End of season summary/thoughts

Second time in coming to Ibiza, this year after going last year.

For me it lost its allure a bit - loved el row closing - but just watched Andrea Olivia.

I adored Amnesia the first time i went there for Cocoon, dancing till the sun came up. But even though the night i went to was really good (penultimate night before closing - Ricoardo and Luciano B2B with Beyer in the main room)

The fact that it closed at 7 and was still raring to go, meant that it felt just like another club in london really.

I am really keen to check out Amsterdam, in particular ADE.

I personally believe that Ocean Beach and Ushuaia are a cancer which will eventually destroy what was special & unique about the island. There is nothing autentico about either or the people they attract. If you support these places or what they represent then YOU ARE the problem. These places should be boycotted and driven into the sea.
Don't agree at all with ocean beach..

i got many friends/contacts dj, mixing there, & they play House Music, even better music than big clubs ...if u are there for the music no matter is the crowd
Ibz 17 ill go to pool parties such as Ocb, blue marlin, hotel pikes, sol house ibiza rocks & will avoid big clubs except some events.(opening/closing dc10/Ushuaia/amnesia/lio vintage)
Zoo projects are party i'm still in & some parties in Sankeys to support friends & cova santa ones & heart too...
& the one i will avoid are Pacha ones & amnesia (except their opening & Elrow)
More beaches ,beach bars, more free (after)parties/events is the answer for Ibz summer 17 :D & no more spreading money such as ibz summer 16

Last edited:
Don't agree at all with ocean beach..

i got many friends/contacts dj, mixing there, & they play House Music, even better music than big clubs ...if u are there for the music no matter is the crowd
Ibz 17 ill go to pool parties such as Ocb, blue marlin, hotel pikes, sol house ibiza rocks & will avoid big clubs except some events.(opening/closing dc10/Ushuaia/amnesia/lio vintage)
Zoo projects are party i'm still in & some parties in Sankeys to support friends & cova santa ones & heart too...
& the one i will avoid are Pacha ones & amnesia (except their opening & Elrow)
More beaches ,beach bars, more free (after)parties/events is the answer for Ibz summer 17 :D & no more spreading money such as ibz summer 16
Just out of intrest why will you only go to the opening and closing of the big clubs and avoid them at other times? I cant see the logic in that. My favourite time to visit dc10 for example if june. Same djs but less crowded

i'm getting bored for big clubs parties that dont worth on the whole(wont name them as i will have 90% of ennemies there:D ).
ive done a lot of parties for summer 16,46days, (with fusion & his mates on august16) & through these experiences, for summer 17 i will party a lot but will give up big club events on the whole except a few ones(Elrow is an exception & i may say yes for some parties if mates insist for some big clubs or House legend djs such as David Morales,Louie Vega, was disappointed about dj Sneak mix for paris by night closing & i should go to melon bomb party that was free & always good House Music at Pikes hotel that should be a place i ll go a lot)...
Ushuaia is too commercial beside opening closing party & sorry, Ants dont worth 1/100 Zoo project party at Benimussa Park.

I plan to see many dj on beach bars, more chill out time on the beach,more after parties/daytime parties...

looking for the balearic experience & to support some djs i follow.

ps:i didnt see any spotlight at Wax da jam, neither spotlight at Sol house for Jose Padilla closing mix except the ones that hang with me ...neither spotlight for Alfredo mix at flight Area on space closing oct 2nd :p ..The authentic ibz experience.....

i didnt see any spotlight at Wax da jam, neither spotlight at Sol house for Jose Padilla closing mix except the ones that hang with me ...neither spotlight for Alfredo mix at flight Area on space closing oct 2nd :p ..The authentic ibz experience.....
paaam!

bravo2.gif

Not read the whole thread but it's so boring reading all the

"I've been coming for 10 years and this year it's changed" bullshit posts

Of course it's changed , you have changed !!

Step away from the dc10/ amnesia/ocean beach and find the alternative if you don't like it , trust me there are thousands that are loving it !!

Try coming in winter !! It's the tits

Step away from the dc10/ amnesia/ocean beach and find the alternative if you don't like it , trust me there are thousands that are loving it !!

I think people just want be able to party in the day and do afterhours. Pretty simple.

.....Yeah,you get your point across very well. that is the perfect example of a bullshit post.

Couldn't agree more with this, those people who bleat that they haven't been to Space since they put the roof on, well fair play.....you missed some amazing nights that were the same if not better before the roof went on .

Can anyone name one single thing that is better in Ibiza now than before 2000?

