End of season summary/thoughts

So you stand there with a face like a slapped ar5e all night? If it doesn't make you happy don't you think you should find a new pastime?

Funnily enough thats the exact phrase my missus says to me....... ;)

Youve watched a 20 second vid of some people and made your mind up on whos enjoying it and whos not. Which i believe isnt fair.

I generally have a miserable face and i dont do drugs to be screwed, do i have a face like a slapped arse all night not a chance but when im completely immersed in the music im pretty sure i dont stand there just smiling, infact i would find that a bit weird

You can believe it's unfair all you like it doesn't change anything. Why you have a desperate need to stand up for a bunch of robotic looking strangers baffles me. I'm already in the minority group.

You can believe it's unfair all you like it doesn't change anything. Why you have a desperate need to stand up for a bunch of robotic looking strangers baffles me. I'm already in the minority group.
Good for you...

Im not desperately defending anyone im purely not judging someones state of happiness from a 20 second video clip.

I personally couldnt care less how i look to others on the dancefloor, as long as im polite and respectful and enjoying the music im happy as a pig in s**t!

We all express ourselves differently, as far as im aware there isnt a book on clubbing protocol (there probably is somewhere ;))

Good for you...

Im not desperately defending anyone im purely not judging someones state of happiness from a 20 second video clip.

I personally couldnt care less how i look to others on the dancefloor, as long as im polite and respectful and enjoying the music im happy as a pig in s**t!

We all express ourselves differently, as far as im aware there isnt a book on clubbing protocol (there probably is somewhere ;))

I find it peculiar that you are debating something when you profess that you don't care. The reason we are airing our opinions is because we feel strongly and passionate about something.. Our clubbing culture being diluted and even contaminated by junk. So when someone debates against you but claims to be carefree it is quite argumentative on their part. If you don't care why comment?

I find it peculiar that you are debating something when you profess that you don't care. The reason we are airing our opinions is because we feel strongly and passionate about something.. Our clubbing culture being diluted and even contaminated by junk. So when someone debates against you but claims to be carefree it is quite argumentative on their part. If you don't care why comment?

Ahhhh i think youve took it the wrong way, i meant that i couldnt care less how i look it to others as in i dont think about acting a certain way in order to fit in and please others i just be myself.
But of course i care that you think because someone isnt smiling and dancing expressively that they must be unhappy coz that is 100% untrue.

I found it strange that you said the majority are robotic and unhappy and people like that 'kill your buzz' as you put it, but then ultimately arent you the one who ends up unhappy?

Be more Ibiza? The locals of Ibiza don't want ANY clubbers actually.

Ridiculous .... They don't want the ones that piss up the side of their appt blocks, puke in their shop fronts, shout outside their houses at 0400, or want to start a row because they have had to much booze

If you don't want to be around the people that " kill your buzz " instead of moaning about them, simply don't go anywhere where you think they will be.

I visited the island three times this season, once for openings, once during the first week of September and again for Space closing weekend.

I have to say my favourite time to be on the island from this year was opening weekend. The atmosphere is fantastic, the crowd is excellent and although the clubs are very busy they are manageable.

However my second visit in early September really opened my eyes, as I came with the misses and took the time to travel the island and see a side I've never seen before. Of course we attended some amazing parties (Cocoon, Revolution and Music On) but when you get out and explore, you really see how incredible Ibiza really is.

Last but not least... closings! That was one hell of a weekend. Music On, Ushuaia and Space Closing were all incredible. Space in particular is hard to even vein describing - never known an atmosphere quite like it and I'm not sure I ever will again.

Although the closing parties are no question the best, I always find it overwhelmingly depressing leaving as the island starts to shut down, as of dealing with a chronic comedown and the impending end of summer isn't enough :D

From a party (excluding club opening and closings) perspective, I have to say The two Cocoons I attended (opening and September) were the standout as always. Attending sober during September really brought home just how great the crowd, atmosphere and music is in comparison to the more 'flavour of the month' parties like MusicOn. Sven Väth never fails!

As I've only been coming to Ibiza for 5 years and I'm only 23, I can't really comment "the good old days" as such, and although I agree some areas of Ibiza are moving in a direction I don't like, I really don't ever think the place will lose its magic. Every year it draws me in and every time my feet hit the tarmac, I get the same buzz.

Roll on Ibiza 2017!

The only thing I'll say is that they really need to figure out the open air partying......and I'm not talking about Ushuaia. That's really what the Balearic vibe is all about and the demand for a smaller outdoors party with a "hippy" vibe is in deep demand. The Beach House parties and WooMoon speak for themselves. The ironic thing is that these are the parties that the island probably wants, but the island is its biggest enemy between the noise complaints and licensing nonsense. Instead, we're stuck with Ocean Beach and Ushuaia.

Good for you...

Yes if i dont smile i have a resting bitch face and people think i may be moody or not enjoying myself but i am...i am jusy enjoying the music..

Ahhhh i think youve took it the wrong way, i meant that i couldnt care less how i look it to others as in i dont think about acting a certain way in order to fit in and please others i just be myself.
But of course i care that you think because someone isnt smiling and dancing expressively that they must be unhappy coz that is 100% untrue.

I found it strange that you said the majority are robotic and unhappy and people like that 'kill your buzz' as you put it, but then ultimately arent you the one who ends up unhappy?

