_8902974393241241023_n.jpg

So if you are 'roided' up you are a wally....but if you are on a cocktail of clubbing drugs then you are not a wally?

I have seen some states - If you asked someone that does neither I think you will find they will state the person that is off their face, arms flapping around in the air with their eyes closed and their jaw swinging. Would in fact be the wally

So if you are 'roided' up you are a wally....but if you are on a cocktail of clubbing drugs then you are not a wally?

I have seen some states - If you asked someone that does neither I think you will find they will state the person that is off their face, arms flapping around in the air with their eyes closed and their jaw swinging. Would in fact be the wally

The latter sounds like they are having the time of their life. I couldn't care less what some prude thinks lol LoF nobody is talking about one lone roider or even two, it's those big groups of them. Every time I've been clubbing in my city they start or try to start, they are always the ones getting thrown out which is why I don't like being around them. Their vibe is different to mine and clearly other people here, why do you care so much what we think? Do the roiders really want us to like them that much? Anyway LoF Stop trying to be the poster boy for them, you are nowhere near big enough - no offence meant just stating a fact.

You're obviously a little bit slow,because you seem to struggle understanding the previous comments,and keep jumping to your own conclusions.?

If you're on a cocktail of 'clubbing drugs' as you suggest,you can end up looking like a bit of a wally a times,but generally only for a few hours. Roiders look like wallys 24/7 and are on a cocktail of drugs before they even start on the recreational drugs.

John diamond has got this thread back on track,so try your best and stop dragging us back to last week... put your lad bible down now and move on,hey?

Bringing it back to the original topic, I would say Ibiza will be the central focus for dance music enthusiasts for the foreseeable future.

Nowhere else in the developed world will replace it in my opinion, because I just can't see any local authority looking at the widespread drug use/noise pollution/displacement which has occurred on Ibiza and thinking 'we should turn a blind eye to that stuff and be the new Ibiza'.

I visited the Balkans twice this summer and some of the clubs were incredible venues and the people were sound. Google top hill Montenegro people and you'll find an outdoor venue to rival Ushuaia. But the place lacks the pull of the Balearic vibe. I've tried to find an alternative to Ibiza for a few years but I have had to admit defeat.

Yes the island has sold out in many respects, but it has a pull few if any of the users of this forum can resist

Just bumping this post up lol.

You are comparing groups that are out in your city to those that are in Ibiza....
I have been out in my home town and seen huge guys knocking about with a face like a slapped arse trying to be alpha of course. I have also seen groups of 60kg guys do the same thing. But would I go to Ibiza and assume all groups of 60kg guys are looking for trouble? Have you not seen aggressive drunk skinny guys getting thrown out of a bar of a club?

It is easy to tarnish everyone because of a small minority. I have a lot of respect for guys that big. Though totally not my thing and in fact it is a look that not many want to achieve. Maybe in the golden era of Arnie yes. But stating that everyone big is a 'roider' and a 'wally' because they chose that life style and goal is a bit unfair.

The latter does sound like they are having the time of their life!!. But only people that do it will understand it. Similarly if you chose to become a huge body builder you might also be having the time of your life. But again only people that do it will understand it.

And that is the thing. Just because someone doesn't chose to look like Arnie doesn't mean they can class lean 100kg+ guys as 'roided up wallys'.

It is a bit like...BMW drivers. So because a certain amount of $h1t drivers have got behind the wheel of a BMW. Now anyone and everyone who drives a BMW is a moron

And I don't care what you think it is just a debate. I love a good debate. I like to think of the bigger picture and not focus on the tunnel that is all :)

You are comparing groups that are out in your city to those that are in Ibiza....
I have been out in my home town and seen huge guys knocking about with a face like a slapped arse trying to be alpha of course. I have also seen groups of 60kg guys do the same thing. But would I go to Ibiza and assume all groups of 60kg guys are looking for trouble? Have you not seen aggressive drunk skinny guys getting thrown out of a bar of a club?

It is easy to tarnish everyone because of a small minority. I have a lot of respect for guys that big. Though totally not my thing and in fact it is a look that not many want to achieve. Maybe in the golden era of Arnie yes. But stating that everyone big is a 'roider' and a 'wally' because they chose that life style and goal is a bit unfair.

The latter does sound like they are having the time of their life!!. But only people that do it will understand it. Similarly if you chose to become a huge body builder you might also be having the time of your life. But again only people that do it will understand it.

And that is the thing. Just because someone doesn't chose to look like Arnie doesn't mean they can class lean 100kg+ guys as 'roided up wallys'.

It is a bit like...BMW drivers. So because a certain amount of $h1t drivers have got behind the wheel of a BMW. Now anyone and everyone who drives a BMW is a moron

And I don't care what you think it is just a debate. I love a good debate. I like to think of the bigger picture and not focus on the tunnel that is all :)

I drive a BMW. I'm a sh£t driver, and a moron. Just ask my teenage son ;)

I visited the Balkans twice this summer and some of the clubs were incredible venues and the people were sound. Google top hill Montenegro people and you'll find an outdoor venue to rival Ushuaia. But the place lacks the pull of the Balearic vibe. I've tried to find an alternative to Ibiza for a few years but I have had to admit defeat [/QUOTE]

I am interested to hear your stories of Croatia compared to Ibiza, and I have seen a flyer for Muzeek Digital for a rave at top hill Montenegro, so your wisdom on that will be appreciated as well

Anything to stop moan99 continuiosly having to have the last word when someone doesn't agree with her and onelikehose kissing her butt

I also drive a BMW....Gotta love it

I have heard of 'Hideout' which is a festival held in Croatia. Thought that looks pretty decent until I looked into it....3hr transfer from Zagreb to Pag and then I started looking into the pictures and the line up's and thought.....nope it is full of the sort you find in Magaluf and Skepta really isn't my fancy

Soooooo... You're allowed to decide whether you attend an event depending on whether it's full of the 'sort you find in Magaluf' ? but surely just because someone is a 'sort you find in Magaluf' doesn't mean their not up for a good time? Shame on you LoF :twisted::twisted::lol::spank:

It's hard being enlightened isn't it.. You have to be so on top of everything... Easy to make mistakes.. Better just to go with your gut feelings and opinions and stop trying to defend the world :twisted:

The 'sort' of person you find in Magaluf is that of a binge drinker whom doesn't mind vomiting into a pubic infested blocked bog, eat fag ends and get kebab meat down their Henleys T-shirt and with the aim to pull a 'bird'....Am I wrong?

And Grime music to many is fantastic. Especially if you like to have an exuberant fist fight with the dance floor. But not really me

So yes based on conclusion full-filled by my very self I chose to 'decide' on avoiding it.

I could well be very wrong though with out actually going

Cool.. Any reason why I'm not allowed to 'decide' without you and your girlfriend Kent Kid engaging with me uninvited? :twisted:

Back