Just out of interest really...I am scratching my head...possibly the new dual carriageway from San An to Ibiza town? Other than that I am struggling...

my ibiza history (sadly) only begins 2004, but anyway:

- culinary offer. and no, I'm not referring to things like heart, lío or sublimotion and neither about all the sushi places, but rather to the fact how much is offered nowadays. you can still get the true ibicenco grub at decent prices, but apart from that you can get pretty much all different cuisines of this world now. I am pretty sure that wasn't the case 20 years ago.

- accommodation offer. even though this is also a bit of a problem (for us locals mainly), but the type and the offer of accommodation on offer has also vastly expanded in the last decade.

- nightlife on offer. yeah we sadly don't have any space daytime raves anymore, but there are more private afterparties than ever, there are more club nighttime events than ever before and also daytime stuff still happens on a big scale (ushuaïa, ibiza rocks, boat parties). I'm also in the 'it was better 10 years ago camp' nowadays, but if you look at it from an objective point of view, there's just much more on offer nowadays and also different music styles.

- winter offer. more flights, more places open.

Just out of interest really...I am scratching my head...possibly the new dual carriageway from San An to Ibiza town? Other than that I am struggling...

I think the mods on this forum could start a new thread from this post onwards,yeah?

my ibiza history (sadly) only begins 2004, but anyway:

- culinary offer. and no, I'm not referring to things like heart, lío or sublimotion and neither about all the sushi places, but rather to the fact how much is offered nowadays. you can still get the true ibicenco grub at decent prices, but apart from that you can get pretty much all different cuisines of this world now. I am pretty sure that wasn't the case 20 years ago.

- accommodation offer. even though this is also a bit of a problem (for us locals mainly), but the type and the offer of accommodation on offer has also vastly expanded in the last decade.

- nightlife on offer. yeah we sadly don't have any space daytime raves anymore, but there are more private afterparties than ever, there are more club nighttime events than ever before and also daytime stuff still happens on a big scale (ushuaïa, ibiza rocks, boat parties). I'm also in the 'it was better 10 years ago camp' nowadays, but if you look at it from an objective point of view, there's just much more on offer nowadays and also different music styles.

- winter offer. more flights, more places open.

It's an interesting debate for sure. It's changing all the time, depends what you want...I suppose. I just feel like it's lost a bit of soul. You mention the hotels...yeah fair play...but if every average 3-star hotel gets a bit of a facelift and then charges 3 times as much, I'm not sure that's necessarily a positive thing. Same with the restaurants. Some of the prices are ridiculous. I guess it all goes with the gentrification of the island and appealing to the people with money...

The clubs were all better, end of. Proper atmospheres and feeling. That has gone...

If anyone tries to tell me they prefer that stupid walkway on sunset strip to the Mambo's Café del Mar of old, they want sectioning. Breaks my heart to see all the camera phones pointing at Guetta (or whoever), blocking the path of families with push-chairs trying to get past! ;-)

- culinary offer. and no, I'm not referring to things like heart, lío or sublimotion and neither about all the sushi places, but rather to the fact how much is offered nowadays. you can still get the true ibicenco grub at decent prices, but apart from that you can get pretty much all different cuisines of this world now. I am pretty sure that wasn't the case 20 years ago

Ibiza town has always been pretty good for food,san an not so. But the British have upped their culinary game and so has san an.

It has abit. Higher end mainly. The most noticeable thing on a budget is air conditioning in the rooms.

'Private' after parties...?

More doesn't mean better.?

Ushuaia,shit.. ibiza rocks,so what. .. boat partys,is that where we're at?

winter offer. more flights, more places open

Yes this is good..

The pills are better and alot more brass around so.you don't have to waste time trying to pull after payi €99 into a club and cant afford to by a girl a drinko_O. now you can get a blowjob on the way home for the price of a vodka limon...

You want Magaluf - You go to Magaluf.

You want Monaco - You go to Monaco.

You want Miami - You go to Miami.

You want St Tropez - You go to St Tropez.

If you want Ibiza - You want Ibiza... Not the above.

The white island still has time to preserve itself to which it originally attracted us there. Some fail to realise the Gravity of losing a Club like Space when Ibiza needed it the most.

Anything better than it used to be?????? No.....

There are loads of things better than they used to be, most have been detailed on this thread somewhere.

With over 7 million visitors to the island, it's going to change a bit every year, you either embrace it or simply don't go and post up threads of " how things used to be "

It will be interesting to see if Space closing and new owners taking over what effect that has on the season and Bossa.

Back