Just because I have an opinion and I'm not afraid to voice it doesn't mean that I'm unhappy. I wouldn't go to a club where I believed people would be hanging around posing, filming, miserable etc..the closest I got to that was Space closing and I had to go there - but my opinion was that there were plenty of people at Space closing hanging around keeping their make-up intact just so they got get that perfect 12.30 pm Photo for Facebook. I am blessed that the city I come from has had a thriving underground scene throughout my adult life. I've always been surrounded by like-minded people who like to keep the 90's vibe alive.. And every year there are new faces who keep it going. It has never stagnated. I would have liked to go to Cocoon closing but I thought maybe it will be a tight squeeze so I won't bother, if I can't dance and free myself and make non-verbal connections with other like-minded people I may as well be in my kitchen dancing and listening to sound cloud (which is great fun nonetheless). Space was the only large club I really liked because of all the different smaller rooms, I prefer clubs like Sankeys and Underground. These are my opinions and they are what I like. I'm not going around banning people from clubs I've claimed as my own because I've been there more times than them, and it's me that can't go and see DJs that I'd like to because the crowd are posey and miserable and will kill my buzz. So.. Why you keep responding to my comments so negatively suggests you want me to also change my opinion - which I can assure you I never will. I'm entitled to think I don't like a lot of the changes in Ibiza, but I'm also clever enough to keep finding things I do like.

The only thing I'll say is that they really need to figure out the open air partying......and I'm not talking about Ushuaia. That's really what the Balearic vibe is all about and the demand for a smaller outdoors party with a "hippy" vibe is in deep demand. The Beach House parties and WooMoon speak for themselves. The ironic thing is that these are the parties that the island probably wants, but the island is its biggest enemy between the noise complaints and licensing nonsense. Instead, we're stuck with Ocean Beach and Ushuaia.

^ EXACTAMENTE ^

this!

Just because I have an opinion and I'm not afraid to voice it doesn't mean that I'm unhappy. I wouldn't go to a club where I believed people would be hanging around posing, filming, miserable etc..the closest I got to that was Space closing and I had to go there - but my opinion was that there were plenty of people at Space closing hanging around keeping their make-up intact just so they got get that perfect 12.30 pm Photo for Facebook. I am blessed that the city I come from has had a thriving underground scene throughout my adult life. I've always been surrounded by like-minded people who like to keep the 90's vibe alive.. And every year there are new faces who keep it going. It has never stagnated. I would have liked to go to Cocoon closing but I thought maybe it will be a tight squeeze so I won't bother, if I can't dance and free myself and make non-verbal connections with other like-minded people I may as well be in my kitchen dancing and listening to sound cloud (which is great fun nonetheless). Space was the only large club I really liked because of all the different smaller rooms, I prefer clubs like Sankeys and Underground. These are my opinions and they are what I like. I'm not going around banning people from clubs I've claimed as my own because I've been there more times than them, and it's me that can't go and see DJs that I'd like to because the crowd are posey and miserable and will kill my buzz. So.. Why you keep responding to my comments so negatively suggests you want me to also change my opinion - which I can assure you I never will. I'm entitled to think I don't like a lot of the changes in Ibiza, but I'm also clever enough to keep finding things I do like.

I think thats great you go places that cater for what you want but you say im replying negatively?
I have purely pointed out that you are wrong in saying because someone isnt smiling they must be unhappy, you seem to keep over looking this point.
Anyway were going in circles and we will just agree to disagree :)

I think she has a point though - who actually wants to be surrounded by dickheads on facebook killing the buzz? all very well people saying just move elsewhere - really?! how about they move elsewhere (preferably a different interplanetary system)?

I think she has a point though - who actually wants to be surrounded by dickheads on facebook killing the buzz? all very well people saying just move elsewhere - really?! how about they move elsewhere (preferably a different interplanetary system)?

This i fully agree with and it baffles me. Seen people walking round space closing with there head down looking at there phones not even where they are walking in a packed club.
My point is that just because someone may look miserable at some point it doesnt mean they are having an awful time and would rather be somewhere else

I think thats great you go places that cater for what you want but you say im replying negatively?
I have purely pointed out that you are wrong in saying because someone isnt smiling they must be unhappy, you seem to keep over looking this point.
Anyway were going in circles and we will just agree to disagree :)

I didn't say if someone isn't smiling they must be unhappy. There s a difference between 'not smiling' and 'scowling' or 'pouting' or 'frowning' hence why I am 'overlooking this point' that you have generated from nowhere. Or maybe it was the jokey 'smiling or 'scrwface' comment that did it. You're completely failing to understand my point which really has nothing to do with facial expressions per se. Theoriginal point I was making was that in the video shared by Tiga, there is one man lost in music - the rest who are visible are either posing, pouting, filming, or just generally being weird wearing the same black clothes. I don't know who your mates are, or where you go clubbing but in my whole life experiences and everyone I've met, being a 'clubber' was about being more like that man. As Ibiza is changing it is becoming less like that man and more like those other people. Of course there will be some people that don't dance, they aren't very smiley whatever.. There always has been people like that..But when they become the majority at a 'rave' something ain't right. Because something has changed. why are people continuously recording DJs with video cameras? Because it's becoming MORE ABOUT APPEARANCE. That is my opinion. And the people that I want to agree with me, do agree with me.

I completely agree with you in that it has changed massively and if you read an earlier post i say i feel for older clubbers who have had to adapt but for the majority this is how its always been for there short clubbing years and you have to appreciate that.
As for what people wear.... Fashion was, is and will always be a major part in any scene in life. Golf, fishing, clubbing whatever people want to fit in and look the part and of course you get the ones who dont give a toss what they look like and make it interesting

Back