End of season summary/thoughts

Just because Danny Whittle says anything doesn't mean it is right or true.

I also fail to understand where the advantage is, that every Club has now 7 big nights instead of 2 or 3 in the 90's?

By the way, did he mention Boom?

I miss Ushuaia, and I know that place gets a lot of hate but I wasn't around Ibiza when Space Terrace was going off, so this place was cool for me.

I wouldn't say i hated Ushuaia but i can sort of understand why people could. I can't not give them credit for their marketing and presentation and promotion, it might not be my cup of tea but credit where its due its fantastic. I have always thought the commercial scene and the underground scene have worked along side each other for years. You simply can't have one without the other, bit like an economy. I feel over the last few years ( maybe longer ) the commercial side is way stronger almost to the point where the underground cannot survive. Every season a beach club/bar event will be denounced not allowing the "under the radar" type of event which a lot people go for. Some might say more fool them for not having proper licences, some might say its commercial pressure.

Liberalism, Hedonism, Tolerism... 3 ingredients that has given us ibiza.

There seems to be more red tape on the island nowadays. For example ( off the clubbing debate) Myself and the Mrs always go horse riding up North with the guys from the Horse Valley ( worth doing ), we used to swim with the horses, great therapy for them as they are reabilitated. Something as simple as that is not allowed any more.

I also fail to understand where the advantage is, that every Club has now 7 big nights instead of 2 or 3 in the 90's?

The only advantage, is to those who are profiting from it. All these extra nights are probably part of the reason the authorities are cracking down so hard on the closing times,and the locals are getting pissed at seeing all this extra money being spent and no more of it is going any their way?

That was just a promotional blog post.

I feel over the last few years ( maybe longer ) the commercial side is way stronger almost to the point where the underground cannot survive

Yes. Because the younsters are lapping it up! In the past 15 yrs youth movements seem to have come to a grinding halt... i know there are still little cliques ,squat parties and stuff like that going on,but the days of the youth making the front pages of the tabloids seem over for now anyway?

Has there really been a big musical youth movement since rave though?

I don't think there has, not one that has the cult following, and culture changes ideologies, the rave scene really changed society in so many ways

Has there really been a big musical youth movement since rave though?

I don't think there has, not one that has the cult following, and culture changes ideologies, the rave scene really changed society in so many ways

No,not really. Certainly not with regards to dance music. Maybe later when i get time i'll start a different discussion /thread on it?

There seems to be more red tape on the island nowadays. For example ( off the clubbing debate) Myself and the Mrs always go horse riding up North with the guys from the Horse Valley ( worth doing ), we used to swim with the horses, great therapy for them as they are reabilitated. Something as simple as that is not allowed any more.

It never was, it was sometimes just tolerated.

The only advantage, is to those who are profiting from it. All these extra nights are probably part of the reason the authorities are cracking down so hard on the closing times,and the locals are getting pissed at seeing all this extra money being spent and no more of it is going any their way?

That was just a promotional blog post.

Weirdly though the police / authorities profit from all the fines they deal out to the clubs / bars. its almost like its all arranged...

Back