Don Toni => Hard Rock Hotel

hard rock hotel building site, 20th jan 2014

408595816.jpg

slowly taking shape, compare it to the image above

408595818.jpg

view from the beach with la plage (RIP) to the left

theibizasun

Hard Rock
The vice-president of the Matutes Group, Abel Matutes Prats, claimed last week that the new Hard Rock hotel, the first of its kind in Europe, would open up Ibiza to new markets. He explained that the brand was already very well known and trusted across the world, and that he had already received a lot of interest from American agents, so much so that the island was very close to receiving a direct weekly flight from New York, although in the end it was not possible, although he hoped that this would become a reality in 2015.

Any rumours or word as to what hard rock are gonna be doing on there open air stage?? Acts??? Dj's???

Just booked up for this in September - through Ibiza Spotlight of course :lol: Website and pics look good - although computer generated!

Also booked for closing for my sins. Not too sure what to expect to be honest. Price seems very reasonable all things considered

theibizasun
Hard Rock
The vice-president of the Matutes Group, Abel Matutes Prats, claimed last week that the new Hard Rock hotel, the first of its kind in Europe, would open up Ibiza to new markets. He explained that the brand was already very well known and trusted across the world, and that he had already received a lot of interest from American agents, so much so that the island was very close to receiving a direct weekly flight from New York, although in the end it was not possible, although he hoped that this would become a reality in 2015.

What made it not possible to have a direct flight this time?

depends how big the plane is.and would enough from usa want to go.as most i talk to are in forces and come from europe or middle east or ships

Last edited:
i'm not entirely sure if it's true, but i've heard the runway first would need an extension before long haul planes could land in ibiza?
depends how big the plane is.and would enough from usa want to go.as most i talk to are in forces and come from europe or middle east or ships

The Americans I've come across in Ibiza are either hardcore clubbers or backpackers. A plane exclusively for Americans would bring a crowd you'd find in Las Vegas or Miami for a convention who'd complain that there's saltwater running through the taps.

The Americans I've come across in Ibiza are either hardcore clubbers or backpackers. A plane exclusively for Americans would bring a crowd you'd find in Las Vegas or Miami for a convention who'd complain that there's saltwater running through the taps.

which is exactly why i'm hoping for no direct flights from the US.

which is exactly why i'm hoping for no direct flights from the US.

Myself, even as a proud American, are with you on that! They don't understand that salt water is good for dealing with jelly fish stings.

Give me a group of fun Italians with their dog Federico at Ses Salines anytime.

Last edited:
i think like 10 years ago there were some charter flights from the US with 1 stop. I know bunch of people that go to Ibiza each year and yet they couldn't fill 1 plane in total. Though if Iberia did 1-2 non-stops a week in the summer it could be feasible. I don't see a direct flight really changing the # of US tourists - a direct flight barely saves time and wouldn't be notably cheaper IMO. Hence I don't see a direct flight really changing the # of US tourists coming.

Back