End of season summary/thoughts

I guess my main gripe is with too many people jumping on and relabelling things they don't understand. eg with producers/remixers. It shouldn't matter but the crap REALLY DOES congest juno, youtube, soundcloud, promo lists I'm on making real house/techno so much harder and more time consuming to find. If it ain't house or techno or balearic don't label it as such!!! It matters also in the sense that a community that has grown up with something isn't going to take too kindly to people coming in and taking the piss. Sneak for instance often makes a fool of himself but his central argument about 'fakers' is 100% valid. If you're passionate about something, of course you'll be miffed. Now I certainly wasn't suggesting going around dancefloors with questionnaires!! Hearing and getting into NEW stuff and not knowing what it is, is obv cool. Also, as my recent experience at Sa Trinxa showed, certain types of parties are just a laugh and a social where nobody should care too much. I was merely referring to the need for genuinely real house/techno nights not to attract wallies who don't actually know why they're there.

I do agree with you but i also look at both sides and for example someone who isnt really into the dance scene but for whatever reason they end up at a techno night, of course they will mainly be the people you mention the ones who you look at and think 'wtf are you doing here' but some will think 'wow this is bloody brilliant' and thats the start for them.
Its only gonna get worse with films like this 'white island' due out and stuff like ibiza weekender but the ones that are there but dont want to be or dont know why they are will hopefully steer clear in the future but as i said before there will be that next person in there place

Of course i wish i could go back and experience what i would consider proper clubbing (carefree, no phones, people off their nut) but thats gone sadly. But i feel for and have massive respect to all you older ravers (im 30 but 21 in my head) who are the ones that have had to adapt to how different it is now, i think people forget that too easily

I do agree with you but i also look at both sides and for example someone who isnt really into the dance scene but for whatever reason they end up at a techno night, of course they will mainly be the people you mention the ones who you look at and think 'wtf are you doing here' but some will think 'wow this is bloody brilliant' and thats the start for them.
Its only gonna get worse with films like this 'white island' due out and stuff like ibiza weekender but the ones that are there but dont want to be or dont know why they are will hopefully steer clear in the future but as i said before there will be that next person in there place

A person that ends up at a techno night and not knowing why they're there and people who go to a techno night not really knowing why they are there can mean two different things.. And a lot of the time the latter (in the context it is being used now) are there because it is the in thing - like in that video I posted. Only one man knows WHY he is there. It's so bad even the DJ is making fun of them.

A person that ends up at a techno night and not knowing why they're there and people who go to a techno night not really knowing why they are there can mean two different things.. And a lot of the time the latter (in the context it is being used now) are there because it is the in thing - like in that video I posted. Only one man knows WHY he is there. It's so bad even the DJ is making fun of them.

I fully understand the point the video is making but i disagree with you that the guy stood on something dancing is the only person that knows why theyre there unless that reason is to attract attention to himself....

As long as people are enjoying it, dancing, and nor killing the vibe then they shouldn't have to know the tracks or be big into the dance scene.
I go to ibiza with a group of people, only a few are clued into their tunes and dj, the other people I go with just enjoy the party, when they come home they arnt clamouring to download sets etc. I agree with the people above that say some of these 'newcomers' may end up haveing a a great time in ibiza and their interest in dance music starts from then.
Sometimes it sounds a tad snobby chastising every non dance head that goes to ibiza, they are their to party as well so just let them.
Iv never been to ocean beach, but any videos I see from the people are loving it, and generally dancing etc, Sure the music is cheese (to my taste) bug it doesn't bother me in the slightest. If I did ever go to ocean beach I would mope around saying this music shit or these 'clubbers' are dicks, I would just get merry drunk and join the party.

Joking aside its not physically possible for everyone in there to dance that expressively in a packed room so to say everyone in that room is there for the wrong reasons barring him is wrong imo.
I think im there coz i love the music but ive never danced like that and doubt i ever will so does that mean im just jumping on the bandwagon?

Joking aside its not physically possible for everyone in there to dance that expressively in a packed room so to say everyone in that room is there for the wrong reasons barring him is wrong imo.
I think im there coz i love the music but ive never danced like that and doubt i ever will so does that mean im just jumping on the bandwagon?

It's exaggeration just to make a point obviously.. Look at the faces at the front. NONE of them are happy. Many people filming.

I personally believe that Ocean Beach and Ushuaia are a cancer which will eventually destroy what was special & unique about the island. There is nothing autentico about either or the people they attract. If you support these places or what they represent then YOU ARE the problem. These places should be boycotted and driven into the sea.

You can think what you like anyway. People that hang around posing, pouting and generally looking unhappy kill my buzz and I don't want to be around them. And I'm completely entitled to think that way.

It's exaggeration just to make a point obviously.. Look at the faces at the front. NONE of them are happy. Many people filming.

Your generalisations are a bit harsh...
Now youre saying that if you are enjoying the music you should be smiling?

I personally believe that Ocean Beach and Ushuaia are a cancer which will eventually destroy what was special & unique about the island. There is nothing autentico about either or the people they attract. If you support these places or what they represent then YOU ARE the problem. These places should be boycotted and driven into the sea.
Serious over reaction there, relax, be more ibiza ;)

You can think what you like anyway. People that hang around posing, pouting and generally looking unhappy kill my buzz and I don't want to be around them. And I'm completely entitled to think that way.

That is absolutely fair enough and i agree with you to a certain extent (100% on the posing, pouting) but dont always judge a book by its cover

Serious over reaction there, relax, be more ibiza ;)
Not really over reacted... Ibiza was so special and different of Dubai or Vegas because there weren't place like these before. Same for the crowd...
This and the vip places are killing the spirit of the Ibiza's nights.
Seriously, can you imagine now Jean-Paul Gaultier crossing the Dome terrace without been importuned like it was 15 or 20 years ago?
This year for the first time in 22 years I saw 2 or 3 times some supercars like Ferrari or Bentley in Portinatx.
In Portinatx.

Back